Geoff Molson - Eh What's Up Doc Edition

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Haven't spent a penny on anything Habs related in over 2 years... & I've purposely avoided buying any Molson products.

Won't change a thing, I know, but while these clowns can ruin the team I cheer for, I can at least not pay them to do so in the process...
What pisses me the most is the pack of accountability from the press. They will quickly dump on players any night of the week but the GM/Owner get passes despite their clear failures.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What pisses me the most is the pack of accountability from the press. They will quickly dump on players any night of the week but the GM/Owner get passes despite their clear failures.

Sucks... But I get it in the Mtl market.

Habs are the main attraction in town, by far. Sports journalists don't exactly have great job security, Habs are well known to bully the media... Doesn't leave them much choice but to kiss butt.

Reactions: Sorinth

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sucks... But I get it in the Mtl market.

Habs are the main attraction in town, by far. Sports journalists don't exactly have great job security, Habs are well known to bully the media... Doesn't leave them much choice but to kiss butt.
I dont. If you're given up your professional integrity for job security...you should look at alternatives.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I dont. If you're given up your professional integrity for job security...you should look at alternatives.

LMAO.... I love your intent, but I had to laugh...
2019, north america, professional "integrity" is not exactly prominent in most industries, media and journalism perhaps the least (after politics, of course)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Great, after the 2022 reshuffle, the 2023 lack of coeur au ventre, the 2024 semi-transition and the 2025 lack of 'mental toughness', we'll get the 2027 fan experience renewal redux and maybe by 2028, we'll get a new plan.
Pretty obvious that Mol$on and MB just need more time....more time to count their money.

The bar set on the ground for expectations is a very sad state of affairs, for the Habs.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Try reading the gazette's hockey inside out articles for a good dose of management hate.the site has become a pile of garbage.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Well... it is all part of the clever plan by Molson. Make Bell hot dogs even more delicious (as part of transparency) so that the press dare not criticize the ownership in fear of losing their access to these delicious hot dogs. It's a bullet proof plan.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Try reading the gazette's hockey inside out articles for a good dose of management hate.the site has become a pile of garbage.

The HIO has indeed become a pile of garbage. I am surprised anyone still reads it. The old site had thousands of posts daily. Since Lucinda decided to improve it (btw, she is Michael Therrien of The Gazette) you can count on one hand the number of people that post there. I quit going to the site about a year ago... recently checked and yep... same thing. Every article Disco Stu posts get about 5 readers... I don't know how that guy makes a living, to be honest.

Reactions: Pickles

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Great, after the 2022 reshuffle, the 2023 lack of coeur au ventre, the 2024 semi-transition and the 2025 lack of 'mental toughness', we'll get the 2027 fan experience renewal redux and maybe by 2028, we'll get a new plan.
but what about 2026? I am sure Marc Bergevin has a solid plan (approved by Moneybags) for 2026. I believe it will be a pivotal year for the team.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
I think what pisses me off the most about this owner is how spineless he is. When the Cunnyworth debacle happened he caved in immediately to the pressure from the media and fans who threatened to boycott his beer.

The fact that he had to bring in Serge Savard to interview GM candidates was a clear indication that he's not qualified to be president of hockey operations.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I think what pisses me off the most about this owner is how spineless he is. When the Cunnyworth debacle happened he caved in immediately to the pressure from the media and fans who threatened to boycott his beer.

The fact that he had to bring in Serge Savard to interview GM candidates was a clear indication that he's not qualified to be president of hockey operations.
Truly amazing that the fans and the media in the city, have put up with this crap from Mol$on...lowering the bar has everyone fooled.
Brutal...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
but what about 2026? I am sure Marc Bergevin has a solid plan (approved by Moneybags) for 2026. I believe it will be a pivotal year for the team.

In 2026, they'll make the playoffs and lose in the first round. It will be heralded as the culmination of Bergevin's grand master plan. We'll only need to be a bit more patient, wait for next trade deadline. Wait for next free agency.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
3-8 is quite the time line. Does that mean Molson expects us to remain mediocre for at least two more years ? The is the window closed at year 9 ? (I know MB doesnt believe in windows)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad