German Football 2018/2019 Part II

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The funny thing is Dortmund should have scored early when they carved Bayern open with that beauty play down the left.

Reactions: KJS14

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bürki turning around from a liability to a great shot stopper is probably the biggest difference between last year's underwhelming Dortmund team and this year's team. Others get too much credit.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Without Burki this game would’ve been ugly. Honestly the Dortmund defence aren’t even there. Especially, when crossing Hummels and Lewa just eating them in the air

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And another goal after a sensational save from Burki. You have to feel for him it’s 10 v 1 at this point.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Without Burki this game would’ve been ugly. Honestly the Dortmund defence aren’t even there. Especially, when crossing Hummels and Lewa just eating them in the air

I guess they're all too tired to jump. How many times has a Bayern player cleanly won a header in the Dortmund box today? 5 or 6 in one half? Embarrassing.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The funny thing is Dortmund should have scored early when they carved Bayern open with that beauty play down the left.

Yeah, the whole half could have been a lot different if Dahoud finishes that one and they go 1-0 up. They haven't created anything since.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bayern haven't even been that good. They aren't really generating high quality chances on their own. Dortmund's defense has just been spectacularly bad.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Why favre bench Gotze and Weigl

No one knows with Götze. I guess Dahoud is more capable of making those runs from midfield to get in scoring position and that "paid off" with his missed chance in the 10th minute.

Weigl has been behind Witsel and Delaney all season and Favre really refuses to rotate him in. He's a backup at both CB and midfield unfortunately.

Reactions: Cassano

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Favre lost us the game before it started by not starting Goetze. That was absolutely the dumbest decision we've seen from him all season. Playing scared. Playing to tie. And if thats the case, it still doesn't make sense. Goetze's runs the offense in this team. He should be the first name on the team sheet. Reus, Sancho and Alcacer have had timely goals or assists, but everything goes through Goetze.

I didn't see the second half, so I don't know what happened there, but they looked unprepared and very slow in the first half. Bayern came to play in that first half, we played our worst half of the season.

A lot of people are going to now claim that Bayern has won the title now, like they did a few weeks ago. Its a one point lead now. Bayern are not good this season. They should not win out, especially with games against Leipzig and Frankfurt. We don't play another team the rest of the season in the top four. I think we have the easier schedule at this point, so I'm not convinced Bayern's going to win this. We gotta win our next four games, and put pressure on them. Both teams should be able to win their next four games. If the gap is still one point or its less than that after those four teams, we are in the better position.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Leipzig are a fun team to watch. Too bad they had a bad start. They could’ve been battling for the title otherwise.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Too bad they're not. Really. :rolleyes:

No, I'd even rather give it to FC Bayern for the Xth and Yth (and Zth if need be) time.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
And now something complete differnt:

Pokal semis are

HSV-Leipzig
Bremen-Bayern

Leipzig/Bayern should be the final

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
HSV-Bremen would be a lot more fun though. But that's the thing with German football these days...fun things don't happen.

Mmm, yesterday HSV lost to a relegation candidate at home after conceding a 90+4 minute goal, it was decently good fun.

magde800-1554756235.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad