GDT: Gm 15 - Edmonton Oilers @ Boston Bruins/11-6-14/7P ET/NESN, RSN, TVA2, 98.5 FM ‎

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I will stick my neck out there today and predict the Bruins will win 6-2 and Looch will produce a goal and 1 assist along with Soderberg who will score one and will set up Loui for another.
Smith,Kelly and Hamilton with the other three goals.

Go B's Go!!

I think I did an amazing job with tonights prediction and who would do what....
Yes, I am tooting my own horn..:laugh:

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
haha I dunno, Oilers board got pretty interesting after 8 (going on 9) years of exactly what happened tonight :)

We had to pay a price for having Bobby Orr and the big bag bruins. Two decades of torture.

You had 99, Mess, Anderson, Kurri... god I used to hate you guys. I remember when I thought if we could draw Calgary in 1988, we had a chance...

"Now here's 99 breaking down the left side...he shoots *CLINK*"

****!!!

You'll get back tjhere.

Mentallydull

Jul 3, 2008
Oil Country
We had to pay a price for having Bobby Orr and the big bag bruins. Two decades of torture.

You had 99, Mess, Anderson, Kurri... god I used to hate you guys. I remember when I thought if we could draw Calgary in 1988, we had a chance...

"Now here's 99 breaking down the left side...he shoots *CLINK*"

****!!!

You'll get back tjhere.

haha, unfortunately that was just briefly before my conscious memories - I was born in 84.

I don't know if this would be even remotely tolerable if I had to go from watching the dynasty to this ****.

I've actually seriously been considering getting Center Ice or some sort of streaming thing to watch the B's as a second team. I like the style of play the Bruins are known for and it would be nice to watch something entertaining.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
After getting robbed of two goals by those stupid quick whistles, it was nice for Krejci's line to get the EN, though I'm surprised the ref didn't stop the play for losing sight of the goalie :)

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 10m10 minutes ago
Julien: those games aren't always perfect but you like the way your team responds ^CS

Pretty much. Win pretty, win ugly, win big, win small - right now, just win.

Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 6m6 minutes ago
Julien sees "untapped potential as a whole" in the team. "So that's a work in progress right now" ^CS

Nice to see the kids contributing.

beantown bullies

LOOOOOOCH
Jul 3, 2008
Boston
If your tickets are mysteriously missing/destroyed before tonight's game, it may have been me. :nod:

A) thanks for not mysteriously grabbing my tickets
B) was a great game to go see great third period
C) like I said in the original post you quoted I haven't been to the Garden since Philly game 7 and prior to that was Carolina game 7. One thing you notice in person verse watching on TV is the size of the players and how fast the game really is.

Also with the real late filling of the building... Traffic getting in was horrible. A normal 45 minute drive in took 2 hours.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
haha, unfortunately that was just briefly before my conscious memories - I was born in 84.

I don't know if this would be even remotely tolerable if I had to go from watching the dynasty to this ****.

I've actually seriously been considering getting Center Ice or some sort of streaming thing to watch the B's as a second team. I like the style of play the Bruins are known for and it would be nice to watch something entertaining.

Well, that team has to be one of the best of all-time. It wasn't even fair, even w/o 99. How do you score 92 goals in one season, wtf. The only way to stop Edmonton then was if Steve Smith scored on his own net.

There's people that will tell you the B's have taken a step back due to cap hell, but they'll be a good team for a long time. But, I still don't know what i'd do w/o CI. Even when there's no games, CI is on the cutting edge of music technology.

However, I did suffer decades of Bruins mediocrity watching Detroit, so I'd recommend it.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Pretty much. Win pretty, win ugly, win big, win small - right now, just win.

Nice to see the kids contributing.

I agree. Very important to have won these last 4 games after the rough start and injuries. They got the job done.

Hopefully the other teams don't win many games in hand.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Tuukka-"guys still like me so they decide to score some goals"

Hes a funny kid.

Yeah. but he hesitated there before admitting it was his mistake. Typical goalie. Either you're screening them, or letting people shoot pucks at them. You can't win.

Loui is quietly generating big-time scoring chances. Set up another 2 on 1 they didn't score on, but should have.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nice comeback win!

4 games no Bart = 4 wins.

Morrow with another good game. I'd argue he makes the best and most consistent first pass outta the Bruins zone of any D-man on the team, including the injured ones.

Was impressed with Warsofsky as well. He played solid. Does he need to clear waivers to go back down? If I was a pro scout at this game I'd be calling my GM to seriously consider grabbing him on waivers if he was placed there. Gotta be a few teams out there were he would be a top 6 regular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad