Proposal: Girardi to the Leafs

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Wow... Feel bad for Girardi... Really... Im not saying that this trade is good, and I am aware he's simply not tradable, but still, posts like this... Simply disrespectful.

haha bracco, signed bracco poster for giradi and a 3rd.

BTW- who the **** is Bracco ??? Some prospect, I guess, right ?

Well, I guess its because of New York fans, who first blame Girardi for literally everything, present him as worst player to ever play in league (while he's not even worst defenseman on NYR currently), and then make a trade proposals involving him...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Take out Bracco and move the second to the NYR side and the Rangers probably still say yes.

Girardi has a top 3 worst contract in the league.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Wow... Feel bad for Girardi... Really... Im not saying that this trade is good, and I am aware he's simply not tradable, but still, posts like this... Simply disrespectful.

BTW- who the **** is Bracco ??? Some prospect, I guess, right ?

Well, I guess its because of New York fans, who first blame Girardi for literally everything, present him as worst player to ever play in league (while he's not even worst defenseman on NYR currently), and then make a trade proposals involving him...

Remember a guy named Phaneuf? We heard all this and more when he was here, and he's a better player than Girardi...but they both have ugly contracts. We had to eat about 23 million dollars in short term real money to move that contract, and yet someone in here thinks we should give JVR for Girardi?

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Remember a guy named Phaneuf? We heard all this and more when he was here, and he's a better player than Girardi...but they both have ugly contracts. We had to eat about 23 million dollars in short term real money to move that contract, and yet someone in here thinks we should give JVR for Girardi?

Don't remember anyone ever saying Phaneuf was "worst player in league", or "Phaneuf+3rd for some kid's autographed card", though I don't follow Leafs so much, and SOME of their fans are well... emotional, so someone MIGHT said sth like that. Anyway, consensus was that Phaneuf was a decent player on bad contract, and even if Leafs fans WERE frustrated about his situation, they didn't infected rest of the league with their hate on DP.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
add Marner to Bracco...and rangers still say no..be serious dude and stop with this proposals

sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpg

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
He's exactly what the Leafs need. Vet, experience, can play the top pair and help shut down teams.

Proposal:

Rangers:
Bracco
Conditional 2018 2nd rounder based on the Leafs making the playoffs in the 2017-2018 season
Michalek for cap reasons (Expires after this year)

Leafs:
Girardi 30% retained (~ 4m AAV)

This is so bad for the Leafs, please hand in your fan card right now.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Girardi is not the zero haters like to argue - playing 20+ minutes for the league's only 20-win team is not 0

i still suggest Leafs swap JVR for Girardi and give him the C

Babs will utilize him perfectly, he will stabilize the D and the leadership, and make the Leafs better
it is the right move at the right time to move the Leafs forward

i am a longtime NHL fan, and NYR fan, not anxious for NYR to move Girardi, but NYR Cap could use some flexibility

fire away, i must be incredibly wrong because so many loud voices will disagree

Volume has nothing to do why you're wrong bud :laugh:

Maybe JVR for Girardi (retained)+your top defensive prospect+your 1st

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Don't remember anyone ever saying Phaneuf was "worst player in league", or "Phaneuf+3rd for some kid's autographed card", though I don't follow Leafs so much, and SOME of their fans are well... emotional, so someone MIGHT said sth like that. Anyway, consensus was that Phaneuf was a decent player on bad contract, and even if Leafs fans WERE frustrated about his situation, they didn't infected rest of the league with their hate on DP.

Really? You new here? He was not considered to be a decent player...at least until he left here. And believe me, there were plenty of "Dion isn't worth a bag of pucks" in the Phaneuf trade threads. But meh, it happens to many teams/fanbases.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I mean, if someone wants to give us anything of value for one of the ten worst defensemen in the league, I'm all for it.

He plays with McDonagh on the top pairing. Go look at his numbers with and without McDonagh - it's a ****ing disaster. Pair him with Reilly and I guarantee Reilly starts looking like he's playing hockey for the first time.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I mean, if someone wants to give us anything of value for one of the ten worst defensemen in the league, I'm all for it.

He plays with McDonagh on the top pairing. Go look at his numbers with and without McDonagh - it's a ****ing disaster. Pair him with Reilly and I guarantee Reilly starts looking like he's playing hockey for the first time.

I assume this is why i'm seeing posts about McDonagh having an off year? Why are the Rangers playing G on the top pair? Surely there must be better options.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I assume this is why i'm seeing posts about McDonagh having an off year? Why are the Rangers playing G on the top pair? Surely there must be better options.

Our right side is Girardi, Klein, Clendenning, or Skjei plays his off side. Skjei isn't ready for the top pairing and should be on the left anyway, so that leaves the other three. Klein's declined from last year, so there you go.

Mcdonagh's having a much better year than last year, but he's still got to drag Girardi along on every shift. Their with and without you numbers are mindblowing.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
He's exactly what the Leafs need. Vet, experience, can play the top pair and help shut down teams.

Proposal:

Rangers:
Bracco
Conditional 2018 2nd rounder based on the Leafs making the playoffs in the 2017-2018 season
Michalek for cap reasons (Expires after this year)

Leafs:
Girardi 30% retained (~ 4m AAV)

Are you sure your a Leaf fan. No way in the world I would give up Bracco for Girardi. This is just the type of trade the old Leaf brass would make.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
In 2 seasons the buyout for Girardi's cap hit will be the same as th OPs retention. Might as well just wait and buy out then when he's completely unserviceable.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Let's get real.

OP bad for Leafs.
However, there is a scenario that can work

Lupul - Girardi
approx same contract Girardi is longer length

Girardi is NMC, must be protected, Lupul does not.

THAT is the starting point

Girardi for Lupul, Leafs do NY a solid, but not as a favor, for the profit of doing the deal. Rangers have to overpay here.

Of course, there is reasonable overpay everybody agrees with, and then there is getting greedy. likes of Kreider, Miller, Skjei, etc not going anywhere.

Suggest for each extra year of Girardi contract, Rangers kick in their own third pick. This is regardless of whether or not Toronto chooses to buy out Girardi some time late next year or after, to make cap hit of doing so more amenable. NMC means G stays with NHL club, not minors; however, he does not have to be dressed. Thus, Leafs can buy those picks for $.

Above and beyond that, I consider a sweetener in order.
I consider something like Tambellini, who was a 3rd for us, has been brought alone on our dime and should be ready for cup of coffee this year/compete next year, to be such a sweetener.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Let's get real.

OP bad for Leafs.
However, there is a scenario that can work

Lupul - Girardi
approx same contract Girardi is longer length

Girardi is NMC, must be protected, Lupul does not.

THAT is the starting point

Girardi for Lupul, Leafs do NY a solid, but not as a favor, for the profit of doing the deal. Rangers have to overpay here.

Of course, there is reasonable overpay everybody agrees with, and then there is getting greedy. likes of Kreider, Miller, Skjei, etc not going anywhere.

Suggest for each extra year of Girardi contract, Rangers kick in their own third pick. This is regardless of whether or not Toronto chooses to buy out Girardi some time late next year or after, to make cap hit of doing so more amenable. NMC means G stays with NHL club, not minors; however, he does not have to be dressed. Thus, Leafs can buy those picks for $.

Above and beyond that, I consider a sweetener in order.
I consider something like Tambellini, who was a 3rd for us, has been brought alone on our dime and should be ready for cup of coffee this year/compete next year, to be such a sweetener.

In a normal year I wouldn't make that trade but with the expansion draft looming and Girardi having an NMC you would have to include at least Buch in any deal to get me to take him.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You know I am not against bringing him in, as a free agent when he gets bought out because he's getting bought out.

If we could bring in say a Hamilton or Shattenkirk or Fowler and then bring in Girardi to fill in a gap I would actually like the look of our D because you are right he can't be worse than Hunwick or Polak that's impossible.

That said this proposal is ridiculous and needs to be locked

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I'm not convinced he's getting bought out. The Rangers have shown no indication that they think he's declined. He's still playing 20+ minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad