German Football 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Balerdi has been officially presented as a Dortmund player, even trained with the first team. Although, he's going back to Chile to join the U20 team today or tomorrow. I'm guessing he's staying with Dortmund after because I see no mention of a loan move away.

My question now is will he be given a chance as 3/4th choice CB. I'd be shocked if he would be but y'all would know better.

Its not sure that he goes back to Chile. The decision will be made within the next days.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Its not sure that he goes back to Chile. The decision will be made within the next days.
That can't be right he's not vital to their plans and he'd get much needed experience in the tournament.

I haven't read anywhere that he might not get back.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It happens all the time. Club teams don't care about these international youth tournaments. USA had over 10 players not released for Sub 20 Qualifying. At least half of those players weren't playing that often.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
That can't be right he's not vital to their plans and he'd get much needed experience in the tournament.

I haven't read anywhere that he might not get back.

Its a statement of Zorc. Its not that surprising because of the injured Dortmund defenders.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
We should recall Balerdi from Argentina U20.

Weigl might have to be used at CB again on Saturday at Leipzig because Zagadou and Toprak didn't train today. :facepalm:

At least Bayern also has a tough away game.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You shouldn't need Balerdi to qualify.

Dortmund isn't going to be able to go many weeks with Weigl at CB. Akanji won't be back that soon, so if either of these injuries to Zagadou or Toprak are going to keep them out more than a week or two, he should be recalled. That would also be better for his career. Competing for the Bundesliga title is more important than youth competitions.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Don't worry, Dortmund supporters, BvB will win the Bundesliga. At least Oliver Fritsch (Die Zeit) predicts it.
Fußballprognose: So geht die Bundesliga aus

Personally I think he's an idiot and knows nothing about modern football. But he may be right here.
As a Hannover supporter I still hope Düsseldorf will collapse and we can finish 16th.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
On the press conference in front of the game, Zorc told the media that Balerdi is a project. He isnt ready for the first team now. I think thats why they wanted to see him in training with the team.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
On the press conference in front of the game, Zorc told the media that Balerdi is a project. He isnt ready for the first team now. I think thats why they wanted to see him in training with the team.

Why spend around 20M on a player who isn’t ready to play for the first team? This team can’t afford that.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
I think they spend that much transfer fee, because Dortmund wasnt the only team who wanted him. Thats the reason they bought him in the winter and not in the summer how they planned to. The future will show if the price was to high.

Last edited:

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Not surprised they don't think he's ready but why not loan him out if he won't play?

I think the quote was far more innocuous. Zorc didn't say he wouldn't play right away. He is stating the obvious: Balerdi wasn't bought primarily for his immediate impact but for his long-term impact in a couple years. Lots of the guys whom BVB has acquired for "long-term" impact played senior games nearly immediately.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Bayern looked decent against Hoffenheim in the 2nd half, Hoffenheim never really looked like they were going to get a result; even after they got a goal to cut the lead to 1

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
What a stressful second half for Dortmund. Bürki was amazing. Weigl with a very good game at CB - again, I don't know why they're letting him go now. Not a lot of other bright spots.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
schalke's transfer activity this summer was just so bad. their strikers suck and their midfielders are afraid of the ball.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Westy McKennie carries the ball through midfield, slides it out wide, caliguiri cuts on to his left foot and fires into the goal. finally a decent play in this game.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd like to see us sign Kai Havertz in the summer. It'll cost a club record, but after the season we are having and the money we've made in recent years, I think the club can afford it and we can sell him for over 100M in a couple of seasons.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I'd like to see us sign Kai Havertz in the summer. It'll cost a club record, but after the season we are having and the money we've made in recent years, I think the club can afford it and we can sell him for over 100M in a couple of seasons.

That would be an unusual move for Dortmund, most of whose Bundesliga purchases of late have been veteran players or B level talents like Wolf or Toljan. I wonder if the clubs that pay 100M fees will already be lining up for him next summer too.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That would be an unusual move for Dortmund, most of whose Bundesliga purchases of late have been veteran players or B level talents like Wolf or Toljan. I wonder if the clubs that pay 100M fees will already be lining up for him next summer too.

I think they'll start lining up the summer after, which is why it would be smart to sign him this summer for 60, and sell him in 2-3 seasons for double that.

Reactions: Deficient Mode
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad