German football 2019/2020

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Hey if you guys want to be fooled then thats really only your problem. I dont care all that much, I also dont have a grand conspiracy theory here, Im just saying what loads of people around German football think. But hey what do I know, Freddy Adu was the next Pele, right?

Anyway the Neururer story is pretty hilarious.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
This entire part of the thread started with moukoko. And I couldn't care less if he is 14 or older. He will face real competition soon enough. And then we will see if he can fool Bundesliga defenders like those u19 boys, I hope he is the real deal.
Jatta is a complete different case. If he cheated with his age asylum/immigration authorites should take care of him. Nürnberg claims to have evidence. Let's see what happens.
Erneut Wirbel um HSV-Profi Jatta - Bericht: 1. FC Nürnberg benennt Kronzeugen aus dem Senegal

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hey if you guys want to be fooled then thats really only your problem. I dont care all that much, I also dont have a grand conspiracy theory here, Im just saying what loads of people around German football think. But hey what do I know, Freddy Adu was the next Pele, right?

Anyway the Neururer story is pretty hilarious.
So if Moukoko turns out to be the age he is saying does that make you the fool, and wanting to be fooled into believing something that isn't true?

Reactions: bluesfan94

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I know next to nothing about this player only from what I've read the last couple of pages but how does he benefit from lying about his age? He's not a mid 20 yr old lying to play in the u20s. We're assuming he's lying about being 14 that is playing in the u19s. How is that benefiting him in anyway?

His father is 68 and according to him the mother is now 30 years old, so Moukoko being 14 means that his mother was 16 when she got the baby. If Moukoko is several years older than that, well, you understand why it may be relevant for reasons not connected to football.

This obviously does not mean that there would be any truth to the allegations, but there are possible motives.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
His father is 68 and according to him the mother is now 30 years old, so Moukoko being 14 means that his mother was 16 when she got the baby. If Moukoko is several years older than that, well, you understand why it may be relevant for reasons not connected to football.

This obviously does not mean that there would be any truth to the allegations, but there are possible motives.

This still doesn't make sense as to why he would claim he was younger, so thanks for providing nothing i guess.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If he is older conversely his mother would have been below the age of consent which could have had legal consequences for his father. But again, there is also no reason why everything could not be just as it was presented.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If he is older conversely his mother would have been below the age of consent which could have had legal consequences for his father. But again, there is also no reason why everything could not be just as it was presented.
That aint it chief.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
So if Moukoko turns out to be the age he is saying does that make you the fool, and wanting to be fooled into believing something that isn't true?

Its doubtful his true age will ever be determined as that would likely require a time machine. At the end of the day this isnt a hugely important matter for me as I am not involved in a business that’s throwing money at this chap, but if I was Id be inclined to follow the eye test and common sense rather than dubious documentation.

And just for the record - If you cant see how making yourself younger can be beneficial you should probably not discuss this subject. (Hint: Look at your CV, take all accomplishments on it and then envision them on the CV of someone 10 years younger. And think about how that affects perceived value.)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Its doubtful his true age will ever be determined as that would likely require a time machine. At the end of the day this isnt a hugely important matter for me as I am not involved in a business that’s throwing money at this chap, but if I was Id be inclined to follow the eye test and common sense rather than dubious documentation.

And just for the record - If you cant see how making yourself younger can be beneficial you should probably not discuss this subject.

Or you know you can enlighten us, after isnt that why we're all here?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Because there is nothing dubious about using an 'eye test' or 'common sense', for sure.

Reactions: Cassano

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Because there is nothing dubious about using an 'eye test' or 'common sense', for sure.

The eye test only ever fails if you are color blind...

If only they were good native-born germans, then Moukoko would only need to pretend to be 16...

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Or you know you can enlighten us, after isnt that why we're all here?

Evaluations are about future potential. Moukoko doesnt have a sizable Nike deal because hes a great youth player. Youth football itself isnt worth jack, youth players are only highly desirable because of what we project about their future performance at the senior level. How we look at youth players then strongly depends on their performance relative to their competition. An 18 year old blowing through U19 is a great prospect, a 14 year old doing the same is at an entirely different level. The same way the 1st and 2nd year of junior are treated very differently by scouts for NHL draft evaluations. You are expected to do more at 17 than at 16 and so forth.
The degree to which you exceed expectations will have a major impact on your evaluation.

How much money did Freddy Adu make before ever playing a game in senior football? He made that money because of his “wunderkind” status and if it hadnt been for that he would just be one of many prospects who never lived up to their promise. It can be immensely profitable to be the “next big thing” before the chips have to be put on the table.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Evaluations are about future potential. Moukoko doesnt have a sizable Nike deal because hes a great youth player. Youth football itself isnt worth jack, youth players are only highly desirable because of what we project about their future performance at the senior level. How we look at youth players then strongly depends on their performance relative to their competition. An 18 year old blowing through U19 is a great prospect, a 14 year old doing the same is at an entirely different level. The same way the 1st and 2nd year of junior are treated very differently by scouts for NHL draft evaluations. You are expected to do more at 17 than at 16 and so forth.
The degree to which you exceed expectations will have a major impact on your evaluation.

How much money did Freddy Adu make before ever playing a game in senior football? He made that money because of his “wunderkind” status and if it hadnt been for that he would just be one of many prospects who never lived up to their promise. It can be immensely profitable to be the “next big thing” before the chips have to be put on the table.

Even if Moukoko was the same age as his opponents his level of dominance would be unprecedented and he'd be "at an entirely different level", so beyond your desire to denigrate the achievements of anyone with more than a deep tan, why does this matter at all? Especially when it's not like he's dominating because he's more physically developed than his opponents, like the probable age-cheat, Fiete Arp did...as Moukoko is blatantly not as developed as some of the white kids he's making fools of, whether he's lying about his age or not, and he's embarrassing them with intelligence & skill, rather than those non-existent developmental advantages.

Which is clear to anyone using the "eye test"...even if they lack common sense...

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Even if Moukoko was the same age as his opponents his level of dominance would be unprecedented and he'd be "at an entirely different level", so beyond your desire to denigrate the achievements of anyone with more than a deep tan, why does this matter at all? Especially when it's not like he's dominating because he's more physically developed than his opponents, like the probable age-cheat, Fiete Arp did...as Moukoko is blatantly not as developed as some of the white kids he's making fools of, whether he's lying about his age or not, and he's embarrassing them with intelligence & skill, rather than those non-existent developmental advantages.

Which is clear to anyone using the "eye test"...even if they lack common sense...

No point in discussing this with race baiters.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No point in discussing this with race baiters.
I haven't race baited once, but I am curious as to what argument you've actually put forward that should convince anyone that Moukoko is older than is reported. He has a birth registration at the German consulate (not a recent Birth Certificate), he doesn't look older than his age group as pictured multiple times, he doesn't dominate by being physically advanced and supposedly his age has been verified by the club. So either you just don't want to believe he's a certain age or you have some information that a lot of others do not.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Moukoko's dad is a pedo first of all. His mom was 15 when he was conceived and he's an old man.

That's another reason his age is not even in question for me. How much earlier would he have been conceived? He looks like a kid. You can tell who didn't spend time around black kids growing up if you think he doesn't look like a kid. I had a friend who started growing a full beard when they had barely turned 14.

Example:

Look, at some point people have to accept that not all kids look alike.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad