German football 2020/21

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Schalke has sacked everyone - as in pretty much the entire executive leadership of football operations from board level down to coaches. It's reported that their new signings from January revolted and complained to the board about the way things were. From what the board says now it sounds like the idea is basically 'we're going down anyway so we may as well start the restructuring for the rebuild now'.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
LOL bayer losing week in and out yet have a great talent stapled to the bench. Bunch of idiots. Hope they get relegated.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Too easy catwalk goals for Freiburg. Leverkusen approaches more and more Schalke(same shape).

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Will be interesting to see if Kehl's appointment as Zorc's successor in Dortmund pushes Mislintat to leave again... hopefully not

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Will be interesting to see if Kehl's appointment as Zorc's successor in Dortmund pushes Mislintat to leave again... hopefully not

Mislintat's too unstable of a presence for my liking. Replacing Zorc is never going to be easy, but I'd rather have his assistant taking on the role than an elite scout whose already left the club before for disagreement with the manager and whose moved from club to club since.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL bayer losing week in and out yet have a great talent stapled to the bench. Bunch of idiots. Hope they get relegated.

They are too good to get relegated anytime soon. I'd guess they finish fifth again though, which is such an underachievement. This is where the Neverkusen name comes from. No reason Wolfsburg should be looking likely to make the Champions League with that squad and Leverkusen probably won't make it.

On the other hand, Hertha Berlin might join Schalke in the second division. I'm not sure they are worse than Bielefeld and Mainz, but if they aren't better than both, they are likely at least having to play the relegation playoff.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Five points out of six games during the second half of the season so far and currently 15th in the table for the second half of the season.

Though, it's only a couple more losses(Dortmund, Leverkusen, proably Augsburg too, and Citeh) and then we can concentrate to somehow collect those 40+ points and maybe finish in the top half of the table for the 1oth straight season.

Our new manager will have a lot of time(no european football) and work ahead of him to implement all those new players and the system during the 2021-22 season....

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Couple of new managers

- Schalke already on their 5th manager after some senior players had problems with Gross have hired Dimitrios Grammozis, he has contract until 2022 (not that it means much) and will still continue should they relegate, which is likely. Not much of a track record, managed 47 games with Darmstadt until this past summer
- Bielefeld who surprisingly sacked Neuhaus, though reports indicate he had some problems with the sporting director, hired Frank Kramer. Kramer has mostly been a youth coach, recently with the Red Bull Salzburg academy and the German youth sides (U18/19/20), he does have some BL experience as an interim with Hoffenheim and managing Furth in their lone BL season where they were relegated

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Couple of new managers

- Schalke already on their 5th manager after some senior players had problems with Gross have hired Dimitrios Grammozis, he has contract until 2022 (not that it means much) and will still continue should they relegate, which is likely. Not much of a track record, managed 47 games with Darmstadt until this past summer
- Bielefeld who surprisingly sacked Neuhaus, though reports indicate he had some problems with the sporting director, hired Frank Kramer. Kramer has mostly been a youth coach, recently with the Red Bull Salzburg academy and the German youth sides (U18/19/20), he does have some BL experience as an interim with Hoffenheim and managing Furth in their lone BL season where they were relegated

Five managers in one season is a Bundesliga record.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Schalke 5 Coaches in this season?
I'm not sure if that was really the last coach this season?:DD:laugh:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Boy did Hertha need that win. Gladbach with another L. I know Gladbach is trying to act like it doesn't matter that Rose will manage a direct rival next year, but surely they've got to realize that this situation is unsustainable.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Meunier is great. Not that I didn't warn you guys...

Also remember when the BVB expert said Haaland and Sancho were equal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad