German football 2020/21

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Right as I was starting to think that BVB had earned the opener, Cunha with an amazing goal out of nothing.

EDIT:
Leipzig does a very good job in the transfer market on the whole, but letting Cunha go when they were losing Timo; has looked like a significant mistake every time I've watched Hertha. He's easily their best player each time out and looks like he'd be a lot more useful for Leipzig than Hwang...

Wonder if Nagelsmann just didn't connect with him, if Cunha's difficult to motivate/coach, or if it was just about Cunha wanting to go someplace where he would be a sure starter as he took the next step in his development.

EDIT2:
If it's the former that begs the question of whether they just didn't fit with one another or if Cunha is difficult to manage; if it's the latter then that's no concern at all. Assuming he's not lazy or too arrogant to take coaching, I'd love to see Eberl steal him whenever he's ready for a bigger challenge...and someone pays Eberl a bunch of money for one of Thuram / Wolf / Embolo.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
BVB deserved to be down after the first 10-15 minutes, but on the whole, I don't feel like BVB deserve to be down going into the break.

Replacing Reus with more of a creator would help, and of course, there's the question of when we see Moukoko's first senior-level touches.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Meunier is a problem at RWB, I wonder if Brandt or Dahoud couldn't fill that spot. They're not quite as fast/dynamic of runners as you'd like in a wing back, but tick a lot of other boxes for when BVB can't hit teams on the break.

He’s been good in an back 4. If Favre is going to play 5, he should play Morey in that spot instead. No reason to tinker too much with midfielders there.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Jesus christ Hertha. You had been so sharp & disciplined in the first half, but then you couldn't help but open the 2nd half & do Hertha things. Spurs wish they were as spursy as BSC.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He’s been good in an back 4. If Favre is going to play 5, he should play Morey in that spot instead. No reason to tinker too much with midfielders there.

Ah, didn't know y'all had another option*. I don't watch y'all nearly as often since Union joined BMG in the 1st division & Nagelsmann went to Leipzig...plus just not watching as much football as I used to.

*and over the international break I had been wondering about how Brandt would look at RWB when the NT plays a back 3.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ah, didn't know y'all had another option*. I don't watch y'all nearly as often since Union joined BMG in the 1st division & Nagelsmann went to Leipzig...plus just not watching as much football as I used to.

*and over the international break I had been wondering about how Brandt would look at RWB when the NT plays a back 3.

I like Brandt in this current formation. He’s really good in a central position with room to roam. Brandt and Reyna are probably best fit for this current formation underneath Haaland playing centrally. Sancho unfortunately doesn’t fit this formation, neither does Hazard. The problem when we go to four at the back is that he uses Reyna or Brandt out wide, which doesn’t work as well. But it’s a better overall attacking formation for the team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like Brandt in this current formation. He’s really good in a central position with room to roam. Brandt and Reyna are probably best fit for this current formation underneath Haaland playing centrally. Sancho unfortunately doesn’t fit this formation, neither does Hazard. The problem when we go to four at the back is that he uses Reyna or Brandt out wide, which doesn’t work as well. But it’s a better overall attacking formation for the team.

Yeah I like the way Favre has used Brandt a lot more than how Jogi does, was just something I started thinking about given my doubts about Baku progressing enough to fill that spot before the Euros & Brandt being pushed to a joker off the bench, for the NT, too often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad