Geoff Molson - Eh What's Up Doc Edition

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
very much a fanboy - hope board forces him to get a prez of hockey ops
That's what likely to happen, methinks... Bergy getting the Pres role and another 10 year extension. He double up in the GM position for another 3 years than steps back for his personally groomed successor who likes violet suits and has just as big biceps.

Reactions: Fixxer

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
What pisses me the most is the pack of accountability from the press. They will quickly dump on players any night of the week but the GM/Owner get passes despite their clear failures.

Sounds like a handful of posters here, cant blame Bergevin and company, its subban, or price or any other non MB type.

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
The article is over a year old, but the idea about the Habs organizational culture not fostering high performance due to a lack of accountability still holds water:
https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-molson-greatness-rebuild/

It was nice to see the Habs playing a more attractive brand of hockey finally (better to catch onto the league trend later than never). That being said, as long as Molson is president, I doubt the Habs will ever seriously contend for a cup. They'll continue to be perpetual pretenders.

Reactions: BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Predictably, not much has changed since Donald Beauchamp left as head of the Habs's PR Dept.

As per Jonathan Bernier of the JdM:

Les joueurs et membres de l’organisation craignent de parler aux médias. Les communications de l’équipe exercent un contrôle excessif du message, des entrevues et discussions entre joueurs et journalistes.

TRANSLATION: The players and the members of the org. are afraid to talk to the media. Habs's PR Dept. are excessively controlling the message, interviews and discussions between players and reporters.

C'est dur, dur de couvrir le Canadien - 25Stanley

Illuminati stuff.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Predictably, not much has changed since Donald Beauchamp left as head of the Habs's PR Dept.

As per Jonathan Bernier of the JdM:

Les joueurs et membres de l’organisation craignent de parler aux médias. Les communications de l’équipe exercent un contrôle excessif du message, des entrevues et discussions entre joueurs et journalistes.

TRANSLATION: The players and the members of the org. are afraid to talk to the media. Habs's PR Dept. are excessively controlling the message, interviews and discussions between players and reporters.

C'est dur, dur de couvrir le Canadien - 25Stanley

Illuminati stuff.
People can call me crazy(frankly my dear I don't give a damn) but I think that they have a presence here and on other forms of social media as well.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
People can call me crazy(frankly my dear I don't give a damn) but I think that they have a presence here and on other forms of social media as well.

Wouldn't be surprised. It's not as if you need to provide a real identity to post here.

They're already running Reddit Habs, where the Habs can do no wrong.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
There is an effort to make it the same way here.

Evolve media is a content creator compagny.

"We provide partner brands with authority and access to millions of engaged readers and fans across our portfolio. Evolve Media specializes in building custom content and experiential programs that resonate with the right audiences in meaningful and impactful ways."

They own this site.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Evolve media is a content creator compagny.

"We provide partner brands with authority and access to millions of engaged readers and fans across our portfolio. Evolve Media specializes in building custom content and experiential programs that resonate with the right audiences in meaningful and impactful ways."

They own this site.

It's a California corporation that has incorporated an entity in Calgary and which is its primary shareholder. The Calgary corporation is the one doing business in Quebec. It lists its principal activity as "internet advertising sales."

However, the post you are replying to was not meant to suggest that the Habs are "running" this site as in owning it but in the sense of trying to control its content via the posting base by conceivably having users designated by them, register here and pretend they are autonomous fans when they are just planted to protect and promote their brand. At least, that's the theory I believe OC was trying to advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
It's a California corporation that has incorporated an entity in Calgary and which is its primary shareholder. The Calgary corporation is the one doing business in Quebec. It lists its principal activity as "internet advertising sales."

However, the post you are replying was not meant to say that the Habs are "running" this site as in owning it but in the sense of trying to control its content via the posting base by conceivably having users designated by them, register here and pretend they are autonomous fans when they are just planted to protect and promote their brand. At least, that's the theory I believe OC was trying to advance.

Oh sorry I din't mean to say that the habs are running this site. No no absolutly not. That's definitly not their business.

I was just trying to say that this website is controlled by a marketing firm that creates content. And since this is a discussion forum, the only content you can create and control here are the discussions themselfs. Creating fake users is definitly one way and moderating what is being said is definitly another.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Oh sorry I din't mean to say that the habs are running this site. No no absolutly not. That's definitly not their business.

I was just trying to say that this website is controlled by a marketing firm that creates content. And since this is a discussion forum, the only content you can create and control here are the discussions themselfs. Creating fake users is definitly one way and moderating what is being said is definitly another.

So you were just trying to provide background on the corporation that owns the site? I understand.

You're right that the mods are an offset to fake users however, they have limited means and can't be expected to be able to fully decipher every instance of a plant just executing an agenda. I think the fake user always has an edge cause this is a large posting base, the mods already have their hands full and thus they can only be expected to do so much. Also, a smart fake user will do just enough not to break the rules and thus make him or herself immune from further or excessive scrutiny. You could also have a strategy where a fake user account has burned his bridges and who can be replaced by a new propagandist who picks up where the other left off. Imagination can be a dangerous thing, I suppose.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Interesting juxtaposition in the way the Habs are choosing to market themselves vs. other teams.

Looking at the Devils, they have a lot of themed nights planned, which you can readily see from the Tickets tab from their official site: Theme Nights / Promotions / Giveaways

Compare that to the Habs. The whole set-up has a very corporate feel: Tickets

Buy tickets, buy packages, rent ice, go for our suites and premium products.

Looking at it more closely, the photos of fans they're using to sell their product, have nothing to do with real fans. They all look plastic and are all wearing formal clothing:

BwhWg2j.jpg

Is this what real fans look like?

lBAP7Ym.jpg

What is this, a dating service for the well-to-do? Check out these specimens, freshly created from a reusable, state of the art plastic mold:

dcOpE7K.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, these are real pics from their site, in case you're wondering: Suite and Premium Products

Who are these people? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

They all live in a world that features only white 30-somethings. There are no visible minorities, no one with tattoos or piercings or sporting any distinctive mark or garb or religious symbols. In this world, no one is obese, nor physically challenged and everyone owns healthy pearly whites. Formal only, no casual. Welcome to Marwen.

For bonus points: can you spot which of these posers appear in more than one pic? It's so lame that they're using a lot of the same people dressed the same way. Their photographer just had them planted across these set ups instead of hiring different people and making it look like they weren't just a small group of actors and models being shuffled about.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Are these people even real?

Best Plastic Expression Award goes to ...

FOI2pgg.jpg

Runner-up in the Best Plastic Expression Award:

k8ELc1q.jpg

And the Bad Acting award goes to ...

CgIQTxn.jpg

Guy Who Never Saw A Hockey Game Award goes to ...

b3pKaEK.jpg

The Habs PR Dept. is so anal about controlling their image and the message and they associate themselves with photos like these.

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I love the bad acting award! She sure is talented. And that pointing finger? towards the hot dogs??? or the coach speaking french?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Interesting juxtaposition in the way the Habs are choosing to market themselves vs. other teams.

Looking at the Devils, they have a lot of themed nights planned, which you can readily see from the Tickets tab from their official site: Theme Nights / Promotions / Giveaways

Looking at it more closely, the photos of fans they're using to sell their product, have nothing to do with real fans. They all look plastic and are all wearing formal clothing:

BwhWg2j.jpg

lBAP7Ym.jpg

What is this, a dating service for the well-to-do? Check out these specimens, freshly created from a reusable, state of the art plastic mold:

dcOpE7K.jpg

Yes, these are real pics from their site, in case you're wondering: Suite and Premium Products

They all live in a world that features only white 30-somethings. There are no visible minorities, no one with tattoos or piercings or sporting any distinctive mark or garb or religious symbols. In this world, no one is obese, nor physically challenged and everyone owns healthy pearly whites. Formal only, no casual. Welcome to Marwen.

For bonus points: can you spot which of these posers appear in more than one pic? It's so lame that they're using a lot of the same people dressed the same way. Their photographer just had them planted across these set ups instead of hiring different people and making it look like they weren't just a small group of actors and models being shuffled about.
I've been to a booth twice and not a single person was dressed like that. Where the hell are the hockey jerseys? jeans? These all look like stock photos. Extreme branding and marketing fail.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

BwhWg2j.jpg

lBAP7Ym.jpg

dcOpE7K.jpg

How can this happen in 2019? Theyre all so white. Was this a Remax convention?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Mol$on must be busy these days..............counting all his money.

Therein lies the REAL problem guys. No urgency to win at all.
For a second I read that as Therrien is the real problem and I wasn't sure what he has to do with it lol

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad