German football 2019/2020

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Missed the Hummels foul on Herrmann in the box live but alongside Bürki's two miraculous stops on Embolo further underscores that Dortmund were extremely lucky not to concede today.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Süle tore his cruciate ligament, will indeed be out long-term. Get well, soon dude. It's a huge loss for Bayern.
Interesting to see that not Boateng, but Alaba replaced him.

Reactions: Cassano

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Now 9 Teams in title race. Between 1st and 9th only 2 Points difference.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Stupid Schalke messed it up. They've been better than Hoffenheim, but couldn't score. Cold have been first.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Bundesliga has to be the weakest it’s been in a very long time compared to the other top leagues. Bayern failed to replace their old stars and are therefore mediocre now because of it. It’s the rare season where Dortmund’s squad is older, more talented and probably more expensive than Bayern. Usually it’s the other way around, but Dortmund this year is very poorly coached and is underachieving. Leipzig could challenge because they are extremely well coached, very young and talented, but probably don’t have the depth to compete at the end of the season. Everyone else will fall away.

I tend to think that Leipzig will continue to improve in upcoming years and Dortmund will stabilize. Can Bayern get back to their best? If they can, the league can get back to being in contention for best in the world.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I remember Soyleymane Sane (Leroy Sane's father) being a somewhat regular goalscorer for Wattenscheid when they were in the BL in the 90's.

Seems that quite a few clubs who were in the BL in the 1980's/90's are permanently stuck below 2. BL. It would be nice to see at least Kaiserslautern come back in the upper echelons one day, although they now seem to more in danger of being relegated to Regionalliga than promoted to Zweite.

Reactions: Lambo

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Wattenscheid never really had the fans to support a professional team. Its one of those things in Germany that the magnates prefer pouring money into clubs without the foundation to ever stand on their own account. The problem with clubs with traditional support bases is that those people have a voice and may object to your plans. Easier to control a club that totally depends on you.

Theres 4 clubs currently in BuLi who’d wither away if outside support went away entirely: Wolfsburg, Leipzig, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim. None of them would be a huge loss.

Reactions: gary69

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Yes. And with much more drama. It'd just be such a baffling choice to go to an infamously defense-only coach with the shape the team is in now.
I don't think he's an option in reality. But if Dortmund loose the derby Favre is in deep trouble. IMO they already have a replacement.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Wattenscheid never really had the fans to support a professional team. Its one of those things in Germany that the magnates prefer pouring money into clubs without the foundation to ever stand on their own account. The problem with clubs with traditional support bases is that those people have a voice and may object to your plans. Easier to control a club that totally depends on you.

Theres 4 clubs currently in BuLi who’d wither away if outside support went away entirely: Wolfsburg, Leipzig, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim. None of them would be a huge loss.
Well, Wattenscheid is nothing more than a district of Bochum. The Ruhrgebiet has more football to offer than Wattenscheid. Dortmund, Schalke and lower RW Essen, MSV Duisburg or VfL Bochum and RW Oberhausen. Actually this aera has "only" 5 million citizens

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I just don't see how Dortmund could actually be much worse off this season. I think this is easily the best group of players we've had in years. The Bundesliga is as bad as it's been in years, and we are still about where we'd normally be in the league standings compared to the league leader. In the UCL, we are about where we'd usually be, battling it out for second, if we get a tough group.

And we are doing all of this with a much more talented squad than usual. I think there's a base line that this team is too good to go below, given the improved squad, and I think its pretty close to what we are currently seeing.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Not sure why Dortmund waited until the last 20 minutes to start playing but overall 0-0 is probably a fortunate result for them.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Former Bundesliga club SG Wattenscheid 09 is dead.
Wattenscheid 09 muss den Spielbetrieb einstellen

Today they were playing at Regionalliga West (4th league).

Klaus Steilmann pumped money into that club.

In other news:

SC Freiburg can't use their new stadium after 8pm. So getting relegated is not a option.
Lärmschutz: Freiburg darf neues Stadion nach 20 Uhr nicht nutzen
Yes SG09(With Coach Hannes Bongartz) 4 Years a Bundesliga-Member and 20 Years in 2. Bundesliga. This club reminds me of good old Bundesliga days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad