German football 2020/21

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know no one here said it, but seeing so many people say Bayern won the league yesterday when Dortmund lost a game to only have to watch Bayern lose today is kind of funny.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I'd say that Bayern's lack of depth signings is gonna come bite them in the butt. Liverpool were getting criticized for their lack of proper spending but what have Bayern done of note? Just bought Sane? They don't even have a proper backup striker to Lewandowski. Alaba starting as a CB is an embarrassment which they got away with last year because the rest of the team covered.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
"Very poor interpersonal skills"! This is a myth. I don t think so. He s very demanding to the players. This is right. Mourinho oder Guardiola are the same typs.

Mourinho and even Guardiola have been relatively popular among the players, Tuchel has ended up burning the bridges wherever he went. In Mainz he was called the Dictator and that wasn't meant with any affection. In Dortmund much of the room ended up hating him as well.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Hey, losses by the top clubs make it much more interesting. It all should be restored to normal in a month or two, but... for now, it's good to see some other clubs win matches against the top sides.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Kramaric has 9 goals in his last 3 games in the Bundesliga and 2nd most goals ever in the first two games of the season, only Gerd Mueller scored more than 5 in two opening games. Fantastic game by him against Bayern.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Also more goals in those games than the whole last season before it, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Beierlorzer was neither the problem nor the solution, in Mainz the whole club is in a dismal state now and quite frankly can't have its future at the highest level the way things are going.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
2nd league side Würzburg is also firing their coach. They just got promoted, lost the first two games and now their coach can go? Mad world.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Supercup is tomorrow. I couldn't care less.

It'll only make the game on the weekend more difficult. Put out the back ups, and give the game to Bayern. They'd probably win it anyway at this point.

Dortmund should have a general advantage either in this game or the fixtures on the weekend with having a bigger squad and being able to rotate easier, but Favre has to use it. I'm not sure he will.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
2020, the year of "the September coach massacre".

I think to some extent every club is really viewing post-lockdown 19/20 + 20/21 so far as pretty much the same season. So when clubs are sacking managers it's really on the back of what's happened since May rather than just the first few matches. The break between seasons was shortened and a lot of clubs didn't make a ton of personnel changes due to the financial issues caused by the crisis.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kimmich has scored the winning goal the last two games the two teams have met.

I wasn't upset with that game. You'd prefer to win all games, but its a glorified friendly. We've beaten them in this game before, and it means nothing. We rested over half the squad. Hopefully it helps at the weekend for the Bundesliga fixture.

And I thought we played pretty well. We missed like 2-3 chances that could've put us up in the second half. But our defense was exposed on the winning goal. Akanji had such a brutal game. I'm tired of watching him play. Dortmund is really weak at CB right now. We need Zagadou to return from injury soon.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is Musiala a mega talent? Considering he’s getting pretty decent game time as a teenager for the European champs.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Is Musiala a mega talent? Considering he’s getting pretty decent game time as a teenager for the European champs.
He is good enough to play for a CL winner. On the other hand Bayen's roster is thin. Very thin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad