Getzlaf dive of the year. (Gif and YT in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
i know many people like Getzlaf and want to give him the benifit of the doubt

but come on

he was interfered with and decided to do a BellyFlop

no way he even goes down on a play like that if he didnt flop

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Diving should be a 3min penalty.
To cut down on that ****.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Never knew he was such a crybaby. He kept chirping at the refs and mock-clapped at the end after kessels goal.

This was "offside".
B5B_XSHCYAQkzEl.jpg

Kazari then got mad and gave the Ducks a penalty for daring to question his stellar calls. Of course he clapped when Kessel scored, the refs helped out as much as they could.

DoubleDouble*

This was "offside".
B5B_XSHCYAQkzEl.jpg

Kazari then got mad and gave the Ducks a penalty for daring to question his stellar calls. Of course he clapped when Kessel scored, the refs helped out as much as they could.

Actually, the penalty was for berating the official, or as some call it, "whining".

Refs were not great but that goes both ways, Ducks got 2 undeserved power plays in the 1st and simply couldn't finish.

Blame the refs all you want, but at the end of the day, you should be frustrated at the lack of finish. Ducks definitely could have used Perry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
No doubt this was a dive, as for him complaining after the leafs pp goal, he was absolutely right blown call that resulted in a bench minor for arguing that led to a stupid play by kesler not getting it in deep(which is understandable being down) to a goal that should've been saved but there was horrid ducks goaltending tnt

/gameover

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Didn't really look like a dive from that gif. Besides Wingels still has dive of the year.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Actually, the penalty was for berating the official, or as some call it, "whining".

Refs were not great but that goes both ways, Ducks got 2 undeserved power plays in the 1st and simply couldn't finish.

Blame the refs all you want, but at the end of the day, you should be frustrated at the lack of finish. Ducks definitely could have used Perry.

Quote where I ever said we lost the game because of the refs? I was explaining the Getzlaf "whining" that Toronto fans want to throw out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Watch the way his skate turns as he is off balance. I don't think it was an intentional dive but it looks bad.:laugh:

bobbyt911

this is bad but sometimes there is a sweet spot in there where a little slash can really hurt.

This was "offside".
B5B_XSHCYAQkzEl.jpg

there was way more to that off side then just that STILL. he went lateral with the puck on the line then when he crossed the line the other Duck player was over the line
go look at the whole play

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
that was a dive it wasn't even embelishment. why wouldn't he put his left skate back on the ice instead of diving forward? doesn't make any sense...

illpucks

May 26, 2011
that was a dive it wasn't even embelishment. why wouldn't he put his left skate back on the ice instead of diving forward? doesn't make any sense...

*wasn't a dive

Isn't that what you meant?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
OMG, Terrible. Got the penalty, waiting on gif.

RectangularIdleArabianhorse.gif

Not a dive, just a very awkward losing the balance by Getzlaf. Hilariously stupid for a NHL player, but I don't think he was trying to get a penalty here.

P.S. I don't like Getzlaf or the Ducks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad