German football 2020/21

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Have Bayern not bothered to sign anyone notable other than Sane? This is not gonna go well what happens when Boateng gets injured and another CB? Or if two of Tolisso/Goretzka/Kimmich get hurt?

I'm sure they'll win the Bundesliga anyways but bit tougher with the CL.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Have Bayern not bothered to sign anyone notable other than Sane? This is not gonna go well what happens when Boateng gets injured and another CB? Or if two of Tolisso/Goretzka/Kimmich get hurt?

I'm sure they'll win the Bundesliga anyways but bit tougher with the CL.
they are about to buy lb dest from ajax.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Goretzka very cool finish. This one looks like it could get out hand.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Do you think Sane as of now is an actual upgrade to Davies? I'm not so sure myself but obviously Sane can play on the right wing as well so I think it's more about versatility/depth.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think at this point Schalke is a favorite for relegation. They have one league win this calendar year.

They aren’t a big club anymore.

Reactions: gary69

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Do you think Hamburg is a big club? I don’t.

They absolutely are a big club and could (and likely will) eventually be back as a top 4-5 team. Dortmund was a pretty mediocre to bad team for much of the time between the late 60s and early 90s, and yet their fan support never fully dropped and that's what kept the potential of the club alive. Did losing 12-0 to Gladbach in 1978 mean the end of Dortmund as a big club? Nope.

In my mind the size of the club depends on the number of people who carry the club in their heart because that's the number of people who will stick with the club and can make it great again once proper management is in place. With Schalke and Dortmund that has always been and will always be a top 5 figure for Germany. (In fact Id say it's pretty indisputable it's Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke in that order). And Schalke would need to be really really bad (as in like 3.Liga) for years for that to change.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Do you think Sane as of now is an actual upgrade to Davies? I'm not so sure myself but obviously Sane can play on the right wing as well so I think it's more about versatility/depth.
Kind of a weird question since they're not competing for the same position as Bayern use Davies as a LWB. They're going to be a nightmare to play against when they're both on together. Adding Sane made arguably the best attacking team even better offensively. If they keep playing like this I could see them repeating the CL.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Beatdown aside, I think Dortmund will at the worst finish six points behind them. A full season of Haaland will be huge.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
DE6AB0E9-CBF0-4489-834A-7EFA15DDF4C4.jpeg

Reactions: Power Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad