German football 2020/21

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
So, Germany lost to Horst MF Lichter yesterday. LOL. Didn't watch the crap either (but didn't watch Horst, too)
TV-Quoten: Fußball-Nationalelf verliert gegen „Bares für Rares“ - WELT

Zahlenzentrale - DWDL.de

For the not German speaking: Our football NT had (partly) less viewers than a tv show like (perhaps comparable) American Pickers on history channel.

If they had shown the game on ARD or ZDF the ratings for the game would have been better.

There's a certain % of viewers aged 70+ who by instinct will watch just about anything if it's on those channels, perhaps because they know they're set to 1 and 2 on their TVs, and they don't know how to find any other channels.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Norwegian National Team was exposed to COVID. Haaland might not be available next weekend. If so, don’t waste any time. Moukoko needs to go immediately into the starting lineup. We have no other good backup striker.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
All of this is chaotic. Different rules for different countries. He can play based on German regulations, but will be fined based on Norwegian regulations.

How would Norwegian law apply at all for an action Haaland takes in Germany? If it's legal in Germany to play the game, it's legal for him too. Now it might not be legal for him to leave Norway or something, but that's another thing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
How would Norwegian law apply at all for an action Haaland takes in Germany? If it's legal in Germany to play the game, it's legal for him too. Now it might not be legal for him to leave Norway or something, but that's another thing.

The latter part is the issue. He can legally play games in Germany because that determination is governed by German law, but he’ll be subject to a fine under Norwegian law for leaving the country.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Loew's losers with the highest loss since 1931. Highest loss in a not-friendly EVER!

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Good, this way there's at least some hope of eventually getting rid of both him and Bierhoff. They've had plenty of just as terrible performances in recent years, but when the score is not dramatic in the end there are no consequences.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Good, this way there's at least some hope of eventually getting rid of both him and Bierhoff. They've had plenty of just as terrible performances in recent years, but when the score is not dramatic in the end there are no consequences.
I didn't watch the game, I said I stop watching until both idiots get sacked.
Actually it was worse than Brazil 2014.

Reactions: Lambo

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Löw and Bierhoff aren t terminable!
I am jealous of this. Why can't I mess up all the time and keep my job?

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
To the thousands of BvB fans here:

Happy birthday, Youssoufa !

He's eligible to play now. Do some damage, kid.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
To the thousands of BvB fans here:

Happy birthday, Youssoufa !

He's eligible to play now. Do some damage, kid.
Pretty crazy how he and Luka are 2 days apart. Hopefully they will turn out better than the last 2 kids I remember playing against men. Odegaard/halilovich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not only BVB, but also Germany. If he has the type of success in senior football as he had in youth football, it won't be long until he's playing for Germany's senior team.

I can't remember a more hyped youth footballer than this kid. Let's see how it goes. He made the traveling squad for tomorrow's game against Berlin. Immediately took Reinier's spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad