OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Why can't parents just watch the game and just be happy to see their kids involved? They should be sure their kids understand sportsmanship first and foremost. Let the game p layout and your kid enjoy it.
It's interesting how there are actually TV commercials out there right now promoting good behavior by parents at their kids' sporting events. It's sad how serious some of them are. No, you son/daughter is not going to play professionally.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
March Madness with no fans. Literally my favorite two days of the year, by far, are the first two days of the tournament. No longer. It won't be the same.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Well this is now the second time in a calendar year that I've paused my YouTubeTV membership. First time was when I lived in Austria for 3.5 months. Now the NHL have suspended their season, and Formula 1 cancelled the race this weekend (likely to cancel more in the coming weeks).

This sucks.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Well this is now the second time in a calendar year that I've paused my YouTubeTV membership. First time was when I lived in Austria for 3.5 months. Now the NHL have suspended their season, and Formula 1 cancelled the race this weekend (likely to cancel more in the coming weeks).

This sucks.
I'm working from home and my GF will start next week. There was a big ass postit note on the fridge this morning that just said Clean.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It has gotten to the point that my buddies and I are placing bets on how much Mecum Car Auction cars are going for. The sad part of that is the car auctions are all reruns so you could easily see what they do lol.

Just for something to make the day interesting.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Took the WRX out for a drive on Monday and took advantage of the open roads. Decided to fill up my gas tank about a mile from my house. Some lady forgot to put her car in park and turn off the engine before getting out to open her gas cap, so her Honda Pilot rolled into the back of my car and broke both tail lights and destroyed the driver side sensors in the back as well. I find myself wanting self driving vehicles more and more because of things like this.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Took the WRX out for a drive on Monday and took advantage of the open roads. Decided to fill up my gas tank about a mile from my house. Some lady forgot to put her car in park and turn off the engine before getting out to open her gas cap, so her Honda Pilot rolled into the back of my car and broke both tail lights and destroyed the driver side sensors in the back as well. I find myself wanting self driving vehicles more and more because of things like this.
Sorry to hear that... but I still want nothing to do with self driving cars.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Sorry to hear that... but I still want nothing to do with self driving cars.
Yeah, I trust them as far as I can throw one. Other than requiring all drivers to take updated courses every few years I don't know how you can prevent these kind of accidents. Luckily I won't owe anything and have another vehicle I can use if needed.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I must be losing my mind, because I can't find the search tool on the board? Am I crazy or did it disappear?

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Getting real tired of these spring snowstorms. Just rearranged my shed to put the mower up front instead of the blower but had to re rearrange it yesterday.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I hope sanity can return to the Twin Cities soon. It's a shame what happened last night, and it's also a shame what is happening right now. If anyone we know around here lives in the affected areas, hope you're staying safe.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bad time to be out and about. If things don't settle down very soon, some more lives are going to be lost. In a mess like that, it won't matter if you're innocent, or trying to do good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bad time to be out and about. If things don't settle down very soon, some more lives are going to be lost. In a mess like that, it won't matter if you're innocent, or trying to do good.
The problem is, this creates nothing but noise around the protesters who were actually peaceful and had a legit message to get across.

These rioters and looters are not "protesters" at all, they see this as an opportunity to create mayhem and get something for themselves. They achieve nothing but hurting even more lives than are already hurt.

Reactions: 57special

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yikes, this is scary. Hope you all are safe.

The police station that's on fire, is that where the officers in question worked out of? Or did the geniuses behind the fire just picked any random one?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
The problem is, this creates nothing but noise around the protesters who were actually peaceful and had a legit message to get across.

Peaceful protests have done nothing. It is going to take more for the myth of justice for all to even come close to happening.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad