Geoff Molson - Eh What's Up Doc Edition

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
Molson family has to wake up and hand these out to Geof and Marc.

pink-slip-hollywood-journal.jpg

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
While we blame Bergevin and Julien, the real blame goes to the guy who has let Bergevin waste years away for no good apparent reason. I'm a broken record here because Molson wont listen but he should have hired an experience hockey person to run Hockey Ops. We have the money and resources to do it, but Molson is insistent that he has the knowledge to do the job himself which is ridiculous considering he has no experience in pro hockey.

An experience head of Hockey Ops wouldnt have let Bergevin get away with many of his flaws such as keeping an AHL staff way past it's due date or blunder the handling of Radulov and Markov.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
While we blame Bergevin and Julien, the real blame goes to the guy who has let Bergevin waste years away for no good apparent reason. I'm a broken record here because Molson wont listen but he should have hired an experience hockey person to run Hockey Ops. We have the money and resources to do it, but Molson is insistent that he has the knowledge to do the job himself which is ridiculous considering he has no experience in pro hockey.

An experience head of Hockey Ops wouldnt have let Bergevin get away with many of his flaws such as keeping an AHL staff way past it's due date or blunder the handling of Radulov and Markov.

Is Molson smart enough to realize the attention he is about to get as our President? If we don't sell on some vets and we fall flat on our face where we finish bottom 8-12 range, he's going to feel the heat from media/fans for sure!

If he was smart, he would be starting to figure out how he is going to find a President to be the face of our management team like we had with Gainey before. That's step one to a change in management. Firing the GM only puts more pressure on him and he'd be dumb to do that IMO.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Is Molson smart enough to realize the attention he is about to get as our President? If we don't sell on some vets and we fall flat on our face where we finish bottom 8-12 range, he's going to feel the heat from media/fans for sure!

If he was smart, he would be starting to figure out how he is going to find a President to be the face of our management team like we had with Gainey before. That's step one to a change in management. Firing the GM only puts more pressure on him and he'd be dumb to do that IMO.
. Arrogance and stupidity seem to be molson's expertise.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
. Arrogance and stupidity seem to be molson's expertise.

I think Ignorance is the better word. He is not qualified to be involved with hockey operations but because he is owner, he put himself in that position.

He's not stupid but he is a bit stubborn if he does not listen to the constructive criticism our fan base is saying about him being accountable cause he is in the President seat. Change your title to CEO please and hire a savy guy to be the face of our hockey operations management group as the President.

Reactions: donghabs98

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
He's definitely part of the problem currently, what he lets his management get away with his insane. From the outside he just seems like a gullible fool that gets convinced by MB of whatever to the point where he's willing to go public saying we will be a competitive team in 8 freaking years.

Reactions: DAChampion

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's definitely part of the problem currently, what he lets his management get away with his insane. From the outside he just seems like a gullible fool that gets convinced by MB of whatever to the point where he's willing to go public saying we will be a competitive team in 8 freaking years.
This was evident to me when he became a foxhole friend of MB and MT. He let things get to this point.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Extension to Bergevin upcoming!!!! Fans get what they deserve. Still 3rd in revenues. 3% improvement from last year.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Pressure? From whom? For what? He owns the team, he can do whatever the hell he wants.
Just look at how Melnyck has been destroyed/hated in Ottawa and he couldn't give two craps about it.

It's also obvious at this point Molson ain't smart, he was just born under that wealthy inheritance star.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Money keeps flowing therefor its status quo.

Don't like the team direction? Stop giving Molson your money. That simple.

Reactions: hvac412

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
I have been to Bell Center last week. First time in three years.

And last time of my life. Never more.

I've paid 13$ for an average size beer (the awful molson beer). The big size was 18$.

18$ !!!!!!!!!!! It is INDECENT.

So **** you Geoff Molson. I will never drink your beer again, neither go to Bell Center.

Last edited by a moderator:

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
The atmosphere at the Bell sucks now

Fanbase is dying nationally (Most Ontarians I know no longer keep up with the team)

Bell no longer sells out

Passion is dying, Video/Audio clip engagement is down

It was legitimately better under Gillette.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Extension to Bergevin upcoming!!!! Fans get what they deserve. Still 3rd in revenues. 3% improvement from last year.

Insane. I don't even know why people bother going to the games anymore. From the cheesy lame goal song, passionless players, a team that's nowhere near contention, the overpriced everything and the atmosphere sounds better in bloody Ottawa at this point.

I don't get it

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Interesting how the top 5 teams are from the original 6 days -- they all had a nice head start and continued it.

Of course the Habs are posting improved revenues. Don't spend to the cap for 2 years, don't spend here or there and don't cause a $50M loss by firing the GM and all of his minions. Nicely done, Geoff, Mr. President of incoming funds.

The Business Of Hockey

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I've paid 13$ for an average size beer (the awful molson beer). The big size was 18$.

So F*ck you Geoff Molson. I will never drink your beer again, neither go to Bell Center.

Why not just go to watch the Rocket instead? A lot of those players end up on the Habs on a rotating basis and you don't get to pay the same insane prices.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Molson enjoying the roller coaster ride and revenue before the 8 game losing streak happened. Think we have the ride back on the rails now so Molson escapes disaster? :sarcasm:. It's a long season and not even at half way point yet

giphy.gif

Reactions: hvac412

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Interesting how the top 5 teams are from the original 6 days -- they all had a nice head start and continued it.

Of course the Habs are posting improved revenues. Don't spend to the cap for 2 years, don't spend here or there and don't cause a $50M loss by firing the GM and all of his minions. Nicely done, Geoff, Mr. President of incoming funds.

The Business Of Hockey

Those are all expenses, they wouldn’t impact revenue.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I don't think that Molson is stupid per se ... I think that he's average.

I think he has a blind spot with MB.

I also think that as someone who grew up idolizing the players (like any fan), he is naturally deferential to NHL vets. He may do a very good job on the business side of things, but he needs a qualified President. It might actually help his bottom line as well.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal

So **** you Geoff Molson. I will never drink your beer again, neither go to Bell Center.
I was there a couple weeks ago, and had a 710 ml can of Serie L'Amer for $13. Obviously it's overpriced, but it's no where near as bad as what you said. Plus, the beer was good. This wasn't even at the small thing downstairs, it was at a regular beer kiosk.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
The atmosphere at the Bell sucks now

Fanbase is dying nationally (Most Ontarians I know no longer keep up with the team)

Bell no longer sells out

Passion is dying, Video/Audio clip engagement is down

It was legitimately better under Gillette.
The Molson brand is all fluff and no substance .hmmm kind of reminds of what Molson looks like.:biglaugh:

Reactions: jackeymoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad