German football 2020/21

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Haaland is just too much sometimes.

Wonder if the bench is too deep today for Moukoko to get even a token appearance.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Did anyone notice Schalke lost again? I mean, I like making fun of clubs like HSV, Schalke or Hangover, but this is frightening.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Can't help but feel like we deserved better, but we cleared switched off for the goal against and haven't crafted quite enough yet to have reclaimed the lead.

Hopefully Kruse can get more of a foot on this match in the 2nd half.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
His contract consisted almost exclusively of bonuses so understandable that he wanted to bail out.
Yeah, I know. Benatleb with his fifth suspension since he is with Schalke (2016). Seems to be a good person and pro.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How is Alphonso progressing?

Injured, should be back in late December or in January. Lucas Hernandez is also injured, so he might go right back into the lineup. He was having a weaker season than the success he had last season. It's not too unusual. He's still only 20 years old, and learning a new position. He certainly has the talent to be one of the best left backs in the world, so he should only continue to get better once he returns.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Leipzig has a goals problem. And it's not just losing Werner, which everyone talks about. They certainly don't have the same type of dynamic attackers that Bayern and Dortmund have, but they don't even have the star attackers like Wirtz, Diaby, Thuram that Gladbach and Leverkusen have who can create or score goals from nothing. I don't see them challenging for the league title this season due to their pretty anemic attack, and if they are playing a lot of midweek games in February, March, April with the Cup and UCL/Europa League, they might struggle to beat out Gladbach and Leverkusen for a Champions League spot.

I think the Bundesliga is very interesting this year, maybe more so than most years. There's five UCL level teams battling for four places, a former giant has a good chance of being relegated, and then there probably will be a tough title race.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Injured, should be back in late December or in January. Lucas Hernandez is also injured, so he might go right back into the lineup. He was having a weaker season than the success he had last season. It's not too unusual. He's still only 20 years old, and learning a new position. He certainly has the talent to be one of the best left backs in the world, so he should only continue to get better once he returns.

thank you, yeah I am a fan of his lots of Canada has slept on him. Hoping they wait him out until january to allow him a great recovery.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Finally made it through the rest of the slate of games to get to BVB/Hertha (not a fan of any team in particular, though am inexplicably latching to Hertha recently). What the hell was that second half after a very decent first half?! Haaland is just an incredible talent and crusher of hopes. Why am I afraid he winds up in Manchester (or the like) in the not-so-distant future?

Other than that, yay Mainz!

Only started watching regularly Bundesliga this season, but probably my favorite league to watch now. Great stuff!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Finally made it through the rest of the slate of games to get to BVB/Hertha (not a fan of any team in particular, though am inexplicably latching to Hertha recently). What the hell was that second half after a very decent first half?! Haaland is just an incredible talent and crusher of hopes. Why am I afraid he winds up in Manchester (or the like) in the not-so-distant future?

Other than that, yay Mainz!

Only started watching regularly Bundesliga this season, but probably my favorite league to watch now. Great stuff!

That was peak-Hertha.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm quickly coming to see that. :laugh:

It also doesn't help that they play in this massive olympic stadium on the outskirts of the city, but Hertha's biggest problem is that they are spursy-er than Tottenham...even when they have Cunha doing his best Marcelinho-impression.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad