German Football 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mateta never cut it for Lyon but was never given a proper chance.
He made a name for himself in L2. Towering striker with decent speed and pretty good technique for his size.
He is unproven in L1 however.

Reactions: Eisen

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Having a NT coach who knows what he’s doing is for cowards anyway.
I get it. We might not have the same opinion with Jogi all the time but he had results going for him until the debacle that was this WC. He doesn't want to go like that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I get it. We might not have the same opinion with Jogi all the time but he had results going for him until the debacle that was this WC. He doesn't want to go like that.

? This was the perfect time for him to go out, his squad selection already screwed us in 2016 & his tactics eliminated us in 2012...kroos on wing :biglaugh:...so leaving after a tourney where his squad selection & tactics eliminated us would’ve been the perfect way to cement his legacy of incompetence

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
? This was the perfect time for him to go out, his squad selection already screwed us in 2016 & his tactics eliminated us in 2012...kroos on wing :biglaugh:...so leaving after a tourney where his squad selection & tactics eliminated us would’ve been the perfect way to cement his legacy of incompetence
We want that. I'm sure he doesn't. ;)
And Grindel gave him a carte blanche.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And he has a world class no2 behind him. Play your strength!!

FWIW I do think we should hand MAtS the reins if Manu is mortal this year.

...but I’ve been biased towards ter Stegner since he first dominated Bayern for the cooler Borussia & the Leno-ter Stegen debates were raging lol

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Btw. former Schalke player Max Meyer still has no contract. He rejected a 5.5 mil/per offer from Schalke.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Not as pessimistic about the national team as the rest of you seem to be. Even with Jogi at the helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad