OT: General OT Thread #44 - The World is Still Turning

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Trust me, you want to see Dune 2 on the big screen, it's epic.
Well, if I can find someone who wants to go to the movies with me, maybe I’ll go see it.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
The reasons I’m uncomfortable now are not the same as the reasons I was uncomfortable then. I’ve gotten past the issues that prevented me from going to the movies by myself in the past. However, I have a whole bunch of new issues.

It’s just how it goes with me.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I know. But like I said, I just don’t feel comfortable going by myself. Never have.
I will admit, I didn't either at first. But sometimes you just can't get anyone to go to a movie you want to see... so I went, by the time the show starts you forget about it anyway.

Over time, it just gets easier and then you don't even think twice about it.

You grow up mostly thinking going to movies is something you do only with other people and create that sigma in your own head. You created that sigma, you can uncreate it too, just by doing it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well, if I can find someone who wants to go to the movies with me, maybe I’ll go see it.

The reasons I’m uncomfortable now are not the same as the reasons I was uncomfortable then. I’ve gotten past the issues that prevented me from going to the movies by myself in the past. However, I have a whole bunch of new issues.

It’s just how it goes with me.

I get it, the wife and kid have issues too. You do what you're comfortable doing.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Count me in as someone that doesn't like going to movies (or much of anything outside of the house) by myself. But I HAVE to see this one at the theater and it's not really something any of my immediate friend groups would be interested in.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Count me in as someone that doesn't like going to movies (or much of anything outside of the house) by myself. But I HAVE to see this one at the theater and it's not really something any of my immediate friend groups would be interested in.

My wife and I have different taste in movies, she's likes the rom-coms/comedies and I like the adventure/action/sci fi's. Both of us are comfortable in going to the movies we want to see on our own without the other.

I will say that she came to the Dune movies with me and she did like them, especially Dune 2. Its that good.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I will admit, I didn't either at first. But sometimes you just can't get anyone to go to a movie you want to see... so I went, by the time the show starts you forget about it anyway.

Over time, it just gets easier and then you don't even think twice about it.

You grow up mostly thinking going to movies is something you do only with other people and create that sigma in your own head. You created that sigma, you can uncreate it too, just by doing it.
It’s not the stigma of going alone.

If you haven’t figured it out by now, with all the changes in my attitude and avatar, I am trans. And North Dakota passed some pretty hostile anti-trans laws last year. I’m not at a point where I would feel comfortable being in a theater by myself in my current state of presentation.

So that’s the reason.

• Love
Reactions: Sweetnut and TaLoN

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

If you haven’t figured it out by now, with all the changes in my attitude and avatar, I am trans. And North Dakota passed some pretty hostile anti-trans laws last year. I’m not at a point where I would feel comfortable being in a theater by myself in my current state of presentation.

So that’s the reason.
Well, you're always welcome here in Minnesota.

I'm glad you feel comfortable enough sharing with us. Thank you.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well, you're always welcome here in Minnesota.

I'm glad you feel comfortable enough sharing with us. Thank you.
I’ve kind of been hinting at it with all the subtlety of a bulldozer hitting a glassware shop.

But yeah feels good to finally say it out loud here.

Reactions: TaLoN

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
I’ve kind of been hinting at it with all the subtlety of a bulldozer hitting a glassware shop.

Honestly, never picked up on it. But good for you! #NoSarcasm

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I really cannot stress enough just how big of a difference figuring this out about myself made in my life.

It’s really brought into focus that old saying “to thine own self be true”. To be true to yourself you have to know yourself first. For 40 years I didn’t.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Same, never picked up on it. So maybe you were a bit more subtle than you thought! Thanks for sharing, I'm sure that's not easy. Glad you're here still!

Reactions: Avder and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

So that’s the reason.
I guessed , but didn't want to say anything without your saying anything outright. :thumbu:

Reactions: Avder

Wabit

May 23, 2016

So that’s the reason.

I thought you found out that you really liked weed and were just stoned...

• Wow

Wabit

May 23, 2016
TBH I just assume everyone on here is sitting in the basement in their underware posting while on the forums.

I don't look too closely because I'm 99% certain that db wears man-thongs with Bucky Badger on the crotch... Ain't nobody got time for that.

ps. You are all welcome for that mental image.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
TBH I just assume everyone on here is sitting in the basement in their underware posting while on the forums.

I don't look too closely because I'm 99% certain that db wears man-thongs with Bucky Badger on the crotch... Ain't nobody got time for that.

ps. You are all welcome for that mental image.
archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Wabit and TaLoN

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I really cannot stress enough just how big of a difference figuring this out about myself made in my life.

It’s really brought into focus that old saying “to thine own self be true”. To be true to yourself you have to know yourself first. For 40 years I didn’t.
Be yourself no matter what, and all is going to be ok. You do you, don't let anybody bring you down.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Be yourself no matter what, and all is going to be ok. You do you, don't let anybody bring you down.
Absolutely! Everything else is just noise and bluster. I know it's easier to say than do, but screw anyone who doesn't accept you as you are. You are who you are. Only you walk in your shoes and know who you are. Be you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad