German football 2019/2020

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This was a pretty dumb and pointless transfer last year. Glad he's gone though.

He's better than JBL, who should've been the one to leave on loan, but neither is good enough to play for BVB. With Morey brought in at RB and Guerreiro looking likely to stay with a new contract, he'd be relegated down the depth chart at RB and winger.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
In the mid-nintees Eintracht learned what is means to loose key players. They lost Bein, Yeboah, Okocha within 2or 3 years. A bit later Gaudino. 96 tthey got relegated.

Bein was gone without adequate replacement and the other three didn't get along with the new coach Heynckes, started an open revolt against him and were less than surprisingly suspended. The other two were then quickly ousted but Okocha could stay until the relegation. Gaudino was in major legal trouble at the time which may have played a role in the events too.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The Jatta case is closed. No further investigations. Good for him and HSV.
Apparently Harnik goes from Bremen to HSV
Patrick Schick to Leipzig
Marius Wolf to Hertha

all on loan.

Boateng to Juve unlikely.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reus has been terrible early on this season. He needs to improve his form for club and country, otherwise he should be dropped from the lineup by both.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
VAR misses a handball on Tah. The ball was going in the net. We are dominating this game, yet only up 1-0. It should be 3 or 4 by now. If Leverkusen comes back to get a result, this will be one of those games which is why Bayern wins league titles and we don't.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dominating performance today from us. It could’ve been 5 or 6. Bosz once again found out against a team that can match his teams for talent.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Reus has been terrible early on this season. He needs to improve his form for club and country, otherwise he should be dropped from the lineup by both.
Your captain just scored twice vs. not too shabby Leverkusen. 3 in 4 games this season. Yes, he's terrible. Facepalm.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your captain just scored twice vs. not too shabby Leverkusen. 3 in 4 games this season. Yes, he's terrible. Facepalm.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Why should it matter that he's the captain? If he plays bad football for a month, should he be immune from being dropped? I don't think any player, except someone like Messi, should be immune from being dropped, especially not in a deep squad with enough good players to win games. It would be understandable if Reus was the lone star in the team, and the team needed him to play well for us to win games. Not the case at Dortmund. But yes, he was a lot better today. It's good to see. It still doesn't mean he didn't have a very ineffective start to the season for club and country.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm kinda surprised that we still haven't seen a Reus-Hazard front two between Brandt & Sancho, but I'm thrilled that you tore apart Leverkusen's lacking midfield.

Nice to see the cooler Borussia winning their derby & Nagelsmann getting a point off of Bayern...even if I would have prefered to see him win...and there are worse teams for us to have given points to than an injury-ravaged Werder.

All in all, pretty good results today despite Union not wanting to be greedy...

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hummels surely will be recalled from international retirement to the German National Team with the way he’s playing. It’d be a lot more understandable to put him into retirement if Germany had good replacements at the position.

Reactions: Cassano

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
On the other hand there's no real need for someone better right now, I'd give young players the opportunity to gain experience and think about it again next year if they haven't found their form meanwhile.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Amazing goal by Dilrosun vs Paderborn. Hopefully he can stay healthy. I liked him very much before his major injury last season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Coutinho is good again. Shocking. When will people learn that having your stock drop at Barcelona or Real Madrid does not mean you are a bad player? Most very good players fall off when transferring to those teams. Only a few will stick, and often times its about having favorable circumstances instead of being better than the ones that don't.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Coutinho is good again. Shocking. When will people learn that having your stock drop at Barcelona or Real Madrid does not mean you are a bad player? Most very good players fall off when transferring to those teams. Only a few will stick, and often times its about having favorable circumstances instead of being better than the ones that don't.
Don't think anyone said Coutinho is a bad player; he's just not a world class one.

Reactions: Cassano

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Don't think anyone said Coutinho is a bad player; he's just not a world class one.

Not saying this applies to Coutinho, but we've seen too many world class players like Robben fail during their brief stints with Real or Barca, for an unsuccessful season or two with one of those clubs to prove that a guy isn't world class. Which is what PB is getting at...although if I'd agree that Coutinho simply isn't consistent enough to be considered world class, even if (like Hamez) you can put him in that discussion when on-form/at-his-best.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad