German Football 2018/2019 Part II

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Union five games without a victory at a time when 3 more points would mean direct promotion. Now they're not making even the promotion playoffs. Mental midgets.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Union five games without a victory at a time when 3 more points would mean direct promotion. Now they're not making even the promotion playoffs. Mental midgets.
Too bad, cgf doesn't show up anymore. Maybe he can explain.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
HSV managed to save themselves with 27 points over the relegation playoff in 2014, but it looks a lot like Stuttgart or Nürnberg is going to set a new low by some margin.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
HSV managed to save themselves with 27 points over the relegation playoff in 2014, but it looks a lot like Stuttgart or Nürnberg is going to set a new low by some margin.
Weinzierl won't be ooach on July 1st, probably they sack him way earlier.

The bottom 5 this year are simply awful.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Any word on the ground where Lukebakio is going to end up next season? He's certainly played himself out of Fortuna.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Poor scoring form for sure, but I think it'll improve as long as he stays healthy and the team plays to his strengths. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the national team still.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
In a world where Sandro Wagner got a few caps, yeah I can't rule it out either. I just got that thought after watching him stumbling around in the penalty box all afternoon like he's got some kind of neurological condition affecting his motor functions.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Any word on the ground where Lukebakio is going to end up next season? He's certainly played himself out of Fortuna.
Funkel likes him and he's optimistic Lubebakio stays. But he's still Watford's property.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
btw. look at the 2. Bundesliga. HSV is about to mess this up. Next game is at 4th place Union. The latter is only 3 points behind. Paderborn is in 3. place right now. Insane.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't think they'll mess it up the way Union has been playing, but Heidenheim may well make at least the relegation. Would be a fun team to see in the 1. Bundesliga, especially if it's Stuttgart they finish off...

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
I don't think they'll mess it up the way Union has been playing, but Heidenheim may well make at least the relegation. Would be a fun team to see in the 1. Bundesliga, especially if it's Stuttgart they finish off...
at Union (fight for promotion)
vs Ingolstadt (fight relegation)
at Paderborn (fight for promotion)
vs MSV (fight relegation)

IIRC they lost to Magdeburg (fight relegation) at home, too

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Union hasn't won since early March and Paderborn has Heidenheim as well as away derby in Bielefeld left, I think HSV is sure to win direct promotion if they manage to gather 6 points more.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pretty crazy to think that 6 months ago most of the media and fans were convinced Götze was done at this level.

Unpopular opinion, but I think he’s been the best player in the Bundesliga this season. Our worst performance this season came when the genius trainer decided to leave him out of the team in the biggest game of the season. And he’s done this playing out of position. His resurgence has been one of the best stories in football this season. He showed some of it last season, but he’s been even better this season.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Schalke 04 suspends Bentaleb (again). LOL, don't mess with Huub. Too bad Stevens isn't 20 years younger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad