German Football 2018/2019 Part II

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Some news and speculation around the league:

- H96 sacked Heldt (no surprise)
. Christoph Metzelder to Leipzig as sports director/manager (speculation). Some (including me thought he'd go to Schalke)
- Weigl wants to leave BvB (PSG still interested)
- the other Hazard leaves Glachbach (for Bvb?)
. both Eggesteins stay at Werder (they are from a Hannover suburb)

update
. Augsburg fires coach and Lehmann
. Schlaudraf to replace Heldt

Last edited:

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
St. Pauli fires coach and manager.
the 2. Bnndesliga is funny anyway these days. It seems nobody wants to play in the 1. Bundesliga next year (except Köln). Even Paderborn is still in the mix.

lol Duisburg just tied the game after trailing 2-4.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t watch either enough but from all reports I think they’d fit well. Why don’t you want them?

Both are too expensive to be brought in as 3rd wingers, and I don't think either are good enough to be brought in as starting wingers. Guerreiro is also a good 3rd winger. We need to bring in a starter. We need a player who can replicate what should've been expected out of Pulisic the last two years.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
After hitting his girlfriend, Coman just had a boxing match with Lewandowski.

At least he is now boxing in bigger category. No IQ category though.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
In a normal world crap like Schalke 04 would get relegated. Stuttgart, too, Too bad Nürnberg and esp. Hannover are even worse.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Two goals in the first half for Sancho. Nice (to watch) when an opponent plays a more open game against Dortmund. Not sure how Mateta got away with only a yellow card for intentionally elbowing Wolf in the face on that free kick.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Two goals in the first half for Sancho. Nice (to watch) when an opponent plays a more open game against Dortmund. Not sure how Mateta got away with only a yellow card for intentionally elbowing Wolf in the face on that free kick.

The team fell apart in the second half and the keeper saves them yet again. Too often this has happened to this team recently. Bad tactics from Favre in that second half and a bad mentality from the players.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dortmund going for 5 CBs the last 5 minutes... pretty embarrassing how they sat back the entire second half, at home, against a much weaker opponent. Mainz could have easily drawn. Another great performance from Bürki.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Favre remains a joke whatever his defenders say, merely lucky to be still challenging for the title.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd give Favre another season because the results this season are good enough with or without a title, but I don't yet see a reason to give him more than two seasons.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I'd expect Dortmund to take a big step back next year if Favre stays. His teams outperforming their expected goals has never been a permanent feature, but one that lasts a year or two. In Nice it was only for a year, and then back to average and a midtable finish the second year. I don't think what they're doing is sustainable. Especially if Sancho leaves.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
The team fell apart in the second half and the keeper saves them yet again. Too often this has happened to this team recently. Bad tactics from Favre in that second half and a bad mentality from the players.
Dortmnd just got destroyed by Bayern one week ago. Their entire defence is in their early 20s (at best). I wouldn't be too concerned tbh,

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Lars Stindl is out for the season. Man, he really has bad luck. Get well soon.

Manuel Neuer will be out for at least 2 weeks.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Pal Dardai and Hertha part ways at the end of the season. Dardai will come back in 2020 in a different position.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Dieter Hecking is a Top canditate of Schalke! Does it go with the "4-minutes Champion"? ;) ;)

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Dieter Hecking is a Top canditate of Schalke! Does it go with the "4-minutes Champion"? ;) ;)
I don't believe he does this. Schalke is a mess and they are talking about the Euro league. 200 mil in dept, crappy team and not many assets.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I don't believe he does this. Schalke is a mess and they are talking about the Euro league. 200 mil in dept, crappy team and not many assets.

What better option does he have? The roster is better than this, and the current standard is "not be in a relegation spot."

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
What better option does he have? The roster is better than this, and the current standard is "not be in a relegation spot."
He is still paid by Gladbach and he surely can wait for a better otion. A lot of coaches get sacked these days. Hertha would be an option. Schalke's best asset is their academy, but when players become good, they leave (often without financial compensation). On the other hand they always have high expectations. For me they are like HSV without relegation. Hopeless case.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Reading that Bayern are interested in Nubel. Is it true? I thought that they saw Fruchtl as Neuer's heir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad