OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
I had frontier years ago when i lived in apple valley. may have been the apartment i was in or something else, but all they had at the time was DSL and it sucked soo bad. but again, that was 10 years ago

Yeah lol. Just called them my speeds would have not been nearly as good as what I have now.

That's a no go.

Looks like I'm stuck dealing with ole Monopoly Spectrum.

So another update.

So I'm paying about 90 bucks a month for 100 mbps.

Apparently I can get 400 mbps and Spectrum Streaming for 120 a month.

Anyone know if the spectrum choice package comes with FSN North or at least maybe usually comes with it if it doesn't currently?

The salesperson says it does but it all seems too good to be true.

Last edited:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Yeah lol. Just called them my speeds would have not been nearly as good as what I have now.

That's a no go.

Looks like I'm stuck dealing with ole Monopoly Spectrum.

So another update.

So I'm paying about 90 bucks a month for 100 mbps.

Apparently I can get 400 mbps and Spectrum Streaming for 120 a month.

Anyone know if the spectrum choice package comes with FSN North or at least maybe usually comes with it if it doesn't currently?

The salesperson says it does but it all seems too good to be true.

The shit. I pay $90/mo for fiber (1Gbps)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Woke up today and I noticed my hands were freezing!

I checked the thermostat and saw it was 61 degrees in the house... normally have it at 66 degrees. My furnace wasn't kicking on.

I went to the utility room, flipped the switch to turn off the furnace, waited a minute, flipped it on. The furnace turned on, but wouldn't ignite.

Thankfully, I knew this must be an ignitor issue and this fix is almost as simple as changing a lightbulb. I also happened to have the foresight to have a spare. Turned the furnace back off, grabbed the new ignitor I ordered just for such an occasion 5-6 years ago, pulled out the old ignitor (sure enough, there was a crack in the ceramic), plugged in the new one, turned the furnace back on, works like a charm. :thumbu:

Just ordered a new ignitor so I have another spare.

$15 part on hand and only 5 minutes time, saves $100's from having a repairman come look. ;)

Last edited:

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

I checked the thermostat and saw it was 61 degrees in the house... normally have it at 66 degrees. My furnace wasn't kicking on.

I went to the utility room, flipped the switch to turn off the furnace, waited a minute, flipped it on. The furnace turned on, but wouldn't ignite.

Thankfully, I knew this must be an ignitor issue and this fix is almost as simple as changing a lightbulb. I also happened to have the foresight to have a spare. Turned the furnace back off, grabbed the new ignitor I ordered just for such an occasion 5-6 years ago, pulled out the old ignitor (sure enough, there was a crack in the ceramic), plugged in the new one, turned the furnace back on, works like a charm. :thumbu:

$15 part on hand and only 5 minutes time, saves $100's from having a repairman come look. ;)

Had this happen last year on a gas stove heater, got it to reignite and it blew up like a grenade. Couldve killed me. Sheared the welds right off the top of it, filled the room with dust. scariest thing ive ever experienced.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Oof. You always need to air out the room first in case there has been a gas buildup.

Reactions: TaLoN

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Oof. You always need to air out the room first in case there has been a gas buildup.

It wasnt the room, its a closed system. hence the grenade comparison. they are welded completely shut. see below

upload_2020-11-24_8-46-48.jpeg

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA

Had a similar thing happen to my A/C unit this summer when I was on vacation. Came home and noticed the fan wasnt spinning on the outdoor unit. Did research and it was the capacitor that gives a electric jolt to start the fan motor. This might be obvious to some of you but you should really have a backup one of those because once they die it’s either wait in the middle of summer with no A/C for one in the mail or a HVAC repair company charging $300+ for a 15 dollar part and they die about every 7 years says the internet.

Reactions: TaLoN

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
still not seeing any black friday streaming specials. sling has buy a month get one free for a savings of maybe $30. thats it. T vision is still at $40 cheapest package but due to a dispute added 30 more channels for 65 instead of 35 orig. vidgo i think is just $5 off to $40 cheapest package. please help , anyone? bueller?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
We had our Turkey yesterday, as wife has to work today. Man, once that Triptofan kicks in its lights out for me. Good thing that Turkey is only a couple of times a year.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Man, that mixture of stuffing, mashed potatoes/gravy and corn is one of my favorite things to eat. Then making a weird sandwich of it the next day :). Hope everyone had a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Reactions: HotDish

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I do wonder how humanity will evolve when we contract out first alien species. E almost need a foreign entity to bond together as a whole. A common enemy.

Reactions: HotDish

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I do wonder how humanity will evolve when we contract out first alien species. E almost need a foreign entity to bond together as a whole. A common enemy.
Yes, I remember reading a slightly humorous hypothetical about that very premise how the time we finally see racism in humans stop is the moment an alien force comes to attack earth. At that point everyone will realize that isn't much different between every human. At that point everyone will band together defeat the aliens.

I don't just imagine how it changes technology, but also things like religion and language. Maybe even politics.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
area 5-7, though it's all so relative. People in Winnipeg don't think they are up north. In Edmonton, Fort McMurray is up north, in Fort McMurray, Yellowknife, and in Yellowknife, Innuvik.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hey, looks like winter is finally going to arrive today... 4-7 inches of snow expected, then drop below zero tuesday Thursday morning...

A white Christmas after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad