German football 2019/2020

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Really poorly played game from Dortmund. Terrible lapses from the back line. No coordination in attack. Games like this when one has to really question if Favre is the manager who can keep Dortmund focused every game in a title race.

Grats @cgf

RamboZambo

Mar 4, 2019
BVB defense is "swiss cheese"! I m looking very worried to CL vs Barca(Messi, Griezmann, Suarez) and Inter(Lukaku, Sanchez).

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Union helping turn this into a Bayern/RB Leipzig title race is kinda funny. I think it's becoming clear that Dortmund is unlikely to win anything with Favre.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Anybody could beat anybody. Even Bayern could not be sure to win. Very tight title races.
True. And Bayern send the points to Kaiserslautern, because they lost there on a regular basis. Anyway, veterans like to talk about war, my grandpa said. Those times won't come back.

Reactions: RamboZambo

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So Frankfurt lost Rebic, too. Good luck with that. Jovic, Haller and Rebic. A lot of quality players left.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They didn’t replace any of them either right?

No, they signed replacements. One was Bas Dost. The other was Joveljic, who could be an excellent player, but it's probably too soon. Kamada also came back from loan after a great season in Belgium, and Andre Silva was brought in with the Rebic deal.

They signed some other players too, they won't replace what they lost immediately, but should do well in the long run.

Reactions: Gecklund

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Joveljić does seem very raw but Dost can contribute big time immediately, in terms of goal scoring ability he's not a downgrade.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
In the mid-nintees Eintracht learned what is means to loose key players. They lost Bein, Yeboah, Okocha within 2or 3 years. A bit later Gaudino. 96 tthey got relegated.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not really much lame teams like BVB can do about being outclassed by superior (and much cooler) clubs like they were today :dunno:

...I still not sure I believe that actually happened :laugh:
Well you lot beating a perennial feeder club isn't really that shocking of a win.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Really poorly played game from Dortmund. Terrible lapses from the back line. No coordination in attack. Games like this when one has to really question if Favre is the manager who can keep Dortmund focused every game in a title race.

Grats @cgf

This is what I was talking about last week. @Bon Esprit laughed it off. Favre’s teams often look clueless in games that should be over at halftime. This happens way too often. We got lucky last week, but you have to play 90 minutes consistently if you want to win the league.

The back line is a calamity right now, as is the midfield. I also don’t care how many tap ins Alcacer scores. We often play poorly when he plays from the start. Goetze has played 23 minutes in all competitions to start the season. They think they are going to bench him until he takes less money. Absolutely pathetic that they’d try to use this tactic.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That’s rich coming from an Arsenal fan.
Arsenal isn't a feeder team (we're just bad) until our best players are poached by better clubs (such as Lacazette). Sanchez going from Arsenal to United is not the definition of a feeder considering where United has been the last six years (aka nowhere). If there was one feeder moment it was RvP to United and I put more blame on Wenger's senility than

I feel for you lot though, Brandt will be the next part of the cycle who eventually joins Bayern when Munich unsettles him.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I didn't laugh it off, Pavel. But you gave up after two games.
Your team has to learn that it takes 34 games to win something. It takes hard, hard work, not just talent. BvB's defence was so bad while Union did the right moves. This happens. I still think BvB can win the league, but it will be tough.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The back line is a calamity right now, as is the midfield. I also don’t care how many tap ins Alcacer scores. We often play poorly when he plays from the start. Goetze has played 23 minutes in all competitions to start the season. They think they are going to bench him until he takes less money. Absolutely pathetic that they’d try to use this tactic.

I didn't really think of this but yeah I wouldn't put it past them. They've been too willing to sacrifice competitiveness to save/make money n the past. They definitely rely on individual quality of their players and the intelligence and particular qualities of Götze can't be easily replaced by anyone else on the team. I really don't think Favre provides either the motivation or the lasting tactical infrastructure to crack open teams that cede them possession on these days when the team is sluggish.

The personnel this year is probably as good and deep as it has ever been. The standard should certainly be higher than another 2nd/3rd place finish and QF/R16 in the CL this year if the coach and the team really click.

I feel for you lot though, Brandt will be the next part of the cycle who eventually joins Bayern when Munich unsettles him.

A relief that you project that Sancho at least will be a long-term fixture in Dortmund if not Brandt.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Who has Bayern signed recently that's so great? Their most recent transfer window was a big PR disaster.

They signed none of their targets, and they lost a starter to their biggest rival for the title, that team you call a feeder team. Bayern was also unable to sign the most recent player we sold on for big money.

Unless Brandt insists on leaving and insists on being transferred within the league, I don't see why he'd go to Bayern. Let's see if Bayern can pull off some big transfers next summer with Havertz, Sane, Nubel and Werner. They tried for all four players this summer, but none left. They look more like a club on the decline than one on the ascendancy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad