German football 2019/2020

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I wasn't able to watch closely today, so I might be wrong, but it looked like Hitz must've made 45 saves.

Yet again, another draw. I guess not a terrible result away against Schalke, but if we were playing well, a draw is not a good result against the caliber of team we faced, regardless of if it was the Derby or not.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Theres 4 clubs currently in BuLi who’d wither away if outside support went away entirely: Wolfsburg, Leipzig, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim. None of them would be a huge loss.

Jain. Mainz is of similar size as a club and has managed to stay up for a remarkable period of time without such support. So it really depends on how well they would be managed without the sponsorship.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is what happens when the coach refuses to have strikers in the squad.

And there's absolutely nothing to see here. Only three points back in the league!

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
As Lars' tweet says, the problems with the team's attack right now are so far beyond a striker.

I was referring to the response. Our attack is astonishingly bad right now. It’s almost hard to believe a team that maintains some semblance of possession could be so bad at turning possession into goal scoring chances. Surely we’d at least get some chances when other teams make errors.

And I also agree that it’s not only about the lack of a striker. I don’t doubt the players. I doubt the system and how the coach is motivating the players.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Bayern losing in the Pokal via an own goal from...Alphonso Davies. :(

Though from what I've read Bayern fans still think he's been the best player for them for the last 2 games (including this one)...and he's being played out of position again. :(

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Bayern losing in the Pokal via an own goal from...Alphonso Davies. :(

Though from what I've read Bayern fans still think he's been the best player for them for the last 2 games (including this one)...and he's being played out of position again. :(
And then came the 83rd and 89th minute. Business as usual.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
And even though they won they still treat it like a disaster in Munich. I guess anything short of a 5-0 in a cup tie vs a lower tier opponent is scandalous for the folks at the Säbener Str.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
And even though they won they still treat it like a disaster in Munich. I guess anything short of a 5-0 in a cup tie vs a lower tier opponent is scandalous for the folks at the Säbener Str.
If only Schalke and Dortmund had strikers who can score.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Has anyone seen much of Johannes Eggestein of late? Seems like they’re trying to turn him into a midfielder now and he seems to be falling further and further away from the promise he once had.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Has anyone seen much of Johannes Eggestein of late? Seems like they’re trying to turn him into a midfielder now and he seems to be falling further and further away from the promise he once had.
He’s just make a late run as Balon D’or candidate.

Reactions: Cassano

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Some nice derbys this weekend.

düsseldorf-köln
leverkusen-gladbach

and of course

union-hertha
did they even play each other in pro football? serious question.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
They were in the 2.Liga together in 2010/11. I remember those matches. But for obvious reasons theres not much of a history of those teams playing each other..

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Edit: Accidental multi post.

Every time they play helps Union even if Hertha win just because it positions Union as an equivalent alternative to the not widely liked Hertha.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
They were in the 2.Liga together in 2010/11. I remember those matches. But for obvious reasons theres not much of a history of those teams playing each other..
I remember a report that Union and Hertha had some kind of friendship during the GDR/FRG times in the eighties. Long gone I guess. I bet they had some history in the early days of last century. Union is only 50plus years old on paper, but their roots are far older. Interesting history btw., could only happen in Berlin.
1. FC Union Berlin - Wikipedia

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I remember a report that Union and Hertha had some kind of friendship during the GDR/FRG times in the eighties. Long gone I guess. I bet they had some history in the early days of last century. Union is only 50plus years old on paper, but their roots are far older. Interesting history btw., could only happen in Berlin.
1. FC Union Berlin - Wikipedia

Once Hertha started collecting fans in the East as Berlin's most successful club those days of friendship were definitely over.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dortmund back to last year's form of merely sleepwalking through the first half instead of sleepwalking through the entire game. :thumbu:
'
Playing a bit better defense and Hitz has been good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad