German football 2020/21

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
In no real shock (there were reports when he signed), Silas Wamangituka is a year older and that’s not his name. His name is actually Silas Katompa Mvumpa. Crazy story, and it seems the club is behind reporting it. Player and club blame a former agent. He’s a gifted player, but man, a year does make some difference. If he was a year younger, I’d say he wasn’t long for Stuttgart. As it stands with all this crazy stuff, I still think talent will win out, but it’s weird

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
a year does make some difference. If he was a year younger, I’d say he wasn’t long for Stuttgart
I don't think the year difference is going to be an issue for him in terms of being moved. It would be different if he was a teenager or late 20s/early 30s, but as a 22 y/o, I don't think things will change too much.

On a different note here is a great article on Silas:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
A year won’t matter too much (ACL matters probably more), but it will lower the value a touch. Not a lot, but a bit.

He was really good for Stuttgart. I wouldn’t expect him to move until next year anyhow.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
His previous transfers will not have been legit, the former clubs will have to be compensated at the very least. Peanuts at this level, but still.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

It's a curious story because it sounds like Guilavogui is tight with Schmadtke, the sporting director, who Glasner didn't get along with either. So the team captain and sporting director can't stand the coach, but it seems like the rest of the team were OK with the coach (or else they wouldn't have made the CL).

I'm sure there's more to it than what is said in interviews.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Also I am not sure I believe VfB's story about Silas and how all that went down. I don't trust anyone in their management given the data scandal and the internal intrigues following that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad