Proposal: Girardi to the Leafs

Mar 26, 2010
**** NO from Toronto.

Girardi is washed up, long ago.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs fan really won't mind giving up prospects but Girardi really isn't a difference maker and seems to be on the decline. It would be better to overpay a UFA and not give up any assets, then trade for Girardi.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think this might be something. There's also this guy who spent a short period of time in Toronto that I don't think got a fair shake. Think his name was Clarkson. Let's send Kapanen and a 2nd to reacquire him. Then I think we should send our 1st this year to LA to acquire some leadership in Brown.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think this might be something. There's also this guy who spent a short period of time in Toronto that I don't think got a fair shake. Think his name was Clarkson. Let's send Kapanen and a 2nd to reacquire him. Then I think we should send our 1st this year to LA to acquire some leadership in Brown.

That's... a tough deal for us to consider, but the second kind of sways things. I mean, I hate giving up on a 30-goal scorer, but... :(

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
This is bad on so many levels. Just. No. If ever there was an overpayment for Girardi (a guy who nyr admittedly want to get rid of) this is it.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
He's exactly what the Leafs need. Vet, experience, can play the top pair and help shut down teams.

Proposal:

Rangers:
Bracco
Conditional 2018 2nd rounder based on the Leafs making the playoffs in the 2017-2018 season
Michalek for cap reasons (Expires after this year)

Leafs:
Girardi 30% retained (~ 4m AAV)

hes exactly the opposite of what we need- slow, declining, horrid contract. his value? for us paying his salary itd be- girardi, 1st rounder, their top prospect for lepisic, conditional 4th rounder.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Where should I drop him off for you? I don't even need the bag of pucks.

Great character guy........which means he stinks

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
In a normal year I wouldn't make that trade but with the expansion draft looming and Girardi having an NMC you would have to include at least Buch in any deal to get me to take him.

That is too much, esp considering after the exp draft you can buy him out or let him sit on the bench for most games for a year, then the cap hit gets small.

No Buch
no top shelf blue chips

decent value on future picks and a mid prospect or two sweetener.

These guys don't attach to the cap until they are with your big club, so

Lupul
for
Girardi
the extra 3rd rounders
and
in addition to Tambellini
Kovacs and Stromwall

that is the final offer

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That is too much, esp considering after the exp draft you can buy him out or let him sit on the bench for most games for a year, then the cap hit gets small.

No Buch
no top shelf blue chips

decent value on future picks and a mid prospect or two sweetener.

These guys don't attach to the cap until they are with your big club, so

Lupul
for
Girardi
the extra 3rd rounders
and
in addition to Tambellini
Kovacs and Stromwall

that is the final offer

Your final offer is instantly rejected.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Some people just need to talk less and learn more... Watch some other team's games or at least listen to what their fans are saying.

Girardi is absolutely worse than Polak or Hunwick. "Why?" you may ask? While he may be the same skill level or marginally better (I don't know. I don't watch the Leafs or Rangers very much to know for sure) than Polak or Hunwick, the two Leafs' defensemen's contracts at least expire this year and are relatively cheap. Girardi's, on the other hand, goes for 3 more years at $5.5 million per year! That's insane for a barely NHL Dman.

In no way do you want any part of Girardi. Just be patient with your team. Don't feel the need to trade away valuable future assets for a couple more meaningless wins this year.

Girardi has NEGATIVE value.
....I find it extremely hard to analyze individual players. I can notice how teams play, but the game just moves way too fast for me to be able to develop any kind of analysis of any particular player. How do you guys do it?
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=125689023#post125689023

You guys jump on the bandwagon much? You almost can't even make this up....gotta love talking in absolutes when you've got no idea what you're talking about.

Yup, Girardi sucks....why? Because a jackass of a sports writer slams the Blueliners defense after an early exit last season. You know Staal has negative value too for the same reason.

Injuries don't matter.....play through injuries, have a down season and you suck...just ask Rick Nash who played hurt last season or Kevin Klein who's had back issues this season. Injuries didn't stop anyone from jumping on their respective "he sucks" bandwagons. Amid these three terrible blueliners, the Rangers manage to keep the puck out of their net, better than most teams...it must be because of their Hall of Fame goaltender standing on his head all the time. Though if that were the case, how's his hair looking so good while he's sitting on the bench?

If you're going to be a follower, at least know who you're following. Larry Brooks is a PoS, writing for a rag of a paper. They're just like any other trashy tabloid and will print any garbage that gets attention.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=125689023#post125689023

You guys jump on the bandwagon much? You almost can't even make this up....gotta love talking in absolutes when you've got no idea what you're talking about.

Yup, Girardi sucks....why? Because a jackass of a sports writer slams the Blueliners defense after an early exit last season. You know Staal has negative value too for the same reason.

Injuries don't matter.....play through injuries, have a down season and you suck...just ask Rick Nash who played hurt last season or Kevin Klein who's had back issues this season. Injuries didn't stop anyone from jumping on their respective "he sucks" bandwagons. Amid these three terrible blueliners, the Rangers manage to keep the puck out of their net, better than most teams...it must be because of their Hall of Fame goaltender standing on his head all the time. Though if that were the case, how's his hair looking so good while he's sitting on the bench?

If you're going to be a follower, at least know who you're following. Larry Brooks is a PoS, writing for a rag of a paper. They're just like any other trashy tabloid and will print any garbage that gets attention.

That's hfboards to a tee. Barely anyone watches more than their own team but talk out of their ***** because they have an agenda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad