German football 2020/21

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
More so a club in disarray, almost rivaling Schalke at this point. Sad to see because solid club culture was previously one of their strengths and without it they're nothing.

Really? That seems a bit harsh. They haven't squandered a large fan base and a good financial position for nearly as long.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Well, they did borrow quite a significant fan base from Lautern, but that's just being thrown away at the moment.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
At this point it might just as well be Adler Mannheim or something, in football the whole regional situation is pretty sad.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Werder Bremen with 6 points now. Yes it s not all good, but ist s a nice view on Table.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
haaland is might be the best player in the bundesliga, but gio reyna is 2nd best.
Reyna has been really impressive since his introduction last season. Haaland is obviously a beast. Maybe I missed it but is Sancho injured?

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Dortmund have to go all-in this season because i expect someone to trigger Haaland's clause if he continues to dominate. Sadly not expecting much because Favre is too much of a coward to win championships.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund have to go all-in this season because i expect someone to trigger Haaland's clause if he continues to dominate. Sadly not expecting much because Favre is too much of a coward to win championships.

We have to switch back to a back four, otherwise I see the season going south. We hardly even have two good center backs. We certainly don’t have three. And it’s going to be such a waste to have Hazard, Reus, Brandt and Reinier all on the bench. The back five is why we lost last week.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Schalke are on pace for 170 goals against :sarcasm:

I think there’s a good chance for relegation. Last season it seemed unlikely, but this season its hard to take the brand away and not view them strictly on football grounds as one of the 2-3 worst teams in the league.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Schalke were not relegated last year because they started the season well. If they had played the whole year like they did post COVID-19 break they would have never survived. What i am saying is that i do not see them surviving this season.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just go back and look at Haaland's goal in the last match against Bayern and his first goal today (nevermind his second or his assist). It's like I have been saying, this kid is a beast and has a lot going for him. Forget his physical prowess and just look at his runs and his finishing. Again, I think he could score 400 goals at club level and will probably score more than 500 if he stays healthy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We have to switch back to a back four, otherwise I see the season going south. We hardly even have two good center backs. We certainly don’t have three. And it’s going to be such a waste to have Hazard, Reus, Brandt and Reinier all on the bench. The back five is why we lost last week.
Problem is that you have Meunier at RB. He's shielded with 3 at the back.
I know many BVB fans are already mad at him for sucking.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I've decided to dip my toe a little bit and follow the league a little closer this season. ESPN had a silly 8 question quiz to help you "pick" a team to follow and I got Leipzig. I think I should be offended, but I guess.....go Red Bull!?

Top of the table. I know when good bandwagon when I see it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Problem is that you have Meunier at RB. He's shielded with 3 at the back.
I know many BVB fans are already mad at him for sucking.

I haven’t been impressed with him so far. Neither wingback is great defensively. There are problems with the wingbacks/fullbacks and the centerbacks, which is why we are now linked with Todibo. Diallo never should’ve been sold and Balerdi was a bust. Mateu Morey might take Meunier’s spot if he can stay fit.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You knew Bayern would find a late winner.

Richards is looking good. He had an assist on Lewandowski’s second goal. I hope Bayern give him more minutes instead of signing another RB. He’s not a RB either, but I’d rather he play RB than not play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad