Glendale: Still incompetent, and now attemping to wiggle out of the lease (Post 200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
And it's quote obvious how many of you continue to dodge what I said. I don't go by the "blame Glendale for everything line" like some Coyotes Fans do and it's showing up again just like it did in the previous ownership discussion, especially by those who continue year after year to ***** about where the arena is located.

Hey you don't have to tell me. I live near the Biltmore, work in North Scottsdale, am going to be in Tempe most nights next year, and still plan on making it to at least half the tickets I've bought. I'm from the west valley, and I hate when people put the blame on failures to "lol glendale". Glendale was the best option at the time.

This, on the other hand is different. On night 4 of the biggest hockey event of the year the city of glendale made a circus out of something that could of been dealt with privately.

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Its odd, I can't imagine the psychology that would drive someone to have glee in a city losing a team. The objective "whats best for the NHL" people who think relocation is a requirement, I understand. There are good arguments to be made, and its impossible to think we have an immediate potential that other markets do. But the sheer glee some of them display is gross.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Hey you don't have to tell me. I live near the Biltmore, work in North Scottsdale, am going to be in Tempe most nights next year, and still plan on making it to at least half the tickets I've bought. I'm from the west valley, and I hate when people put the blame on failures to "lol glendale". Glendale was the best option at the time.

This, on the other hand is different. On night 4 of the biggest hockey event of the year the city of glendale made a circus out of something that could of been dealt with privately.

Except, the city(like many Coyotes Fans) believed that the owners are just going to relocate once the team reached the 5 year - $50 Million minimum anyway due to the incompetence of those in the franchise. So why get on Glendale's case, for making this move if Glendale is screwed no matter what?

Do I have remind others of what was said before this vote took place? Remember just recently when other Coyotes Fans said the team is gone now when Edmonton won the lottery? Maybe for some Coyotes Fans they were venting but other Coyotes Fans are serious on that.

Last edited:

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Do I have remind others of what was said before this vote took place? Remember just recently when other Coyotes Fans said the team is gone now when Edmonton won the lottery? Maybe for some Coyotes Fans they were venting but other Coyotes Fans are serious on that.

I assure you, you don't have to remind anyone of anything, specially irrelevant drivel.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Legally Speaking: Did Glendale have the right to cancel the Coyotes lease agreement?

Since the three year window has not yet closed, and Tindall went to work for the Coyotes within the three years, it is Glendale's position that it can cancel the contract.

The city may be right.

However, counsel for the Coyotes aptly pointed out that the bulk of the negotiations and drafting of the contract took place in June and July 2013, after Tindall left his post in Glendale and before he went to work for the Coyotes. Thus, how can it be said that Tindall was "significantly involved" in the process?

According to the same law mentioned above, the cancellation shall become effective when written notice of the cancellation is received by the Coyotes. Soon thereafter we can expect the Coyotes to go straight to the courthouse steps to request an injunction.

http://ktar.com/305/1841453/Does-AZ-law-back-up-Glendale-in-lease

significantly: in a way that is large or important enough to be noticed or have an effect

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/significantly

Is that one email enough to have significantly affected the lease? Remember, they were still negotiation it during the council session in which the voted for the deal. Almost 2 years to the day and months after he left. It appears they first went after the terms of the loan with Fortress, then decided to fall back on this minor point. It was clearly plan B for the council all along and a weak one.

You cant renegotiate a deal that you feel was illegal in the first place. That idea by the council last night will come back to haunt them and their intentions.

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm really positive that the citizens of Glendale wanted Camelback Ranch developed and set up for absolute sweetheart deals for the Dodgers and White Sox. I'm sure the citizens of Glendale are thrilled by the $13 million a year that the city loses on that development. I'm also really sure that they'd be absolutely pleased as punch by the way the Bidwill family has made the city its E.L. James-caliber submissive in every facet of that relationship, because maybe they'll be able to write their names in the concrete of the parking garage Glendale has to build for UoP Stadium.

Let's not kid ourselves here. Last night was a farce, a little passion play put on by two groups of self-interested thieves and liars - the politicians and the businessmen. I don't believe for an instant that IceArizona is the fully-wronged party here - the way Leblanc keeps saying that the Fortress payments are no longer an issue absolutely does nothing to contradict the idea that prior to Barroway's buyout, the team likely WAS using Glendale's money to pay down their debt and therefore were in material breach. And I also don't believe for a moment that Glendale's city council is only acting to address the breaking of the law, particularly given the timing of how things have settled out.

No, there are no white or dark knights in this case - it's an ugly confrontation between two groups of shady dealers who showed up last night to do some playacting. The only difference is that Leblanc and co. were far more believable in their roles than the Glendale politicians.

So don't come in here shedding crocodile tears for the citizens of Glendale and trying to foist some cliched argument about representative democracy on us as a way to attack our reactions to this case. It's a straw man.

Pretty much nailed it there. :popcorn:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
http://player.sportsnet590.ca/

Anthony countered with one of the interviewers that Columbus is paying the team $4 million a year and stressed that Glendale is only paying $6 million a year.

Really need to get rid of this idea that Glendale is paying $15 million a year.

Also discussed how Gila River is calling to get info on how this impacts the naming deal. I assume they only did it because of the exposure of 41+ nights a year brings.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
The franchise has a hard time trying to get the ASG back in Arizona for quite sometime. Safe to say we weren't going to get the juniors or even the Frozen Four here regardless if the vote happened or not. Hell, our ownership couldn't even get the Rattlers to come here. Sure, the Rattlers aren't a big draw but chances are neither the WJC or Frozen Four would have been a big draw too.

The WJC would draw....Canadians flock to that event...and the cost to get the Phoenix is reasonable.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Nobody would buy it. They'd love to wash their hands of it but they're completley upside down.

Gila River has the naming rights, maybe they'd buy the whole thing, and put slots on the concourse level. :sarcasm: I wonder if the NHL would frown on having gambling inside of a NHL arena.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Anthony Leblanc just gave a phone interview. Needless to say, I'm extremely impressed with his passion and commitment to hockey in Arizona.

Best of luck 'Yotesbros

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

It was the best option at the time because none of the other cities wanted to put up the public money for the arena, all the talk was about Mesa for the Cardinals stadium but the residents didn't want to pass a tax increase to fund it.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Arizona Coyotes' LeBlanc: Glendale misinterpreting law to get out of deal

"They are saying Craig Tindall, their former city attorney, is this nefarious individual who broke the law," LeBlanc said.

"An email that was sent by three council members to Mr. Tindall five days before the vote after the agreement had been put together to ask his opinion because they wanted a second opinion from someone they trusted about three small points. They are claiming this is significant involvement. Our legal team is baffled. They actually cannot believe the city is moving forward with this."

"Their claim was that we used the money to pay down debt," LeBlanc said. "Which wasn't the case, but regardless, our agreement has a cure period of 30 days if we're ever notified that we breached the agreement.

http://arizonasports.com/43/1841556...endale-misinterpreting-law-to-get-out-of-deal

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

ssmatik

Jul 13, 2007
West Side
Last edited by a moderator:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Last I checked, social science research, like most other types of scientific research, occurs in the real world. More information does not preclude ignorance or stupidity. Far from it.

Just because some writes a research paper, or book, or journal entry, or anything else for that matter, that doesn't mean all of the info in it is accurate. I'm also more skeptical of what comes out of higher learning institutions today seeing how many professors lack objectivity and often promote their political bias in what's written or even taught for that matter.

Also, there's book smarts and there's street smarts(real world smarts), and there's common sense. Last I checked, most people who are highly book smart lack street smarts and common sense.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Came across this on Twitter. Had to share it:

LeBlanc%20walk.gif

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Just because some writes a research paper, or book, or journal entry, or anything else for that matter, that doesn't mean all of the info in it is accurate. I'm also more skeptical of what comes out of higher learning institutions today seeing how many professors lack objectivity and often promote their political bias in what's written or even taught for that matter.

Also, there's book smarts and there's street smarts(real world smarts), and there's common sense. Last I checked, most people who are highly book smart lack street smarts and common sense.

Yay for broad inferences based on very limited anecdotal experience. I worked in academia as a social science (economics) researcher and now work in real-world corporate, and I can certainly tell you that *none* of what you say remotely rings true for me.

Just because you don't agree with research findings doesn't invalidate said findings altogether. You are entitled to your own opinions of course, but not your own facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad