German football 2020/21

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
dortmund were bizarrly leggy for such an early season game and dominating possession. CMs were non existent in the 2nd half against augsburg.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Same procedure in Dortmund! By the way this club has no hand for coaches, They chased Tuchel from the yard and since they ve a coach who s too waek for the top.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Dortmund must've been saving their A-game for the DFL-Supercup next week since they were all out of sorts against Augsburg today despite dominating possession.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dortmund can't be losing to Augsburg like that if they want to challenge Bayern.
Same procedure in Dortmund! By the way this club has no hand for coaches, They chased Tuchel from the yard and since they ve a coach who s too waek for the top.
I mean, Tuchel hasn't exactly been out of this world at PSG either.

Reactions: les Habs

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Dortmund can't be losing to Augsburg like that if they want to challenge Bayern.

I mean, Tuchel hasn't exactly been out of this world at PSG either.
What do you mean? PSG reached at first time in history a CL-Final under Tuchel. Tuchel is a great and talented coach. He was very good in Mainz(A little club) in Dortmund and now in Paris(Difficult club).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What do you mean? PSG reached at first time in history a CL-Final under Tuchel. Tuchel is a great and talented coach. He was very good in Mainz(A little club) in Dortmund and now in Paris(Difficult club).
Have you seen the players on that PSG squad and their path to the final? There's been plenty of criticism leveled toward him before, and it's not like there hasn't been European failure in previous seasons under him (by PSG and Dortmund). This year was kind of the perfect year for them to go to the final, but I wouldn't put that down to Tuchel.

Last edited:

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Have you seen the players on that PSG squad and their path to the final? There's been plenty of criticism leveled toward him before, and it's not like there hasn't been European failure in previous seasons under him (by PSG and Dortmund). This year was kind of the perfect year for them to go to the final, but I wouldn't put that down to Tuchel.
No coach has reached with PSG the final before. Max in QF was the end! The way isn t important. I think is wasn t bad. But again this club is very very difficult. In Dortmund he was the best coach behind Klopp in this decade.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brandt doesn't deserve to start right now. The loss has nothing to do with the ages of players.

Favre is a bad coach. It's that simple. He should've never been retained.

Dortmund has 80% of the possession, yet gets less scoring chances than Augsburg. Having three CB's pass the ball around the back makes no sense. There was no reason to switch back to 3 at the back. He had it right during preseason. And especially in a game like this where Augsburg clogs the middle, makes Dortmund play it outside, having 8 of your 10 field players centrally makes it harder to create any chances.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Agreed. Tuchel did well at Dortmund. Watzke's selfishness got in the way of him staying, and we've had bad coaches since. We got unlucky with when Nagelsmann decided to leave Hoffenheim. I would've sacked Favre to hire Nagelsmann two seasons ago after Favre collapsed the team at the end of the season, but so many fawned over Favre because he was able to lose a 12 point lead. Leipzig was changing coaches at exactly the right time for being able to sign him.

After last season, there weren't very many alternatives because leagues were still ongoing, the finances made it difficult to be paying a few coaches at once, and there weren't very many good coaches available, so they decided to stick with Favre because they didn't see a clear upgrade.

I'm hoping that Rose will be signed to manage the team for next season. I don't think Dortmund can be operating at a deficit to Bayern in the managerial department.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Not exactly unexpected, but Schalke are in for a long season with terrible games like this. There's just no life or fire in the team right now.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
No clue how their manager isn't sacked yet.

All reports indicate he will be in the upcoming days. The game against Werder was something of a must win to keep his job

On ESPN FC tonight Jan Fjortoft says he believes Mainz will sack their manager this week too

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

And yet hardly anyone at his earlier clubs misses him one bit, very poor interpersonal skills and a difficult character to work with. Football tactics aren't everything in management.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I frankly don't rate his football tactics either.
He's better than Umery, but that's about it.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Since Schalke has no money to spend I wouldn't be surprised if they ask Huub or Neururer to take over.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
And yet hardly anyone at his earlier clubs misses him one bit, very poor interpersonal skills and a difficult character to work with. Football tactics aren't everything in management.
"Very poor interpersonal skills"! This is a myth. I don t think so. He s very demanding to the players. This is right. Mourinho oder Guardiola are the same typs.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Wow! Hoffenheim vs Bayern 4:1. I rub my eyes. This good for Bundesliga.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad