Gilbert Brule vs Alex Bourret

Status
Not open for further replies.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
He didn;t really handle the puck properly on his shoot-out breakaway too.

Exactly. When I saw he was going, I thought he was going to use his shot... because aside of his strenght, it's the only asset he have. No, he went with an awful deke... just to add to my dissapointement. I was so high on this kid. :shakehead

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Brule Vs Bourret

Brule is the higher rated of the two. I've seen Brule live, Bourret on TV. Brule has the edge. 2nd in WHL scoring for a 17 yr old. Fantastic!!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
regdunlap7 said:
I'd say a cross between a Rod Brind'amour and Claude Lemieux.

Wow. That's some extremely high praise. Who would you compare him to with a bit lower expectations? Wiemer, Scatchard, Laperriere? I'm just trying to get a feel for his style of play, since I probably won't see him before he is drafted.

rt

May 13, 2004
Prucha73 said:
How would you compare them? What are their current height and weight?

Who is better offensively, defensively, faceoffs, checking, etc. Who do you think will have a better career in NHL?

Who will be selected first in the draft?

This is the original post. Could someone who's seen them both play, try to answer these questions, please?

I.am.ca

cagney said:
How about Pavel Brendl? 134 points as a 17 year old. Next highest scorer was Brad Moran at 118.

And where did these 2 end up?

Brendl has been traded a handful of times and Moran...well haven't heard much about him since.

This is the BIGGEST problem with people overrating young prospects like Crosby, Brule, etc...

Just because they put up huge numbers in junior leagues like the CHL does not mean it will transfer over to the NHL.

A.Daigle was a 100+ points guy in the Q and he didn't really amount to much after being drafted, yes his motivation and lack of desire played a big part in that. Hell Barnaby was a 111pt man in the QMJHL.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I.am.ca said:
And where did these 2 end up?

Brendl has been traded a handful of times and Moran...well haven't heard much about him since.

This is the BIGGEST problem with people overrating young prospects like Crosby, Brule, etc...

Just because they put up huge numbers in junior leagues like the CHL does not mean it will transfer over to the NHL.

A.Daigle was a 100+ points guy in the Q and he didn't really amount to much after being drafted, yes his motivation and lack of desire played a big part in that. Hell Barnaby was a 111pt man in the QMJHL.

Those were the mid 90's juniors, now it's a rarity for someone to put up 90 pts in a year.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
Those were the mid 90's juniors, now it's a rarity for someone to put up 90 pts in a year.

I think the point he was trying to make is that you just look at points to judge how good or bad a prospect is. It is more important to look at skills and style of game and try to figure out how well their game and abilities (both mental and physical) will adapt to the pro game.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
rt said:
This is the original post. Could someone who's seen them both play, try to answer these questions, please?

I hope they both get invited to the WJC camp. Certainly more people could see them both there. Not a whole lot of people would see them both play on a regular basis.

rt

May 13, 2004
Crosbyfan said:
I hope they both get invited to the WJC camp. Certainly more people could see them both there. Not a whole lot of people would see them both play on a regular basis.

Right, being that they play hockey on opposite ends of the country. God, I'm dumb. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad