Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Blackshad said:
Did You see him play this year?
yeah and he's one of the best guy along the board and he has speed,hands,shot,size,desire to hit everything on the ice...
he'll make the NHL !! he just need good partners and more luck maybe more ice-time too!

Prucha73

Kryoptix said:
yeah and he's one of the best guy along the board and he has speed,hands,shot,size,desire to hit everything on the ice...
he'll make the NHL !! he just need good partners and more luck maybe more ice-time too!

who? Bourret? Latendresse?

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
I've never seen Bourret.
Then who are you to say Latendresse > Bourret?

Shouldn't you actually know what you're talking about before making such a statement?

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
who? Bourret? Latendresse?
Latendresse ..
on Bourret ... i'll repeat myself but bourret will hit the NHL as a morrow type of player with more speed , he's maybe small but he's strong as a tank on ice , always in your face, use his speed to create chance and force turnover,good shot,good hockey skills, actually i would be REALLY happy if end up with my team !!
btw i dont want to pimp the guy ... but he's clearly one of the best Q player i've seen since Lecavalier!(not including crosby ;) )

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I am surprised as a long time lurker sometimes poster on these boards that Gilbert Brule would even be in discussion to A. Fall out of number 2 spot or be be not as good as who is taht guy Bourett?

and i mean nothing against the kid in the Q, it's true that goal scorin gisn't as crazy in that league as it once was...no doubt about it....and yes Crosby would probably have more points then Brule does if he was in the Dub...because I mean hey....Crosbys going number one.....

But I mean Gilbert Brule is flat out a blue chip prospect superstar in the making...save for some Danny Heatly type problems this guys going straight to the top....he's really can't miss

I just can't believe this discussion has gone so many pages some stubborn people

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
monster_bertuzzi said:
You said you would take Johnson over Brule but you've never seen Gilbert. Or have you?

Looking through this thread again, I don't think anyone has claimed they'd take Johnson or Bourret or Ryan over Brule. The points people are trying to make are:

1) It's completely foolish to label anything as 'uncontested' in mid-November. Anyone who's paid attention to the draft for any length of time knows how completely unpredictable it is.

2) There are guys behind Brule who are very, very good and there is a very strong chance that, come next June, some teams will rate some of those guys ahead of Brule. One major scouting service already has Brule at #3.

3) Brule's size will scare people. He's listed at 5'10 177 by CSB and that's bloody small in today's NHL. There aren't many #1 centers around playing at that size.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Bourret is big? Since when is 5'10'' big?

Well, Bourett is bigger than Tie Domi - and he just turned 18.

Size is not an issue other than the fact he's 40-50 pounds heavier than Brule for sakes of the current comparison. He's a tank.

FYI - Acknowledging Bourett is a great prospect doesn't take anything away from Brule. No one hear is saying Bourett is definitely better, they are simply bringing up the comparison and asking whether he 'could be' some day. It's certainly worthy of a discussion given Bourett's accomplishments.

Prucha73

monster_bertuzzi said:
Bourret is big? Since when is 5'10'' big?

When you are 5'10" but weight more than most 6'3" players, then you won't easily be pushed off the puck. Having such low center of gravity whilebeing able to skate at top speed with such weight, will likely translate his game to the NHL without too much problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
MS said:
Looking through this thread again, I don't think anyone has claimed they'd take Johnson or Bourret or Ryan over Brule. The points people are trying to make are:

1) It's completely foolish to label anything as 'uncontested' in mid-November. Anyone who's paid attention to the draft for any length of time knows how completely unpredictable it is.

2) There are guys behind Brule who are very, very good and there is a very strong chance that, come next June, some teams will rate some of those guys ahead of Brule. One major scouting service already has Brule at #3.

3) Brule's size will scare people. He's listed at 5'10 177 by CSB and that's bloody small in today's NHL. There aren't many #1 centers around playing at that size.

That's all I was trying to say. Brule could very well be picked at #2, but that doesn't mean it's a given. To suggest that indicates, to me at least, that people just aren't aware of how special a talent Jack Johnson (to name one player) is. The fact he's a defenseman could make him all the more attractive to certain teams, especially if that is a need.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
You said you would take Johnson over Brule but you've never seen Gilbert. Or have you?
I never said I'd take Johnson over Brule.

Infact, this is what I said:

Personally, I can't comment on how close they are, as I've never seen Brule play.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
MS said:

One thing I've noticed is that player height/weight stats often don't change after a player enters a league. :teach:

I think 177# might be 16 year old Brule.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Brule ISunderappreciated because of Crosby, no doubt. He has time to put on 15 lbs or so to put him in the 195 weight class. He is having a very successful season despite having underachieving linemates.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Stiffler's Mom said:
Brule ISunderappreciated because of Crosby, no doubt. He has time to put on 15 lbs or so to put him in the 195 weight class. He is having a very successful season despite having underachieving linemates.

The same, of course, can be said for Johnson.

If Brule does get named to the WJC team, it will be a huge boost to his stock. I feel that the Canadian team is significantly more difficult (on paper) to make than the US team. But he may not make it, and Johnson could do great at the tournament. We'll see what happens.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Bourret sure can throw his weight around. The guy just drives through his checks. I thought he was quite effective in both games against Russia.

Stefan_Latulippe

Mar 9, 2004
JasonMacIsaac said:
Bourret sure can throw his weight around. The guy just drives through his checks. I thought he was quite effective in both games against Russia.

Is Bourret eligible to play for Team Canada at the WJC?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Vlad The Impaler said:
The U20?

Anyone who meets the age criteria is, including Bourret.
He won't make it though. Brule has more hype and will make it before Bourret who I think would be more effective on the 3rd/4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad