Geoff Molson - Eh What's Up Doc Edition

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
George N. Gillett Jr .

I blame him for everything because he's the one that sells his team to Molson . He's also the one who wanted Gainey to manage the team .

:huh:
The Gillete days, with BG in charge...back when we made the playoffs, boy those were the days!! Most wish Gillette had kept the team, we would have had a Cup by now...at the very least clowns like Therrien and Bergevin would not have been hired...

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Apologists, enablers and sycophants, as I've dubbed them in past posts.

There are just no boundaries in this ownership group's overseeing of the management contingent. Any GM would have been fired following the disastrous 2017-18 season. Geoff, speaking on behalf of the ownership group, pontificated high and wide about how no stone would be left unturned, how there needed to be wholesale changes and how the then situation was unacceptable.

With all these feel-good speeches Geoff gave as the 2017-18 was winding down, what was his first post-season announcement? Confirming Bergevin would still be the GM. His second move? Digging further into the absurdity that while the season and everything about it was "unacceptable", Geoff announced that ownership announced that continuing with the individual who was responsible for the decisions that led to the disastrous result, was acceptable.

Luckily, Bergevin had the best off season of his tenure in 2018. But, that could have easily gone the other way as there was no indication based on his past record, that he might have been able to implement viable corrective measures and results within such a short timespan.

How clueless is Geoff? Sits next to his GM at the year end presser following the worst or one of the worst seasons in Habs's history and instead of dealing head on with the elephant in the room, his prepared speech was about improving the patrons's food experience at the BC. Priorities, shpariorities.
The only hope we have of molson stepping down is after he finally gets ride of bargainbin.Not a fan of Boston but one has to respect the fact that when they had issues they addressed them very quickly.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
As a season ticket holder, the first question of the video was infuriating. Now he'll be able to say "Oh we spent money we only have 4M in cap space". You f***ing spent it on Ben Chiarot and Kinkaid SMH. Bad owner.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
As a season ticket holder, the first question of the video was infuriating. Now he'll be able to say "Oh we spent money we only have 4M in cap space". You ****ing spent it on Ben Chiarot and Kinkaid SMH. Bad owner.

Both were much needed additions. What's frustrating is not acquiring elite talent yet.

If you are a season ticket holder, as i am, and THAT is what infuriates you, you're buying tickets to the wrong sport.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Easy there Marc, we know he pays for your fancy purple pants but instead of you scouring hockey forums to defend him, focus on fixing the team. The bashing will then stop on its own.

Sincerely,
Habs fans.

It is

Not sure why you’re asking me to focus on fixing the team when no one here does that

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The Gillete days, with BG in charge...back when we made the playoffs, boy those were the days!! Most wish Gillette had kept the team, we would have had a Cup by now...at the very least clowns like Therrien and Bergevin would not have been hired...
I don't know... Bob Gainey made his share of questionable moves and I think the later year or two of his tenure were less than sunny. Scott Gomez comes to mind, of course.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I don't know... Bob Gainey made his share of questionable moves and I think the later year or two of his tenure were less than sunny. Scott Gomez comes to mind, of course.
True, but for the most part, we were a playoff team trending in the right direction, with a plan........unlike now. BG did not have near as much rope as the clown Bergevin either. Anyhow, apathy continues to set in for most habs fans...

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
True, but for the most part, we were a playoff team trending in the right direction, with a plan........unlike now. BG did not have near as much rope as the clown Bergevin either. Anyhow, apathy continues to set in for most habs fans...
Apathy... actually i have been wondering (especially not living in Mtl anymore) - how big is the passion and interest in Habs from the younger crowd... millenials? A lot of folks over certain age still hold memories of past glory and perhaps that still keeps them attached to the team. But the younglings that were born after 1993... they wouldn't have seen anything other the lack of competence from every level of organization and not even once within a sniff of contending for the cup. And none is coming in the near future either. So what is there for them to be exited about?

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Molson should sell the Team for all Habs Fan
Too bad the Building is packed and brings alot of $$$$$

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Translation:

I'm excited for the next three to eight years. With our current group and all the newcomers, I believe we'll have a good team. Anything can happen. Injuries can happen, but we will have a good team.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not exactly doing cartwheels when I read that Molson is excited about the habs. What does he mean by that? Surely he must be referring to season ticket sales and general team revenues. "Anything can happen"? He skipped the playoff part of his boyfriend's infamous quote. I am so tired of these clowns that I have to go take a nap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad