German Football 2018/2019 Part II

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I don't read German. I don't care about the debate, it's not even a controversial call. Clear penalty, the guy was beat at full speed pushed the other guy without trying to play the ball, what do you want to debate, or what do they debate?

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
So Niclas Füllkrug joins Werder Bremen next year (again) The fee will be round 7m. H96 lost at least 10m on him in one year (yes I know about his injury).That's the way business man Kind does business, Genius!

Given the fact 96 will get relegated and 3 Hannover guys plus Harnik play in Bremen I think I pick Werder next year.

Reactions: Ducks76

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Dortmund can get through these next two games without dropping points, we'll be in very good position heading into the final two matches of the season. Bayern has the 3rd and 4th place teams to end the season, one away and one at home. Those teams are also in good form, compared to us having the 5th place team as one of our final two games who have dropped down the table recently. I'm not convinced Bayern is going to be able to beat Leipzig and Frankfurt in back to back weeks.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
If Dortmund can get through these next two games without dropping points, we'll be in very good position heading into the final two matches of the season. Bayern has the 3rd and 4th place teams to end the season, one away and one at home. Those teams are also in good form, compared to us having the 5th place team as one of our final two games who have dropped down the table recently. I'm not convinced Bayern is going to be able to beat Leipzig and Frankfurt in back to back weeks.

Glad someone is optimistic.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
That final match Bayern - Frankfurt could be very important for both, especially if Frankfurt lose to Leverkusen two weeks earlier. Title in line for Bayern and CL spot for Eintracht.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Köln fires coach Markus Anfang.

I try to understand this. They lost to Darmstadt but are still leading the league by (worst case) 5 points with 4 games left. and then they fire their coach? Oh, well.

Btw HSV (2nd) at Union (4th) and Paderborn (3rd) vs Heidenheim (5th) this weekend.

Correction, it's only 3 games left. It's gameday 31.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is the worst refereed match I've ever seen in Europe.

The referee completely lost the plot early on, and the two red cards are a byproduct of how poorly this guy has refereed the game. Schalke got a 50/50 penalty go their way, but a 50/50 penalty for us he refuses to even look at. Schalke has been hacking at our players all game with almost no repercussions, so of course our players feel like they can try to do the same to Schalke without repercussions. Now this guy wants to start enforcing the rules of the game. A complete joke. When we lose I can usually say we got outplayed, but we didn't. Schalke hasn't had a shot on goal from the run of play. The referee has completely decided this match.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Can't blame the referee for two reckless tackles. Reus' was on the softer side but Wolf's was pretty awful. Zwayer hasn't been great (never is), but Dortmund have been utter shite and don't deserve a win.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
This is the worst refereed match I've ever seen in Europe.

The referee completely lost the plot early on, and the two red cards are a byproduct of how poorly this guy has refereed the game. Schalke got a 50/50 penalty go their way, but a 50/50 penalty for us he refuses to even look at. Schalke has been hacking at our players all game with almost no repercussions, so of course our players feel like they can try to do the same to Schalke without repercussions. Now this guy wants to start enforcing the rules of the game. A complete joke. When we lose I can usually say we got outplayed, but we didn't. Schalke hasn't had a shot on goal from the run of play. The referee has completely decided this match.
lol, no. watch more games.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
lol, no. watch more games.

I should watch more 2. Bundesliga games, which you'll be doing next season. :thumbu:

I don't know how someone could seriously dispute how that match was refereed. I can criticize Dortmund playing poorly, like either result against Schalke last year, but Schalke barely touched the ball before the red cards, and they got huge help from the referee. They were 3-1 up without a shot on goal from the run of play.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Incredible Dortmund 2-4 at home vs. lowly Schalke, the hipster fans will change allegiance soon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad