German Football 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
120 minutes of this bland crap. Good thing they started almost everyone who played last Saturday and will play again this Saturday. Definitely worth it. Who cares that Reus got injured?

Last edited:

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
WERDER! This is fantastic! Now in quarters is the big old classics vs HSV? ;)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Playing a team almost entirely made up of their current starters in the Pokal. Stupid. Just give players rest and prioritize the league.

We could’ve lost with back ups. Reus injured and more unnecessary minutes for Witsel.

I know Dortmund gets a great reputation for playing young players, but it would’ve made a lot more sense to play Unbehaun and Raschl than Oelschlagel and Witsel. Who was the last academy player we’ve given a consistent runout in the first team? Is it Pulisic?

Going out of the Cup isn’t such a bad thing, but I still can’t consider it a good thing. It is good if it gives the starters less games to play with the UCL and league games being important, but there’s no requirement to play starters in the Cup matches.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
We could’ve lost with back ups. Reus injured and more unnecessary minutes for Witsel.

I know Dortmund gets a great reputation for playing young players, but it would’ve made a lot more sense to play Unbehaun and Raschl than Oelschlagel and Witsel. Who was the last academy player we’ve given a consistent runout in the first team? Is it Pulisic?

Going out of the Cup isn’t such a bad thing, but I still can’t consider it a good thing. It is good if it gives the starters less games to play with the UCL and league games being important, but there’s no requirement to play starters in the Cup matches.

Yep. At this point they should be better known for buying up the academy graduates of other clubs and selling them for a profit a year or two later.

Losing in the QFs really only saves them from one more midweek match, with the final after the conclusion of the Bundesliga season. So there isn't that much to be gained from losing.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
R.I.P. Legend
Funfact btw., though Assauer once was the face of Schalke 04 and "builder" of their current stadium, he was a long-time member of Borussia Dortmund (he played for them in the sixties). I think it's unique being a clubmember of Schalke AND Dortmund.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reus won't play tomorrow. Will he be fit for Tuesday? Maybe he's not playing tomorrow in preparation for Tuesday. Piszczek is the only other one prior to tomorrow's match whose fitness for Tuesday might be a question, but they thought he could train today, so he should be able to train the final session before they leave for London. Sancho and Schmelzer are questionable for tomorrow, but they've already started training, so they should be good to go for Tuesday. Both keepers should be ready for tomorrow.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its still a five point deficit. They've gained one point on us in the first four games of the second half of the season.

We've also been the better team this season. Big collapse today, but I don't see why anyone would predict that Bayern will be six points better than Dortmund for the final 13 games of the second half of the season.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't see why anyone would predict that Bayern will be six points better than Dortmund for the final 13 games of the second half of the season.

Last three league meetings in Munich the goal difference is 15:2 for Bayern against Dortmund, that'll be already 3 points for them if things go as expected. The margin is, well, marginal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad