German Football 2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Gladbach against Hoffenheim probably was one of the best 0-0 I've seen in a long time, great game.

Reactions: cgf

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think Reus will score at least two today against Bremen. Don't rule out a hat-trick.
The match was a snoozefest. Bremen had a couple of chances late, but BVB got the third on the counterattack. I am glad to see how good Alcacer has become. I always bought his talent, didn't work out as a sub in Barca, but gets some minutes and able to produce. Reus looked like his normal self, which was great to see. The bloke has been through so much, so him playing full matches and scoring has really united BVB for the good.

I hope nobody didn't see the Bayern decline with how old that squad is and how everyone said that Kovač was a terrible hire. If all of us could have seen that from HFB, then not sure how the Bayern FO didn't. Maybe they're too busy having meetings' about the next player they want to poach from BVB and worrying about Oezil...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
VAR ended up calling off Goetze's goal for offside on Philipp, and then the referee ended the game right after. No time after that stoppage.

Bayern has Leipzig and then Frankfurt before the stoppage, we have Dusseldorf and Gladbach. This is going to be an interesting last week in the first half of the season. The gap could be closed to a manageable amount or Bayern could drop points in one or both of those games and we win both games, which would extend our lead beyond 10 points and probably out of reach. Bayern has looked better the last few weeks though, so I think a run is coming from them.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The match was a snoozefest. Bremen had a couple of chances late, but BVB got the third on the counterattack. I am glad to see how good Alcacer has become. I always bought his talent, didn't work out as a sub in Barca, but gets some minutes and able to produce. Reus looked like his normal self, which was great to see. The bloke has been through so much, so him playing full matches and scoring has really united BVB for the good.

I hope nobody didn't see the Bayern decline with how old that squad is and how everyone said that Kovač was a terrible hire. If all of us could have seen that from HFB, then not sure how the Bayern FO didn't. Maybe they're too busy having meetings' about the next player they want to poach from BVB and worrying about Oezil...

The last half hour of it was a snoozefest but it was pretty up and down before that.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Akanji and Diallo were both likely injured that match. With Zagadou out still, Dortmund's CB situation could be quite bad for the Gladbach match.

I thought Favre should have reacted faster to the inability of his lineup to generate chances. Delaney is useless against a team that parks the bus so deep and just flings the ball at their striker on the counter. The forward selection was not the ideal one for breaking down a parked bus either.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Akanji and Diallo were both likely injured that match. With Zagadou out still, Dortmund's CB situation could be quite bad for the Gladbach match.

I thought Favre should have reacted faster to the inability of his lineup to generate chances. Delaney is useless against a team that parks the bus so deep and just flings the ball at their striker on the counter. The forward selection was not the ideal one for breaking down a parked bus either.

Zagadou might be back against Gladbach.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
At least Gladbach have done their duties by winning vs. Nuremberg. Hannover with a must win game vs. Freiburg. The most important game will be played at Schalke. I have the feeling the losing coach will get the boot afterwards.
The Düsseldorf win was not expected and has a huge impact on the relegation race. Thank you very much, Dortmund. Why didn't just suck vs. Bremen, Hoffenheim or Frankfurt?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The first three CB's are all out against Gladbach. I think that means we'll have to employ Schmelzer at LB against Gladbach. Hazard against Schmelzer could be a big mismatch in Gladbach's favor.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The first three CB's are all out against Gladbach. I think that means we'll have to employ Schmelzer at LB against Gladbach. Hazard against Schmelzer could be a big mismatch in Gladbach's favor.

Or Piszczek at CB, Guerreiro LB, and Hakimi RB?

Anyway, I'm not as down on Schmelzer as you or most Dortmund fans are.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Or Piszczek at CB, Guerreiro LB, and Hakimi RB?

Anyway, I'm not as down on Schmelzer as you or most Dortmund fans are.

I think thats too offensive for how Favre plays. We also don't have good options right now at LW, if Guerreiro isn't playing there with Pulisic and Bruun-Larsen both not playing well against Dusseldorf.

I'm not going to blame Schmelzer for a great goal, but he was also out of position. He brings almost nothing going forward anymore, and he's making a lot of defensive errors. I don't think he's starter level anymore at Dortmund. Thats not a problem, as we have Diallo and Hakimi who are both better LB options, but when 3 CB's are out, he's going to need to play. I think the best defensive lineup for when the UCL games come around is Diallo-Zags-Akanji-Hakimi. I'd also much rather bring Piszczek in next along the backline than Schmelzer. I think Piszczek is a liability, but he's had a better last two seasons than Schmelzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad