German Football 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
There's where I don't like the "deliberate" hand ball rule. Even if he heads it first, if it doesn't hit his hand then the ball doesn't perfectly drop in front of him like that and there's no goal.

I'm not saying the goal should have been chalked off as it clearly wasn't "deliberate". What confuses me is that it's pretty rare for hand ball to ever be intentional, yet refereeing decisions are all over the place and horribly inconsistent.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It should've been chalked off.

It hit his hand, and that helped him score the goal. If a player stands in front of the GK in an offside position and that impedes the GK saving the shot, its not a goal. Why doesn't the offense apply here but it did in the last game we played?

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
It should've been chalked off.

It hit his hand, and that helped him score the goal. If a player stands in front of the GK in an offside position and that impedes the GK saving the shot, its not a goal. Why doesn't the offense apply here but it did in the last game we played?

Blame FIFA for never making the laws of the game sufficiently clear. There's too much room for individual interpretation of the rules and that results in wildly inconsistent officiating where nobody really knows what's constitutes an offence and what doesn't. It wasn't a 'deliberate' handball and therefore by FIFA's own rules it wasn't an offence. Which, frankly, is ridiculous as it gave Kramer a clear advantage.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Dieter Hecking hates this time of year.

Grinch-Stole-Christmas-Jim-Carrey-Set-Behavior-Therapy.jpg

Reactions: ecemleafs

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bild is reporting that Peter Bosz is going to take over at Leverkusen. That should be entertaining. Hope it goes better for him than in Dortmund.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bayern have now won five straight Bundesliga matches and haven't conceded a goal in four straight. Dortmund can't afford any more slip-ups or playing backup squads against lowly Bundesliga opponents in the second half.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bayern has been much better recently. I think we'll be able to hold them off because I don't think they are six points better than us in half a season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it close. The key game of the season is going to be the one at the Allianz Arena. Six points up for grabs there.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I predicted Kovac, Breitenreiter and Tedesco will be gone by christmas. I was wrong. Merry christmas!

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Akanji could be out for the rest of the season. Welp. Dortmund can't afford any more injuries to its CBs and probably needs to buy another option this winter.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tobias Raschl is the only U19 player that is playing with the first team during the Winter training camp. There was a rumor a couple of months ago that he might be joining Gladbach after this season, but maybe he'll be promoted to the first team instead. He's an 18 year old defensive midfielder. If we sell Weigl in the summer, he could be used as the back up to Witsel. The reviews of his performance today in a training match against Dusseldorf were good.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don't watch a lot of non chelsea football.

Any opinions on Jovic?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I've seen him play a couple times this season. His play matches up to the stats. One of the best strikers in the league.
Interesting.

I was just stat watching and saw it. Then looked at some highlights.

Just seemed to be a machine in front of the net.

Does he have the ability to move to a big club? With the same effectiveness?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Interesting.

I was just stat watching and saw it. Then looked at some highlights.

Just seemed to be a machine in front of the net.

Does he have the ability to move to a big club? With the same effectiveness?

I think he should stay one more season, but I think he could make it at a bigger club if he left this summer.

I wouldn’t expect Jovic to come in and be the leading striker on a title winning side. He’ll have earned a move to a bigger team, but of course there’s risk.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Nice goal by Thorgan Hazard against Berlin. More to come for the Borussia in blackyellow.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Balerdi has been officially presented as a Dortmund player, even trained with the first team. Although, he's going back to Chile to join the U20 team today or tomorrow. I'm guessing he's staying with Dortmund after because I see no mention of a loan move away.

My question now is will he be given a chance as 3/4th choice CB. I'd be shocked if he would be but y'all would know better.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It all depends what happens with Akanji. Zorc said yesterday that they are still assessing him. If he's out for a significant amount of time, Balerdi will see the bench some games, and might even play a game or two. He'd be at least 4th, and could be 3rd if he shows well and they consider his price tag to move him ahead of Toprak. Diallo also plays at LB at times, so there is a chance Balerdi could get into the team a little more regularly, but its probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Our top 3 CB's are all really good. I figure one or two of them will get sold within a season or two, so that might be when Balerdi gets more of a regular chance. I could also see him move ahead of Toprak for next season, regardless, so I don't think he's looking at no minutes when everyone's healthy, but it'll be hard to break in. For the time being, it could be a little easier, depending on Akanji's injury.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Balerdi has been officially presented as a Dortmund player, even trained with the first team. Although, he's going back to Chile to join the U20 team today or tomorrow. I'm guessing he's staying with Dortmund after because I see no mention of a loan move away.

My question now is will he be given a chance as 3/4th choice CB. I'd be shocked if he would be but y'all would know better.

I think he'll get a chance. Zagadou was almost two years younger when he came to Dortmund and he got minutes right out of the gate. Balerdi is technically fifth on the depth chart for now, but Dortmund's three top CBs all missed significant time in November and December with injuries, and one of them will probably be out for a couple months longer. There aren't a lot of easy fixtures now, but I think they'll definitely look for chances to play him if he's training well.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->