Geoff Molson - Eh What's Up Doc Edition

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I’ve been a big MB doubter as I think he’s been mostly terrible, but the last couple of years I have sort of liked the direction we’ve been heading. Basically after Dudley left I feel this org has taking a turn for the better. I don’t know if Dudley’s departure has anything to do with it, was it the promotion of Timmins to AGT or what, but if this was the direction we took 6 years sooner I doubt anyone would be hating on MB. Better late than never, I suppose.

He still makes some decisions I don’t agree with, like His early moves this year to get a backup and another 5-6 dman, but at least there seems to be a coherent process behind those moves, although I think we acted way too soon and could have capitalized a bit better on the instability COVID-19 brought to the market, but all in all, I think we’re a better team today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadhouse

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I think the Anderson trade was a bit of a knee jerk reaction and we likely overpaid, but I like his game and didn’t care for Domi that much. It’s hard to imagine that’s all the value Domi had, but it’s a move, giving the makeup of our team that could be excellent. Seems like we took on a bit of unnecessary risk in that exchange, but Anderson has got game, whether he stays healthy enough to contribute is anyone’s guess, but we definitely lack the elements to the game he may be able to bring.

Jul 6, 2016
I was really hoping he would step off completely from hockey related matters and give the presidency to someone else. Could had been Gorton or even France-Margaret Bélanger.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal

Dude, calm down :laugh:

Ok so according to this guy, even if JG is a very competent hockey man who could probably get a job in many other hockey cities, knows the roster situation in Mtl, is aware of the culture in Qc, knows where the team is in the standing and knows in what state is the prospect pool, he came here nontheless just because "il se fout de nous et de notre culture". Make a quick stop to sqdc man.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Being able to dish it out physically and being able to manage pain better was a big factor for the Habs run. Weber was basically playing on one leg and was still a monster.

You’re pointing out injuries to other teams. Drouin wasn’t available all playoffs and he’s actually outscored Tavares in their last 20 playoff games. So you can’t mention one player being away and not mention the Habs were also shorthanded. Maybe you’ll laugh, but Drou has proven to raise up his level in the playoffs.

And please, Chandler Stephenson? He’s a glorified 3rd liner. Scheifele brought in on himself. At the end of the day, that was a sweep. Does Scheifele actually account for 4 Jets wins if he’s there? They lost with him in the lineup in Game 1.

I get being angry and seeing the team now is demoralizing. But to say it was a fluke run is wrong. I guess the Islanders were also a fluke? They made it far two playoffs in a row.

• Let's not hijack the thread even more...But Stephenson was Vegas 1st line C last year. And he's PPG this year. I'd take him ahead of Dvorak. Wouldn't you?
  • Also, nobody mentions Drouin 'cause he wasn't playing good in the reg. Season. And he actually had 3 playoffs to his credit, pretty tough to determine how warrior he is. But despite fine stats, Nobody will mistake him for a key player in the playoffs.
  • Islanders? Well they did reach 9 rounds in the past 3 years. tough to call them a fluke since 2018. And yes, despite all of that, I don't think anybody still mentions the Isles as true contenders. So Imagine the Habs will all their playoffs missing during normal season, and would have missed if the out of ordinairy seasons would have also been normal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad