German Football 2018/2019 Part II

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
As for Leverkusen, Volland really isn't a wide player, not sure why he was played there, and Alario is somewhat average. Brandt had a good game and Bailey can dribble past anyone one-on-one, but he was eventually ineffective. Tah also displayed nice playmaking abilities when he he often found himself in the midfield starting the attacking moves. Leverkusen are only missing a couple of players here and there to be a pretty good team.

Years ago, I remember posting a first-half team of the season on this board and choosing Kompany on it, when he was still playing for HSV. Every time I see Jonathan Tah playing, I'm becoming more and more confident that he could follow a similar path to Kompany. Back at HSV, Kompany was a bit more assertive and all-action compared to what Tah is now, but Tah is not that far off when it comes influencing a game. Tah is now at the same age that Kompany was when he left HSV.

I think Tah is currently the best CB in the Bundesliga and any top team should aim to have him marshal their first defence for the next decade.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That age group is pretty good for Dortmund. Aside for Moukoko, Hetemi, Bafounta and Reyna all have a chance to make it to the first team. I wonder if Lutke-Frie will be promoted to the U19’s because he might be the biggest talent on the team, but he’s a year younger than most of the players who’ll be promoted.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Didn't Dortmund just win the u19 championship? First in u19 and second in u17 is not bad. And Moukoko is really a phenomenon, 49 goals in 27 games is not too shabby.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Yes Dortmund won the U19 championship. But its a weaker year for BVB standards. That this team won says much about development in Germany at that age group.
At the U17 final i thought Pakia, Knauff and ofcourse Moukoko were the best players.
What impressed me the most from Moukoko, was that he is not just the product of a strong Dortmund team. He creates many chances with his speed and skill 1vs1 for himself.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Dortmund on the way to the next away game.
citaro-gelenkbus-evag-linie-sb15-essen-hbf-24545.jpg

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Is Bayern the favorite to win the league this year? I see a lot of people stating that Dortmund should be the favorite.
Yes i think Dortmund could be win the Bundesliga. Very good transfers. My Prediction Top 6: 1. BVB 2. RBL 3. Bayern 4. Bayer 04 5. BMG 6. Werder

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Yes i think Dortmund could be win the Bundesliga. Very good transfers. My Prediction Top 6: 1. BVB 2. RBL 3. Bayern 4. Bayer 04 5. BMG 6. Werder
Doubt that, Bayern isn't done yet. All the teams' rosters ain't even set. BvB wants to sell, Bayern needs to buy. Crazy names like Dembele are swirling around.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Doubt that, Bayern isn't done yet. All the teams' rosters ain't even set. BvB wants to sell, Bayern needs to buy. Crazy names like Dembele are swirling around.
Yes right! But Bayern told their limit per player were 80 Mill. This isn t suitable with their imagine for Top-Transfers. Dembele is a difficult factor.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bayern has to bring in some players because they barely have enough players right now to fill out a full bench, but they've been trying to sign players, like every other team, and haven't been getting their top targets.

They are definitely going to add a few more players to their squad, but are they adding starters or back ups? I understand the point @Bon Esprit is making, but it's now a matter of how much the remaining transfers can influence the table. If Dortmund has to now sell Max Philipp or Omer Toprak, is that going to lessen our point total? Probably not. Is Bayern going to bring in anyone who is a big improvement over what they already have? They won the league by two points last season, their team has become weaker so far this summer, and our team has become stronger. This summer transfer window could make Dortmund the favorites for next season, but we'll have to see how the rest of the window unfolds.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
We'll see where Bayern are when the transfer window closes but yes, at this moment their squad is incredibly thin. And they're another year older. If they don't have near perfect health next year and don't make more good signings, it's more likely than not that they lose the title - to Dortmund or another challenger.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I wasn't only talking about Bayern and BvB. I was talking about the entire prediction.
If Werner joins Bayern, they are stronger and RBL weaker, Gladbach just got 5m extra from the Schulz and Sow transfers that could be spend on players.
Fünf Millionen Euro! Dicker Nachschlag für Gladbach | Bundesliga - kicker

Also Hertha just got money. Don't know what they are going to do with it.

IMO we can talk about predictions when the rosters are set in general.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Hertha got money by selling almost 38% of the club to a rather dubious investor though. The whole thing is kinda odd actually if you consider that Hertha bought back their shares from the previous investor and had somehow via debt cobbled together the money needed to end that relationship (rumored to have been about 60 Million Euro). Windhorst is meant to spend about 125 Million, but will also hold a lot more of the club than the prior investor. So really, Hertha now appears to own a lot less of their own club, but gets to have an extra 65 million, which is what enough money for a couple solid transfers if you consider wages?

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Can some mod please close this thread. It's the first of July and we have a new season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad