Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2020-21 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
You don't screw up a prospects development because your team has a need.

Do you guys really think that Rossi is the only prospect that works hard?
Why do you see 10 games of sheltered minutes and a reevaluation as screwing up? I would like him to gear up and test out at NHL game speed, not AHL.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
After the first round, my new internal ranking is:

Rossi
Boldy
Lambos
Wallstedt
Addison
O'Rourke
Beckman
Firstov
Khusnutdinov
Khovanov
Hunt
Jones
Dewar
Giroux
Nesterenko

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Always a fu exercise. My take:

Rossi
Boldy
Lambos
O'Rourke
Wallstedt
Addison
Khusnutdinov
Beckman
Nesterenko
Firstov
Khovanov
Hunt
Jones
Dewar
Giroux

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
After the first round, my new internal ranking is:

Rossi
Boldy
Lambos
Wallstedt
Addison
O'Rourke
Beckman
Firstov
Khusnutdinov
Khovanov
Hunt
Jones
Dewar
Giroux
Nesterenko
I’d have nuts and hunt higher, but no gripe here

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’d have nuts and hunt higher, but no gripe here

I'm not sure what to think with Hunt. I think most of those other guys have higher upside than he does. I'm not high on Khusnutdinov at all personally. I see the skill, I see the ability, I just don't see him as a top 9 center in the NHL. More of a middle six winger if everything goes right. I debated Khovanov over him simply because I think Khovanov is more likely to be a 2nd line center still.

That said, Firstov, Khusnutdinov, Khovanov and Hunt were all pretty interchangeable to me in that area. I don't think any of them leapfrog any of Beckman, O'Rourke or Addison.

O'Rourke and Addison were also interchangeable in their spots to me.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Here's where i rank them...

Rossi
Boldy
Lambos
O'Rourke
Wallstedt
Addison
Khusnutdinov
Beckman
Hunt
Khovanov
Firstov
Nesterenko
Jones
Dewar
Giroux

Reactions: Lapa

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Rossi
Boldy
Lambos
Wallstedt
Addison
O'Rourke
Beckman
Khusnutdinov
Hunt
Dewar
Firstov
Nesterenko
Khovanov
Giroux
Jones

Reactions: MuckOG

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So looking at Judd's two drafts:

Rossi
Lambos
Wallstedt
O'Rourke
Peart
Khusnutdinov
Bankier
Hunt

It feels kind of underwhelming. Three 1sts, three 2nds and two 3rds, and we really only have one player who looks like a top six forward. Add him to Boldy, maybe Kaprizov, maybe Fiala, maybe maybe Beckman. Guerin's gotta do something to bring in more offensive talent. So far, in his and Brackett's tenure, their ability to find and acquire offensive forwards has been...questionable.

Pretty solid on D though. Between Lambos, O'Rourke, Peart, Hunt and Addison, we have a pretty good shot at multiple top four defensemen.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Rossi
Lambos
Wallstedt
O'Rourke
Peart
Khusnutdinov
Bankier
Hunt

It feels kind of underwhelming. Three 1sts, three 2nds and two 3rds, and we really only have one player who looks like a top six forward. Add him to Boldy, maybe Kaprizov, maybe Fiala, maybe maybe Beckman. Guerin's gotta do something to bring in more offensive talent. So far, in his and Brackett's tenure, their ability to find and acquire offensive forwards has been...questionable.

Pretty solid on D though. Between Lambos, O'Rourke, Peart, Hunt and Addison, we have a pretty good shot at multiple top four defensemen.
I’m not underwhelmed but to reach their own

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Big fan of what you guys did in the draft, especially the first 2 rounds.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch

Rossi
Lambos
Wallstedt
O'Rourke
Peart
Khusnutdinov
Bankier
Hunt

To be fair most top 6 forwards come out of the first round and they have picked one forward in the first round. Also wasn’t Marat slated to be the number 1 center for Russia in WJC before he got hurt. So maybe a middle six prospect.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Rossi
Boldy
Lambos
Wallstedt
Addison
O'Rourke
Beckman
Khusnutdinov
Hunt
Dewar
Firstov
Nesterenko
Khovanov
Giroux
Jones

Thinking I would slot in Peart between Nesterenko and Khovanov. The later picks would be TBD for now.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy
Rossi

Wallstedt
Lambos

ROR
Beckman
Marat
Addison

Hunt
Dewar
Peart

Shaw
Lodnia
Giroux
Khovanov
Jones
Firstov
Nesterenko
Novak
FJo

Duhaime
SJo
Chaffee

I'm sure I forgot someone. Did not include older players.

- 1st group is potential top line players
- 2nd group 2nd line
- 3rd group is potential middle of the lineup players
- 4th group potential NHL'ers
- 5th group is filled with wildcards, that could easily jump up the list, or disappear, like Sokolov just did.
- 6th group is low ceiling guys that might get a few NHL games in. Let's not forget that Soucy would've been in this group not too long ago.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Everyone liking Lambos ranked higher than Addison?? I’m a skeptic, Addison just had a phenomenal season and you guys are higher on a guy we just drafted?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Tier 1:
Boldy
Wallstedt
Rossi

Tier 2:
Addison
Lambos

Tier 3:
O'Rourke
Peart
Beckman
Knusnutdinov

Tier 4:
Hunt
Jones
Firstov

Tier 5:
Dewar
Khovanov
Giroux
Lodnia

Positives:
There is depth at most positions except right wing
Don't have to worry about goaltenders for a while
A lot of upside if everything goes right
Good depth forwards

Negatives:
Defensemen are a big undersized except for O'Rourke
What right wing depth?
The depth at center is questionable with lost seasons from Khovanov, Knusnutdinov and Rossi
There isn't a lot of skill on the wings. Beckman's transition to the AHL is up in the air.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Everyone liking Lambos ranked higher than Addison?? I’m a skeptic, Addison just had a phenomenal season and you guys are higher on a guy we just drafted?
I watched a lot of him in the AHL. He was not dominant by any means, and I have doubts that his defending will hold up in the NHL. Lambos is much bigger, and was considered a top 15 talent in this draft, while Addison was a 2nd rounder.

Lambos has a reasonable chance to be a middle pairing, two way guy, and an outside chance to a top pairing dman. His health problems(now over), deflated his value for the draft, much like Krebs the year before.

Addison has a reasonable chance to be a bottom pairing/PP guy. Slight chance to be a sheltered middle pairing Dman.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Yeah I think Lambos' toolbox is bigger, he has more tools in it. He's also much better defensively. Both of them are smooth skating, puck moving defensemen, but I see Lambos as a potential all situations, top pairing guy, whereas I see Addison as more of a middle pairing offense only guy.

I think if Lambos was healthy all season there would be no chance he falls past 15.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Boldy
Rossi

Wallstedt
Lambos

ROR
Beckman
Marat
Addison

Hunt
Dewar
Peart

Shaw
Lodnia
Giroux
Khovanov
Jones
Firstov
Nesterenko
Novak
FJo

Duhaime
SJo
Chaffee

I'm sure I forgot someone. Did not include older players.

- 1st group is potential top line players
- 2nd group 2nd line
- 3rd group is potential middle of the lineup players
- 4th group potential NHL'ers
- 5th group is filled with wildcards, that could easily jump up the list, or disappear, like Sokolov just did.
- 6th group is low ceiling guys that might get a few NHL games in. Let's not forget that Soucy would've been in this group not too long ago.
How about a younger player... Khusnutdinov?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That's Marat in 3rd group
I saw that as I was going through it, agreed with the general placement, might have been a bit high, but not too bad....

Then I saw the question and I completely forgot he used the first name as I skimmed back up the list to see if anyone was missed... :facepalm:

Serves me right for trying to answer that just after I woke up. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad