GDT: Gm 15 - Edmonton Oilers @ Boston Bruins/11-6-14/7P ET/NESN, RSN, TVA2, 98.5 FM ‎

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
The early whistle on Griffith ill let slide cos Scrivens did have it, but the second one was unbelievable and should be reviewable when its that blatant.

Do we give Robins another look on the 4th? Get some hits going? I think we should forget the team being physical this year, theres was a specific play last night i cant remember who it was but he should definitely have finished his check,and hard, but je pulled out,noe to me that just sends the wrong message and gives the opposition freedom to make plays knowing they arent gonna be mashed into the boards, half the battle is perceived pressure when its in your own end, cause turnovers with the opposition rushing plays so to not be annhilated by a big hit.

Also, im gonna go out on a limb here, Morrow stays with Bs on the reg, would be a smart move to me, give him the experience, he looks more comfortable every game, by the time March/April comes around they'll know if they can switch him in and out with Miller or somebody, the kids gonna be good.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
Bruins defenseman Torey Krug has been skating regularly since he had surgery to repair his broken finger.
Julien says it will be up to him how quickly he gets that feeling that he can hold his stick properly.

He might want to wait until after the Habs game to come back, or he'll just end up with a broken finger again from a slash.

iGetCarried*

The early whistle on Griffith ill let slide cos Scrivens did have it, but the second one was unbelievable and should be reviewable when its that blatant.

Do we give Robins another look on the 4th? Get some hits going? I think we should forget the team being physical this year, theres was a specific play last night i cant remember who it was but he should definitely have finished his check,and hard, but je pulled out,noe to me that just sends the wrong message and gives the opposition freedom to make plays knowing they arent gonna be mashed into the boards, half the battle is perceived pressure when its in your own end, cause turnovers with the opposition rushing plays so to not be annhilated by a big hit.

Also, im gonna go out on a limb here, Morrow stays with Bs on the reg, would be a smart move to me, give him the experience, he looks more comfortable every game, by the time March/April comes around they'll know if they can switch him in and out with Miller or somebody, the kids gonna be good.

I would hope the Bruins would give Cunningham, Knight or even Randell a look on the 4th line over Robins at this point. I just don't see this even being worth a discussion though. I think next game we'll see everything go back to normal; Gagne back to the 4th, Fraser upstairs. Don't see anyone getting a chance in Providence for that 4th line spot unless someone gets hurt.

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Question, when Pastrnak gets his look, where does he go? Looch Krech? Bergy and promote smith? Or stick him with Soda and loui? Three skilled guys would be pretty good but oin the flipaide who sits and where does kelly go? Gagne out and kelly to the 4th?

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Question, when Pastrnak gets his look, where does he go? Looch Krech? Bergy and promote smith? Or stick him with Soda and loui? Three skilled guys would be pretty good but oin the flipaide who sits and where does kelly go? Gagne out and kelly to the 4th?

I hope he gets a look with Krech and Looch. He needs a offensively skilled center man to produce at this level.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Chia has said he'd be put on an offensive-based line. Griffith has been on the top line, so Claude is on board. I'd bet he'd go there.

iGetCarried*

Well, do they even give him a look with Griffith playing well? Unless this is planned regardless of how Griff performs. What i would do (without injuries):

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Griffith

Doesn't hurt to try. If Pastrnak's out of his element on the top line, maybe:

Lucic-Krejci-Griffith
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Eriksson-Soderberg-Pastrnak
Paille-Campbell-Kelly

It'll be interesting to see, when he gets a chance.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The Swedes do play better with Kelly, so Claude should stick with that line. But they need to get some energy on that 4th line.

Kelly is a great forechecker,stick guy whose offensive ability is somewhat blunt. I wish we had someone better for those guys offensively.

iGetCarried*

Kelly is a great forechecker,stick guy whose offensive ability is somewhat blunt. I wish we had someone better for those guys offensively.

Though i agree i wouldn't mind a 3rd forward with a little more offensive skill for that line, Kelly has been doing the job there. Kelly doesn't have a point in his last 6 games though. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Though i agree i wouldn't mind a 3rd forward with a little more offensive skill for that line, Kelly has been doing the job there. Kelly doesn't have a point in his last 6 games though. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I like Kelly but he's a drag on the offense. In his best year he's a 40 point player on a better team.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yikes. Post-game beers at the Harp until after midnight followed by the two hour commute home...only to come back to work for 8am.

I'm getting too old for this ****.

Some nights when the B's go into OT and don't win the ride home is SO long. Also getting up at 5:30 the next morning for work flat out sucks. :p:

I am getting too old. It's work that screws up my life. :rant: I need to win the lottery.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
As a center, I agree. However, he fits perfectly as a winger on that line. It just works.

It works for possession and containment,he just doesn't have the offensive ability to properly complement the other 2.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I hope he gets a look with Krech and Looch. He needs a offensively skilled center man to produce at this level.

This is where I would put him.

If your going to give him a look Krejci or Soderberg make the now sense (see what he can do with the top center of put him on the third where he's got a good center but the opposition won't be as elite).

I don't see Pasternak playing with Bergy-I think Julien likes the Marchand, Bergeron, Smith combo and right now they seem to have found their rhythm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad