GDT: Gm 15 - Edmonton Oilers @ Boston Bruins/11-6-14/7P ET/NESN, RSN, TVA2, 98.5 FM ‎

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Yikes. Post-game beers at the Harp until after midnight followed by the two hour commute home...only to come back to work for 8am.

I'm getting too old for this ****.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Even when we had a healthy D, this team was still playing like they are now. We SHOULD be beating teams like the Oilers. I dont have confidence at this moment in time that say we make the playoffs. We wont be going far. I'm not confident in this current group of players. Its painful to watch this so far. I'm hopeful SOMETHING will change but man, watching this team have no grit sucks. No hitting. No setting the tone. Being physical. Quaider not going up to Aulie (I think it was him). We are a better team when we play physical and the fact that we look soft as baby **** is a concern.

Yay we got the win but I dont see any improvements to this team except for the fact Dougie seems to be stepping up to the plate which is great. We cannot play like crap for 50 minutes and expect to wake up and play okay with 10 minutes left. Its unacceptable.

I'd add the play of Bergy's line to that, they've really come around. Particularly #63. Team is playing Charmin soft though.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think the team around him may help out with his offense, players thrive in different teams. Maybe its what he needs, could you imagine the feeds from Looch and Krejci with his skill to finish? I think it'd be a dynamite line. But, lines tend to look good when you want them to, only test is the acid test but I just don't see Bs going for Perron. I think we're gonna be disappointed with whatever Chia brings in under the certain cap circumstances

He plays on EDM, a team that only knows offense, with elite offensive players.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I'm happy we won and got the 2 points without overtime, but holy **** this team needs to figure out how to put in a 60 minute effort. Every single game we have at least on period's worth of time being trapped in our own zone, Turnovers, lazy clearing efforts, watching the play. I know it's been okay so far and we've managed to stage comebacks, but that's not gonna fly against teams that aren't Buffalo, Florida and Edmonton. We need to start scoring the first goals and not letting up. Constantly playing from behind eventually lost us the playoffs last year.

Next games against New Jersey, who are a step above who we'e been playing recently. Let's focus on coming out strong and not giving the other team room to breathe, especially not for a whole ****ing period.

The real test is gonna be next Thursday though. The habs look like **** so we shall see.

member 96824

I think the team around him may help out with his offense, players thrive in different teams. Maybe its what he needs, could you imagine the feeds from Looch and Krejci with his skill to finish? I think it'd be a dynamite line. But, lines tend to look good when you want them to, only test is the acid test but I just don't see Bs going for Perron. I think we're gonna be disappointed with whatever Chia brings in under the certain cap circumstances

B's should end up with about 5M of cap space to play with at the deadline. Should be enough to bring in something nice.

Perron is not that though at least to my eyes. He's certainly been more effective in Edmonton than he was in St. Louis from everything I've heard, but he may be much more cut out for a team that likes to run and gun than a team with structure. (Haven't seen him much in Edmonton but saw him a ton in STL).

At the end of the day, if it came down to chosing between for example Drew Stafford and David Perron, I would take Stafford with no hesitation.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Good game last night. Pretty much even until the Oilers scored the 2nd goal, then the Bs started to attack more. Don't like the soft style. Hope Chara, Miller, and new top six winger inject some toughness. But very impressed with 4 wins in a row. Don't care if its against weak teams.

Smith had a great game. Bergy & Marchand were good to. The Swedes were great. Griffith looked solid, looks comfortable. Creates stuff out there. Fraser on the other hand doesn't do much. Hamilton is fun to watch, such an effortless skater. Warsofsky & Morrow are very promising. Warsofsky more eye candy, while Morrow more subtle. When fully healthy, I wouldn't mind having one PMD on each pairing. Chara-Hamilton Seidenberg-Krug Miller(McQuaid)-Warsofsky(Morrow). Would help the transition very much. And what is going on with these refs lately?!

Last edited:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Just watched on DVR. The second period into the third was bad, but saying they only played well the last 10 minutes is an overreaction. They played a solid first period as well.

As for team identity, as long as they win, they can identify as the cast of "Frozen" for all I care. Just keep winning.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Just watched on DVR. The second period into the third was bad, but saying they only played well the last 10 minutes is an overreaction. They played a solid first period as well.

As for team identity, as long as they win, they can identify as the cast of "Frozen" for all I care. Just keep winning.

This. I would love for them to be the big bad bruins, but right now with these injuries.. just ****ing win.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I agree. Morrow has been very impressive and Warsofsky is alot like Krug. The entire D has looked pretty good considering all the injuries.
Bergy was a beast tonight. By far the best player on the ice. Loui also had one of his best games as a Bruin.

Maybe Peter "A+" Chiarelli was right when he said we had 9 NHL caliber D?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yea, for salary cap reasons.

No it wasn't.

I'm not going to post links or anything because you need to do a little research before you start trying to plug in players that meet your desire for flash and dazzle.

Perron is not needed both on and off the ice here in Boston.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Always run into people I know at the game,this time it was the surgeon who operated on my daughter's knee last week and the statie who pulled me over 2 consecutive days and gave me a $300 ticket only to lose in court. It was quite the staring contest in the men's room.

member 96824

Yea, for salary cap reasons.

"We certainly didn't make this trade just for salary-cap purposes," Armstrong said Wednesday. "If we were going to make a move, we wanted to add a player that we think fits into our organization where we are today and where we are moving forward. To get a young player that has obviously been highly thought of in his draft year and come over to North America, has done his apprenticeship in the American Hockey League

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=677597

Is "It was for cap reasons" becoming the new laziest argument when defending a trade?

member 96824

No, but I'd say "it was not for cap reason" the new laziest GM excuse for poor cap management.

I'm not sure if I would call Armstrong a poor cap manager...typically gets his guys at pretty good bargains.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Perron sucks. He's a floater with a nice shot. His last name might as well be Perronov, he is cut from the cloth of mother Russia. Do not want that scrub anywhere near this team. Would prefer Ryder if Chia were looking to add a disinterested one dimensional shooter.

Kitchener Boy

Apr 9, 2012
Kitchener
David Warsofsky out now supposedly.
Julien believes it's more than just a day-to-day situation.

Don't like the sound of that Bart is back it seems.

Kitchener Boy

Apr 9, 2012
Kitchener
And now the backups are getting hurt? Wow. How much longer until Millar/Krug back?
Bruins defenseman Torey Krug has been skating regularly since he had surgery to repair his broken finger.
Julien says it will be up to him how quickly he gets that feeling that he can hold his stick properly.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Thanks. That's promising...Bart for a game or two we can survive.

What about giving that Breen kid a game or two? Adds some size and toughness, and based on his size he must be a play it safe, keep it simple type of defenseman. Maybe he can punch some faces.

iGetCarried*

And now the backups are getting hurt? Wow. How much longer until Millar/Krug back?

Anyway, Sucks that Warsofsky is out. He has been easily the 2nd best callup, maybe first depending on how you look at it, though i've been more impressed with Morrow. Warsosky's been playing good minutes, averaging around 17 (and was averaging just under 20, minus the EDM game). He's been an asset on the PP and overall at both ends, has been solid.

This just becomes a double hit to the defense b/c barring another call up from Providence, Bartkowski goes back in the lineup :help:

at this point, call up Eminger, veteran dman who can't be any worse than Bartkowski. Only thing with all these call ups over Bart is that it is just killing his confidence even more, not that he had any to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad