OT: General OT Thread #44 - The World is Still Turning

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Well this is new and different. A tornado warning in February. I had that below being bombed when I heard the sirens go off.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
well, I didn’t exactly have “no snow on February 5” on my bingo card either. but this winter is just… Something else.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I don’t know about it where you are but winter actually showed up yesterday when it snowed a ton

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm so pumped for Dune part 2 soon. Just rewatched part 1 this weekend and part 2 may be the first movie I actually go watch in the theater since.... I can't even remember the last movie I went to the theater to watch.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm so pumped for Dune part 2 soon. Just rewatched part 1 this weekend and part 2 may be the first movie I actually go watch in the theater since.... I can't even remember the last movie I went to the theater to watch.
I'm also pumped and was very disappointed when it was delayed because of the SAG strike affecting the films marketing. Last film I saw was Wonka (very good film!) - so funny thing, both movies will have been Timothée Chalamet films.... seems he's becoming a pretty big ticket actor.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I'm also pumped and was very disappointed when it was delayed because of the SAG strike affecting the films marketing. Last film I saw was Wonka (very good film!) - so funny thing, both movies will have been Timothée Chalamet films.... seems he's becoming a pretty big ticket actor.
Where have you been? lol

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I want to say the last time I was at the theater for a movie was for Frozen with my then GFs kids. Been a while!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Prior to the first Dune he was a virtual unknown
Still unknown enough to me that I had to look him up to make sure I knew who you were talking about, and I've already forgotten his name again while typing this. I know I'm out of touch, but I've picked up the names of other actors his age just fine.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Still unknown enough to me that I had to look him up to make sure I knew who you were talking about, and I've already forgotten his name again while typing this. I know I'm out of touch, but I've picked up the names of other actors his age just fine.
He's "becoming" a big ticket actor... here's his top 10 grossing movies, and only Dune (2021) and Wonka (2023) really stand out in that he has a lead role and they made more than $400m globally. Dune Part 2 is likely to join this year.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
He's "becoming" a big ticket actor... here's his top 10 grossing movies, and only Dune (2021) and Wonka (2023) really stand out in that he has a lead role and they made more than $400m globally. Dune Part 2 is likely to join this year.

Hostile was a really good movie. Also, I had no idea he was in interstellar (top 5 movie all time for me). Super minor part for him though

Reactions: TaLoN

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
The new Shogun series is FANTASTIC (so far anyways). Wish Hulu had all the eps released so I can binge it all...
I still remember the original series with Richard Chamberlain. It must be somewhere for you to find..

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Lol. I didn't know what you meant so I had to Google it. No, they didn't have them at the small town theatre we went to.
For those not in the know, here’s the popcorn bucket

Attachments

• IMG_1651.jpeg
    IMG_1651.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Sweetnut

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Watched Argylle. The first half had me confused on why people thought it was so bad. Had a pretty good/entertaining first half. The second half though… it went off the rails. Nothing about it was even remotely believable or entertaining

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad