Proposal: Give Dallas a scorer

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
The f**k? Leafs' fans are still out to lunch with their opinions. Heiskanen is definitely not moving for your second rate players. There's only one player on the Leafs that gets him. Not to mention some of you wanting Klingberg for your quantity...

Guess we will have to wait till the upcoming game today for Leafs' fans to realize how good of a young player Miro is, after he shuts down their two-headed monster

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
The f**k? Leafs' fans are still out to lunch with their opinions. Heiskanen is definitely not moving for your second rate players. There's only one player on the Leafs that gets him. Not to mention some of you wanting Klingberg for your quantity...

Guess we will have to wait till the upcoming game today for Leafs' fans to realize how good of a young player Miro is, after he shuts down their two-headed monster

Who's the second rate player? I don't see any leaf fans disrespecting your players.

Nylander is far from second rate. His most minimal potential is 70 point, two-way forward. His highest ceiling is Seguin.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Prepare to overpay for Gallagher. We need scoring as bad as you.

Heiskenan is the ask

I'm a habs fan and I don't want to trade Gallagher.

But I guess I should be willing to sacrifice, and do my civic duty by helping the sport grow further out in Texas and other places in the US. As such - if Dallas asks nicely, i think i'd be ok for that trade as a 1vs1.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
Lol leaf fans in a nutshell

If Jonathan Drouin can get Sergachev and Ryan Johansen can get Seth Jones, you're delusional if you think Nylander is gonna be moved for anything less.

Until Nylander specifically asks for a trade, you better believe we are asking for a Heiskanen or Klingberg. Sorry Julius Honka won't get it done when we gave you guys a similar Carrick for a 7th.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Lol leaf fans in a nutshell
How many players make 6 million or more a year (70)? Those are worth more than Nylander, the rest are not obviously. GMs pay them less than what the Leafs may be offering Nylander. Some posters think Nylander is worth more than 6 lol.

Last edited:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

You've clearly misunderstood this whole thread.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Jonathan Drouin can get Sergachev and Ryan Johansen can get Seth Jones, you're delusional if you think Nylander is gonna be moved for anything less.

Until Nylander specifically asks for a trade, you better believe we are asking for a Heiskanen or Klingberg. Sorry Julius Honka won't get it done when we gave you guys a similar Carrick for a 7th.

And you wont get kling or heisk for nylnder. If you could get a dmen of that calibur, nylander would be long gone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Okay cool, so can we end the conversation here about Nylander.

Your missing the situations too.

Nashville is stacked at defense and could move 1 to get a 1c.

And montreal is dumb, they also traded subban for weber.

Dont think dallas is dumb, or have expendable top pairing dmen.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018

Well Oilers were dumb to trade Hall for Larsson, the other way too.

I am not missing any situation. The bottom line is I am assuming that the Leafs management is smart while you're assuming the Stars management is smart (as well as everyone else in the NHL) while the Leafs are dumb.

There is no chance we are going to find a deal that fits for both sides in this case, cause both sides want to win the trade.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018

The fact that Nylander hasn't been traded yet could either mean that other NHL GMs aren't dumb enough to give an overpayment for Nylander,.

But also that Dubas isn't dumb enough to give Nylander away for pennies on the dollar.

I tried to end the conversation by the way.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I’m okay with waiting until the deadline unless a player comes up that is to cheap to turn down. Give the current players a chance under Monty to perform. Outside of the top line we are a pretty young team someone like Janmark/Nichushkin/Hintz could grab that top six spot and not let go.

Yeah, there's no rush with the way the team is playing now - wait til a slump or the deadline. Also, giving the young guys minutes should boost the value of some of them which will make the eventual trade have better value for the Stars when one or a couple get moved out.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad