OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Apparently on Friday the show is making some big announcement that fans will be happy about. Season 8 maybe?
Another season would certainly make me happy.

Don't they also do a random holiday episode every year too? Although the actual holiday was just this week, a Canadian Thanksgiving episode has potential.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
I've never used an adblocker before, never cared if I see ads.. This site has forced my hand, settled on Wipr for Safari. Can't believe I waited this long. No longer ending up in the Oilers forum or hitting an ad because the website bounces.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I've never used an adblocker before, never cared if I see ads.. This site has forced my hand, settled on Wipr for Safari. Can't believe I waited this long. No longer ending up in the Oilers forum or hitting an ad because the website bounces.
Yup, pretty much mandatory. The site still bounces like crazy on mobile so I click on the wrong thing constantly.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's impossible for this to not sound like shilling, but $12 for a year's worth of sponsorship isn't a bad deal if you spend much time on here. Then again I spend enough time on here that I almost felt morally obligated to do it once I realized it was only $1 a month. YMMV.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Rick and Morty season 4 stats tonight!

f70475ba-c37d-423a-8eca-7c7cd00500e7

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I regret not watching Watchmen again before starting to watch Watchmen.
I don't. Watchman the movie is terrible. Watchman the series is really good.

The series is not related to the movie in any way other than they are based on the same source material.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I don't. Watchman the movie is terrible. Watchman the series is really good.

The series is not related to the movie in any way other than they are based on the same source material.

That seems pretty closely related. I get that the show's not a sequel, and the movie veered from the squids and all that, but I didn't remember much more than "blue god dong", "mask guy pops" and a few other things that were probably actually from Sin City. It woulda been helpful.

Been digging His Dark Materials too. Poor Dudley Dursley. At least he fared a little better than in Buster Scruggs.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
That seems pretty closely related. I get that the show's not a sequel, and the movie veered from the squids and all that, but I didn't remember much more than "blue god dong", "mask guy pops" and a few other things that were probably actually from Sin City. It woulda been helpful.

Been digging His Dark Materials too. Poor Dudley Dursley. At least he fared a little better than in Buster Scruggs.
Ya don't mess with armored polar bears. I thought that was common knowledge.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Meh... closely related, but not necessary. The show takes place in a time where most people don't even remember them anyway, so all the necessary stuff is getting told along the way.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
First actual snowfall of the year guys. Be sure you have all the emergency items in your vehicles in case you get stuck on the roads. Also be sure to remind people to TURN THEIR LIGHTS ON EVEN IF ITS DAYTIME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
TURN THEIR LIGHTS ON EVEN IF ITS DAYTIME.
Automatic headlights were a terrible invention. Nobody takes the time anymore to do the safe thing and turn their lights on because they're so used to them turning on by themselves.

I refuse to use auto headlights, so I never forget to turn them on in all necessary situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad