OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If you need any food, I can send some non-perishables up from Texas. Like I think chips and canned goods? Maybe? Do you need anything for the kiddo?

That's ok man, I appreciate the offer a lot, though! Since I posted that my wife has been asking our family and friends, and it turns out there are still stores open if we're willing to drive, which we're going to do tomorrow. Again thanks! That's very generous of you!

Reactions: thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
That's ok man, I appreciate the offer a lot, though! Since I posted that my wife has been asking our family and friends, and it turns out there are still stores open if we're willing to drive, which we're going to do tomorrow. Again thanks! That's very generous of you!

No problem. I got a 17 month old, so I know how stressful it is to have a kiddo coming especially with a pandemic.

Reactions: BagHead

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Stay safe guys.

If you get a chance you should check out the speech Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms made yesterday in response to protest in Atlanta.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Minnesota National Guard to be fully mobilized; Walz said 80 percent of rioters not from MN
The Minnesota governor is fully mobilizing the state’s national guard, something that hasn’t been done since World War II.
Speaking Saturday morning after Minneapolis and St. Paul saw the fourth night of violent riots where more buildings were set ablaze, Walz said rioters “are not with us.”
“If you are on the streets tonight, it is very clear: you are not with us, you do not share our values and we will use the full strength of goodness and righteousness to make sure that this ends.”
Walz said the people producing the violent riots are 20 percent Minnesotans and 80 percent from the outside.

This pisses me right off!

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

Yea too bad it's not true. You can go into the arrest database and see all the arrests made, and virtually every single arrest was of someone in Minnesota. There were only a handful of people arrested that were from out of state. The police and leadership of Minnesota are intentionally misleading the public to think that these bad actors aren't from here.

Just another example of them failing to lead and take charge of the situation.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yea too bad it's not true. You can go into the arrest database and see all the arrests made, and virtually every single arrest was of someone in Minnesota. There were only a handful of people arrested that were from out of state. The police and leadership of Minnesota are intentionally misleading the public to think that these bad actors aren't from here.

Just another example of them failing to lead and take charge of the situation.

Small sample size and lying about their address..
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...ing-the-burning-are-not-minneapolis-residents
His assertion comes amid reports of out-of-state license plates on cars appearing in and around the riots

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

On the radio KFAN today, they said they talked to a TSA guy who tracks known "anarchists" in the US, and there is a large influx of them into Minnesota this week.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
You, sir, are awesome

Thanks!

BTW that goes for anyone else here. If you guys are afraid or need any food or anything to survive, let me know. I know we have our differences, and we argue, but this goes beyond hockey. We are a community, and we are passionate about our team. We don't always see eye to eye (which isn't always a bad thing), but I've been here for almost a third of my life. You guys are like my family.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

On the radio KFAN today, they said they talked to a TSA guy who tracks known "anarchists" in the US, and there is a large influx of them into Minnesota this week.

It would be wrong to broad-brush everyone but there is some truth to this.

There was a considerable uptick in out of state license plates when a loons stormed the state capital of Michigan over the CoVid-19 lockdown. The first one gained national attention because several were docked out with guns. It has progressively died down with every "protest" since.

Other groups along with criminals and those just looking to loot are taking advantage of the discord. In the middle you have those who are actually peacefully protesting.

Some of the hypocrisy over this is rather rich though..

Last edited by a moderator:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Gov. Walz extends Minneapolis, St. Paul nighttime curfew through Monday morning
Gov. Tim Walz has extended the temporary nighttime curfew through Monday morning, urging residents of Minneapolis and St. Paul not to travel on city streets or visit public places.

The request is an extension of the curfew in place Friday and Saturday nights, which Walz said “allowed our law enforcement to target those who meant to do harm to our communities.”
The curfew extends from 8 p.m. Sunday through 6 a.m. Monday. Peace officers will enforce the curfew and arrest those who aren’t complying.

During the curfew, no one can travel on Minneapolis or St. Paul streets or be in public places, with a few exceptions. First responders, media professionals, and people who are homeless are exempt, as is anyone going to or coming from work or experiencing an emergency.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why was this locked earlier?
Had some extremely over the line posts.

More than 5000 National Guard troops in the Twin Cities to help enforce the curfew.

Over 5,000 Minnesota National Guard soldiers and airmen deployed in Twin Cities
The National Guard said Sunday morning that more than 5,025 soldiers and airmen are activated with plans to continue activation in the coming days.
It called Saturday night's successful operation an organized show of force and said 19 missions were completed to support local authorities and keep the community safe and secure.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Anyone working downtown now? I know my son's business told them to work from home today, and the landlord has boarded up the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad