Getzlaf dive of the year. (Gif and YT in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Yeah, just him awkwardly falling. Similar to Kesler, when he cut Calvert (I think? Maybe it was Atkinson) with his skate.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
If you're trying to maintain or regain your balance, typically you don't shoot your right leg out from under you and launch yourself forward.

It was a dive.

I wonder if it'll take the league as long to respond to the diving epidemic as it did clutching and grabbing.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Embarrassing flop.

It wasn't a dive. Look at how his left arm....he uses it to try to maintain balance. Because of the contact, his left side slowed down, his right skate was ahead of his body. If he didn't correct his fall enough he could have seriously injured his right leg.

kovatroll*

Getzlaf has always been a diver, just like Perry's always pulled the cheap antics he does. He's too talented of a player to being doing this, hopefully Brucie B gives him a good yelling.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Yah it looks bad and it may have been a dive, but it also could have been a bad loss of balance.

If you've played hockey you know how easy it is to look like a complete dumbass when you lose your balance :laugh:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He's on skates, it's not like he can just plant his foot.

If you're leaning forward on one foot while on skates, guess where that foot decides to go?

I realize he's on skates.

Getzlaf is a lot better skater than I am, and even losing my balance I would've gone down more gracefully than that and gotten up quicker had I wanted to.

He was falling down and decided to launch himself. It's pretty obvious. Though I'm enjoying the extents to which people will go to explain away a pretty clear dive.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fighting has nothing to do with it. That dive was absolutely shameful.

I love Getzlaf (when he isn't playing my team), great Canadian kid but this is embarassing. C'mon Ryan

I don't mean fighting with fists man. Like you can drape him with four defenders and he'll usually try to bull his way through than flop to the ice. He's usually vocally anti diving. This isn't his MO

dutch00

Jan 25, 2012
:laugh: the Eugene Melnyk forensic analysis of how this isnt a dive. When you're leaning a bit forward and off balance, you don't lean forward more to regain your balance.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Almost looks like the trailing leaf who is cutting to the middle inadvertently clips getzlaf's left leg while it's in the air. Would explain the toe pick with the right foot.

I don't ever see Getzlaf fall down even when checked so I'm not inclined to believe he'd randomly dive.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
I went to a hockey game and a soccer match broke out!
OMG, Terrible. Got the penalty, waiting on gif.

RectangularIdleArabianhorse.gif

That's hilarious, but... (Neal's dive)

this is even more hilarious. I see that Mike Ribeiro has been giving Neal lessons :lol:

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Getzlaf has always been a diver, just like Perry's always pulled the cheap antics he does. He's too talented of a player to being doing this, hopefully Brucie B gives him a good yelling.

I would like to see all this diving, cause that wasn't a dive tonight. You keep trying to make these grand statements like you actually watch the Ducks on a regular basis.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I don't see how that's a dive. An awkward play, yes, but there was no call to sell. Looks like he was hit with a shoulder to the chest? Bad thread.

DoubleDouble*

How can you not call that a dive? He kicks his legs over his head ffs.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
He doesn't dive. He just tried to stay on his feet and couldn't. Instead of just going down to a knee he did the figure skating junk he did there. The jump at the end was only to try to not hit his knees on the ground? idk.

He doesn't dive though. Just a lame looking play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad