Prospect Info: General Prospect Discussion Thread 2019-20 - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I was looking at draftsite and reading up on some rules.

Would Johansson qualify for this?:

Do the Wild get the a 2nd rounder if they just don't sign him or does there have to be some type of refuse to be signed from the prospect?
I don't think the refusal has to be on the player's end. If they don't sign Johansson they should get a late 2nd out of it.

Reactions: HotDish

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Anyone think that'll happen?
I don't see why it wouldn't, but going by the language of the rule I'm not sure why it already hasn't. Johansson's well past 2 years without a contract at this point. Obviously the schedule is out of whack this year and the intention is probably "within 2 drafts", so maybe they technically have a week to sign him? Seems unlikely.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't see why it wouldn't, but going by the language of the rule I'm not sure why it already hasn't. Johansson's well past 2 years without a contract at this point. Obviously the schedule is out of whack this year and the intention is probably "within 2 drafts", so maybe they technically have a week to sign him? Seems unlikely.
Yeah I meant more that we just forego signing him altogether. Maybe it happens in the next week?

I would assume you're right in that the timeline was likely pushed back.

Someone tweet at Russo and ask him about it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
In the event a Club loses its draft rights to an Unsigned Draft Choice drafted in the first round of the Entry Draft (except as a result of failing to tender a required Bona Fide Offer (as defined below)), who (i) is again eligible for the Entry Draft, (ii) becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent, or (iii) dies, a Compensatory Draft Selection shall automatically be granted to that Club, which Compensatory Draft Selection shall be the same numerical choice in the second round in the Entry Draft immediately following the date the Club loses such rights. By way of example, if a Club cannot sign the third pick in the first round, it will receive the third pick in the second round as compensation.

This is from the CBA. The bolded is what would be in question.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You hold the rights to overseas draft picks for 4 years, and yes, Johansson would have to turn down a contract for the Wild to get the 2nd rounder out of it.

Reactions: Bazeek

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
You hold the rights to overseas draft picks for 4 years, and yes, Johansson would have to turn down a contract for the Wild to get the 2nd rounder out of it.

That said, the Wilds bona fide offer could be league minimum, with zero signing bonuses and may not be terribly appealing to Johansson.

Very easily may not wanna play in iowa for 2 years making the same or less than he makes in the SEL.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
That said, the Wilds bona fide offer could be league minimum, with zero signing bonuses and may not be terribly appealing to Johansson.

Very easily may not wanna play in iowa for 2 years making the same or less than he makes in the SEL.

Did some quick googling. It appears league min in SEL is 80k Euros. That translates into roughly 90k USD.

AHL max for ELCs is 70k. Usaully the 90k signing bonus you can offer is enough incentive for even middling prospects to make the jump, but you don't have to offer the signing bonus.

Wild could offer a league min 700k/60k contract with no signing or performance bonuses, and Johansson would probably turn it down to stay in Sweden as he would make more money.

If that happens, Wild get the 2nd rounder.

Reactions: Wild11MN and AKL

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
We should have a few players in the WJC this year. Beckman and O’Rourke have a shot for Canada. Nuts and Firstov for Russia are locks. Boldy and Warren on the US squad.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Boldy - Rossi - Kaprizov
ROR - Addison
Kahkonen

This seems like a pretty good prospect starting 6.

2nd unit not too bad either, though a little light on RW and LD.

Beckman - Marat/Khovanov - X
X - Menell
Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad