Proposal: Give Dallas a scorer

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Duchene, Stone, Eberle, Nyquist, Zuccarello. These options make the most sense and fit Monty's system the best.

Heiskanen is not available no matter what. In fact no one from the defense is available outside of maybe Honka (Johns injury concerns me so I don't want to hurt our depth there even more).

We don't need any more middle 6 or bottom 6 players. We need a legitimate 2nd line winger or center that can produce on his own if needed.

There is no deal to be made for Nylander. Toronto needs what we aren't willing to move

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Marner could get you Heiskanen. Nylander does not. I'm not a huge Nylander fan anyways so I'd rather pursue a cheaper and better option like a Duchene or Stone. Cheaper + better players
Most reasonable Leafs fans will agree with you. The issue is there arent any pieces in the Dallas system that would make sense for the Leafs outside of MN (and Klingberg, but that's absolutely is a non-starter lol)
I completely understand not wanting to move Heiskanen so I dont see a fit for Nylander

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Most reasonable Leafs fans will agree with you. The issue is there arent any pieces in the Dallas system that would make sense for the Leafs outside of MN (and Klingberg, but that's absolutely is a non-starter lol)
I completely understand not wanting to move Heiskanen so I dont see a fit for Nylander

Yeah this exactly. These teams just do not make good trade partners at all right now.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Dallas needs someone capeable of scoring at least 40-50 points somewhat reliably. So all those third liners capeable of 30 ish points people eager to trade ? No thanks thats pretty much all of our forwards after Benn , Seguin ,Radulov .

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Think Silfverberg would be a perfect fit for stars, Rw consistent 20+20 player plays both ways, has a good habit to lift in the playoffs.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
1st+2nd+Roberston for Stone or Duchene.

I think they can get one of them. Pierre Dorian is going to have to make moves at some point. The only issue is Tkachuk had a rough game today so they might dial down the hype on him for a while. I assume Jim Nill is calling Pierre everyday.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Dallas needs someone capeable of scoring at least 40-50 points somewhat reliably. So all those third liners capeable of 30 ish points people eager to trade ? No thanks thats pretty much all of our forwards after Benn , Seguin ,Radulov .
Ottawa is suppose to be going for the youth movement so Dallas needs to grab one of maybe throw in Ryan and Ottawa retains some salary or one of their 3rd line D.
Stone
Duchene
Ryan

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We aren’t touching Ryan’s contract for anything reasonable.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
If the Isles end up selling....

Lee - 1st + good prospect...I think they'll try to lock him up though even if they sell

Eberle - 1st, maybe small plus.

Nelson - 2nd, but I would avoid him if you're looking for a center. If you're OK with a winger he could be a decent 2nd liner. Regardless of where he plays he'll frustrate the hell out of you, but he produces.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
2019 lottery protected, 2020 if so.

If you want Ritchie or another lower line forward, sure, take one.

I'd even do Nyquist for Dallas 2019 protected 1st where if Dallas doesn't make the playoffs the 1st becomes something like 2019 2nd + 2020 4th rather than bumping it to an unprotected 2020 1st which wouldn't seem fair since Nyquist is a rental and he obviously wouldn't have helped much if you didn't make the playoffs.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
With Spezzas age the best player to go after imo is Duchene. Fills our 2C for next year ( assuming he signs in Dallas)

Nill has always been big in center depth. Although he might have faith Hintz can get there and go after a talented winger.

Dallas has lots of cap space next year so I'd be shocked if Nill doesnt trade for another top six forward

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m okay with waiting until the deadline unless a player comes up that is to cheap to turn down. Give the current players a chance under Monty to perform. Outside of the top line we are a pretty young team someone like Janmark/Nichushkin/Hintz could grab that top six spot and not let go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad