London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Classic Lazary in his post game, talking about our antics, meanwhile his player gets called twice for diving in one game.
Baby shit

Update: Dionicio just went down holding his knee from a slash he took late in the 2nd period. For his sake, sure hope he’s able to recover.
Oh yes hope he recovers and then I also hope we hit him HARD next game

What a massive loss this was. Next game is a must win

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
We'll see if Hunter's strategy pays off next game. Down 5-2, and at the 11:00 mark, he concedes victory: Willmore comes in, top players benched or rested and the Boultons are rotating through the lines. Obviously, he's ruling out a comeback. Hacking and whacking the game plan.
Regroup... on to game 4.
As much sending a message to his bench as Saginaws.
They didn't cross the line which was good and Dionicio looked extra Sharman soft with a couple embellishments called lol. I guess if ya feel ya gotta aak for help from the stripes, have at it lol.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Luckily for McCue the refs have forgotten about charging penalties.
He's been getting away with them for awhile now.
If they are not call and on the score sheet, it means they are not penalties, they are fan's penalties and they don't count

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I guess the early defensive shell game does not work in Saginaw, they are going to have bigger leads. 6-2 loss to Saginaw

They do miss the big guy the league unfairly suspended in the pervious round. we will see him in this series
And again with the KL whinning lol. Hopefully you can move on at some point. Is what it is. Not an excuse.
The "early" defensive shell game in Sag did work lol. They were up 2-1 after 1. Inspite of a penalties disadvantage. ( not blaming or picking at refs/league as you are with KL)
I was waiting for Sag to fade as you suggested would happen after the1st. Seemed to go the other way. It's ok coach, we are all wrong at times.

If they are not call and on the score sheet, it means they are not penalties, they are fan's penalties and they don't count
And if they are called......ala KL by the refs or league do we extend your thoughts to they do count and the penalty or suspension stands and we shouldn't whine lol. Or are they "NON fan sysoensions"
I guess you live on a 1 way street? Just a guess.

Last edited:

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Saginaw......full credit. Got down in the first n dudnt quit.
Solid effort. Full marks. I ain't gotta like all the players orcteM but results stand. Solid bounce back!
Magnone, Sapolvaliv(?) Hache....n a few others are gamers
Saginaw earned the W. Clearly the better team tonight.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
And again with the KL whinning lol. Hopefully you can move on at some point. Is what it is. Not an excuse.
The "early" defensive shell game in Sag did work lol. They were up 2-1 after 1. Inspite of a penalties disadvantage. ( not blaming or picking at refs/league as you are with KL)
I was waiting for Sag to fade as you suggested would happen after the1st. Seemed to go the other way. It's ok coach, we are all wrong at times.

And if they are called......ala KL by the refs or league do we extend your thoughts to they do count and the penalty or suspension stands and we shouldn't whine lol. Or are they "NON fan sysoensions"
Right on rve. I can guess who you’re quoting. Have to put him and the media guys on ignore as it’s just too much mindless scrolling. Drivel, drivel, drivel.
Hoping London can adjust and win this series but if they can’t, Saginaw will be more than deserving I’m sure. Heck of a hockey club.

Reactions: rve24 and LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

That sound a little confusing for rve24, if they are called by the refs, got to be respected, if fans call it, nothing to be respected there is it.

On the big guy issue, no one can say Fastpace argue the refs 5 minute and game suspension, did not agree with it but respected, thats part of the game it human responding to plays seen on the ice and using already in place ruling, refs do not make rules. On the'league suspension, now thats a different storey, the rules are drawn there, they look at replays they see player standing unhurt and they see one player down hurt after a contact, case closed unhurt man guilty. Fastpace beef with the league is they are not serious about getting to the solution in preventing head injuries, why? If they did have the solution after so many years you'd think their punishment would have worked. Its not the referees faults for calling what is in the rules to follow, the league could change all that if they really were serious about head injuries. Is Fastpace criticising or questioning referee calls, no, is Fastpace criticising league rules. yes, is done, no, Fastpace is not making new rules, he is questioning the league old rules. Is rve24 still confused?

• Haha
Reactions: rve24

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Dear Mr Hunter: please please please demote MM39 to 3rd line. He has no clue how to play with Cowan and he's an offensive liability. One OA I won't miss next season. Heart can only take you so far. We need leadership from our OAs and someone to step up when things aren't going well. MM39 brings none of that.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
That sound a little confusing for rve24, if they are called by the refs, got to be respected, if fans call it, nothing to be respected there is it.

On the big guy issue, no one can say Fastpace argue the refs 5 minute and game suspension, did not agree with it but respected, thats part of the game it human responding to plays seen on the ice and using already in place ruling, refs do not make rules. On the'league suspension, now thats a different storey, the rules are drawn there, they look at replays they see player standing unhurt and they see one player down hurt after a contact, case closed unhurt man guilty. Fastpace beef with the league is they are not serious about getting to the solution in preventing head injuries, why? If they did have the solution after so many years you'd think their punishment would have worked. Its not the referees faults for calling what is in the rules to follow, the league could change all that if they really were serious about head injuries. Is Fastpace criticising or questioning referee calls, no, is Fastpace criticising league rules. yes, is done, no, Fastpace is not making new rules, he is questioning the league old rules. Is rve24 still confused?

Now youre referring to yourself in the 3rd person lol.

Not confused here at all coach.

Last edited:

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Saginaw changed their game plan to just throwing pucks at the net and it worked. Simpson has struggled on long shots all season. Knights D need to do a better job boxing out so there are no deflections.

Knights have been collapsing down giving them the point shot but now that it’s working they are pressure the points more.

Hunter is smart and will get the boys playing the right way Wed.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Now youre rreferring to yourself in the 3rd person lol.

Not confused here at all coach.
Ah!! finally, someone is getting it !! It took awhile for that someone to come around, that is great, can Fastpace be himself, now

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Saginaw changed their game plan to just throwing pucks at the net and it worked. Simpson has struggled on long shots all season. Knights D need to do a better job boxing out so there are no deflections.

Knights have been collapsing down giving them the point shot but now that it’s working they are pressure the points more.

Hunter is smart and will get the boys playing the right way Wed.
Saginaw played an emotional game, their coach Lazary is very emotional and his team mirrored him for this third game, along with some breaks in their favours. Early physicality would have been the answer, unfortunately the Knights tried it early and were penalized early and scored on. The Knights did get the lead but were never in full control of the game or calmed down this emotionally high Saginaw team. They needed to hit more in order to bring Saginaw back down from this emotion, it never materialized. We're likely going to see a more active Knights team on Wednesday with more shots on net as well, because of their defense situation London can not go for the open run and gun game, they have to wear down Saginaw players. IMHO

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Apologies to the group for being so upset. I was hopeful that we would continue our streak. Anyways we need that next win otherwise they have full momentum

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Apologies to the group for being so upset. I was hopeful that we would continue our streak. Anyways we need that next win otherwise they have full momentum
No big deal, its just one loss, 6-2, 3-2 or 10-2 it is still one loss, all winning teams must play through adversity to reach championships, London in 6 games still

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Knights4ever

Jan 3, 2024
What is everyone's guess on Edwards out due to personal reasons. Do you think it's an internal discipline thing?

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
What is everyone's guess on Edwards out due to personal reasons. Do you think it's an internal discipline thing?
I think all fans want him back on the ice, he's a big piece to the team and that's even more true with Leonard now out. I would guarantee it is not an internal discipline thing though, if he could be, he would be on the ice. Something is obviously going on but that something has nothing to do with us fans, we just all wish him the best and hope he can get back on the ice soon.

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
I tend to think that this team will only go as far as Cowan and Barkey will take us. Those 2 players are the key pieces of this team. We need to find a way to get those two going to get past Saginaw IMO.

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I tend to think that this team will only go as far as Cowan and Barkey will take us. Those 2 players are the key pieces of this team. We need to find a way to get those two going to get past Saginaw IMO.
What (?) :huh: We have a 20 man team, but only 2 of these men will win games and series for this team, according to post above they might as well tell all the others to go home, they are not needed in these playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad